Back Pages Tuesday's Back Pages - 18 images

I've been Tav's biggest fan over the years and he's been my favourite player since he joined us which means I've never joined in with the constant over the top criticism of him in here.

However even I have to call him out now, undoubtedly our collapse against Ross County was completely in the character of this team.

Call it what you want, belief, bottle, mentality etc we just don't seem to have it, when the pressure is on the same thing keeps happening time and time again.

Fucking pissed off with this nearly men shite.

Tav has lost more cup finals than won with us, and the rest we haven't even made. So treating the next 6 like cup finals doesn't exactly make me leap for joy, in fact I think that's more dangerous with this group of players than playing the game rather than the occasion.

I've been Tav's biggest fan over the years and he's been my favourite player since he joined us which means I've never joined in with the constant over the top criticism of him in here.

However even I have to call him out now, undoubtedly our collapse against Ross County was completely in the character of this team.

Call it what you want, belief, bottle, mentality etc we just don't seem to have it, when the pressure is on the same thing keeps happening time and time again.

The same defence who got trounced in Europe a couple of seasons ago. Defenders who can't defend corners or free kicks. It was coming but hard to believe it would be from worse team in league. Still if we took our chances it could have been so different. Not buying a scorer and relying on someone who would struggle to hit a coo on the arse with a banjo will cost us the league I think

Even if they had fought to the end but nothing went our way I would be more forgiving of our performance v county. Sadly it's a repeat of the last few seasons and because of that I have no trust in these players but to be nearly men again, which I hate saying.

Most must win games, the bottle crashes.

F*****g sick of it now.

Back