Turning Point for you this Season?

FifeBlue

I know the season isn't over, and there's still 24pts up for grabs. Either us or them is gonna win the Title. That's a given.

At the start of the season I was convinced we'd win 56. We were riding high, still buzzing at 55, stopping 10IAR and kept all our best players from last season. They hadn't beaten us in over 2 years.

Just a few weeks ago, we were 6 points clear of them. Now we're 3 points behind.

What happened?

For me, two games have been the pivotal points: the 3-0 drubbing at the piggery; and giving up a 2-0 lead at home to drop 2pts against Motherwell.

I think, looking back, if we don't win the Title, I'll regard those two games as the major nails in the bid for 56.

As I say, anything can happen, and I'm convinced we'll take at least 3pts in the remaining OF games. But I'm still anxious at how this season has turned.

Thoughts?

I know the season isn't over, and there's still 24pts up for grabs. Either us or them is gonna win the Title. That's a given.

At the start of the season I was convinced we'd win 56. We were riding high, still buzzing at 55, stopping 10IAR and kept all our best players from last season. They hadn't beaten us in over 2 years.

Just a few weeks ago, we were 6 points clear of them. Now we're 3 points behind.

What happened?

For me, two games have been the pivotal points: the 3-0 drubbing at the piggery; and giving up a 2-0 lead at home to drop 2pts against Motherwell.

I think, looking back, if we don't win the Title, I'll regard those two games as the major nails in the bid for 56.

As I say, anything can happen, and I'm convinced we'll take at least 3pts in the remaining OF games. But I'm still anxious at how this season has turned.

Thoughts?
I felt last season the come-from-behind win at Ibrox against Motherwell was the 'turning point' and when I really started to think it was our year. I'm far from throwing in the towel this season yet, but can't help but feel the squandering of a 2-0 half time lead against Motherwell this time around may prove pivotal.

The day we conceded injury time to draw with Ross County and later that day they won with a last minute winner. Went downhill since then.

Even with our dip in form since the enforced winter break, we should still be well ahead. Only refs have kept them in this " title race. " It has been open cheating.
That NINE minutes of additional time they got last weekend was absolutely astonishing. The refs could hardly be more blatant about it!

Until it becomes mathematically impossible to win the league any turning point isn't relevant because despite all our f**k ups. We still have this within our control if we win the remaining games. If we don't go on to win the title it's because we aren't good enough simple as that.

Ross County away was the turning point for me. Couldn’t help how I felt at the time but felt like a massive momentum shift. The scum are favourites for the title as I don’t see them dropping many points. However you never know what’s round the corner. We could go on to have one of our most memorable seasons by doing a double and going far in Europe.

I’m not convinced there’s been a turning point or a dip in form,we’ve played pretty poorly since the start of the season,too many silly goals conceded due to daft errors etc.
The confidence I expected to come from being Champions never manifested itself for whatever reason(Gerrards demotivation/disillusionment transferring to the players performances?)

The first Motherwell draw on the same day as Celtic got beat by livi was a bad weekend as it was a real chance to put lots of pressure on.

The other was Ross county. Absolute shambles that day combined with them winning late on.

When we look back in may I fear the difference between the teams will be the points won and lost in injury time .

Motherwell for me was the first time I felt we aren’t going to win this league are we?

Hope Thursday will maybe be a turning point tho, off the back of two pretty awful performances to thump red star and play so well, hope we take that on into the last 11 domestic games (including sc cup) and win the double……. Maybe even the treble

Still maintain that our iffy form in the autumn was more damaging. They were shit but we didn't exactly capitalise and dropped points ourselves when we should have been building up a strong lead. However, it was shrugged off because they were "shite anyway".

They've got their act together (by any means necessary) but we should have had the cushion for the inevitable tough games where we could drop points.

Both Dortmund games, I expected us to kick on but we follow those great performances with lacklustre showings. Motherwell in particular was a sore one and bordering on criminal.

We were great again on Thursday there but it goes without saying that we absolutely need to put in a convincing performance tomorrow.

Losing a 2 nil lead against a team of jobbers from Motherwell at-home, from a dominate one sided first half your ever likely to see after the scum dropping 2 points. If we end up falling short this season, that's the game that will have the players and us as fans losing sleep over.

Going out to Malmö completely burst our bubble for me, but from a league point of view, can't look further than us losing a last minute equaliser at Ross County the same day they got a last minute winner against someone.

Threads like this are just tempting fate. Let’s save analysis of if’s and maybes once we know the outcome.

What happened?

Thoughts?
Ross county injury time

Their winner up there in the 8th minute of 6 minutes injury time turning 1 point into 3

Then us conceding up there in injury time to trun 3 points into 1

Connor and Mullaney have swung it in their favour no doubt about it,all eyes on cheating refs but their selective flags have had a huge impact.

I'm hoping it's still to come!

I honestly believe we will have to win both OF games to win the league as we will definitely drop points to other sides.

There's absolutely no way we shouldn't be able to win both games. For all the talk about the refs, if we play like we did against Belgrade or Dortmund we will beat Celtic twice.

Giving them a beating next month will certainly go a long way.

Ross county if it all goes tits up.

You can lose old forms and an off day in those can happen.

We would have still been top after it
This for me. Losing that last minute goal and dropping the 2 points had the double whammy effect of putting us on a serious downer and giving them both a massive lift and the incentive to beat us to go top of the league. I'm still confident we can win this league, but if we don't, that will be the pivotal moment for me.

Ross County combined with their last minute winner against Dundee united the same day.

Felt the momentum swing that day
This.

Us dropping points in the 93rd minute spurred them on to win with just 10 men. Had we won they’d have drawn 0-0 I have no doubts in my mind and we would’ve went on to win the title.

Unfortunately you cannot drop points to Motherwell twice at Ibrox and still win the league.

Back