Twisted headlines in the media.

calderbear

Saw a headline printed in the Scotman about Craig Moore being sacked in a row about orange strips.
Thought Craig was maybe in trouble for being uber staunch and insisting his team wear orange strips.
Turns out the issue was team numbers were peeling off the orange strips and Craig as football director was getting the blame.
Talk about a misleading headline purposely trying to stir up the shit.
I really am getting old as I remember when the Scotsman was a respectable newspaper and not just another gutter level tabloid rag.

Last edited:
The stuff they allow on their on-line comments about us is horrendous. I don't think this goes unchecked, I just think they are fine with it.

Fuck them!

The colour was irrelevant but the media Chos to highlight that in their incessant quest to besmirch Rangers at any opportunity.

The colour was irrelevant but the media Chos to highlight that in their incessant quest to besmirch Rangers at any opportunity.
Agree it’s as if they are looking for any excuse.Let them die on the vine.Toilet paper of a rhag.

A good friend of mine used to work for them and he left about 5 years ago telling me that their shares were trading at sixpence and they were on the bones of their arse at that time...

Tick tock...:cool:

There is no doubt internet has had an enormous effect on newspapers, nevertheless when will newspaper proprietors understand that if you employ an editor who quite clearly has an agenda who in turn employs journalists of a similar persuasion then sales will plummet. What they have done to the newspaper at Anderston Quay is nothing short of scandalous . Back in the day this newspaper employed giants of journalism Alex Cameron, Hugh Taylor,Kenny Gallacher now they employ hate filled midgets that have ruined a once great newspaper.

There is no doubt internet has had an enormous effect on newspapers, nevertheless when will newspaper proprietors understand that if you employ an editor who quite clearly has an agenda who in turn employs journalists of a similar persuasion then sales will plummet. What they have done to the newspaper at Anderston Quay is nothing short of scandalous . Back in the day this newspaper employed giants of journalism Alex Cameron, Hugh Taylor,Kenny Gallacher now they employ hate filled midgets that have ruined a once great newspaper.
This is of course the Daily Record

I opened it expecting it to be a bob Malcolm style FTP moment from Moore, demanding his Aussie side wear orange tops to remember King William.

Turns out the strips could have been tartan polka dots for all the relevance the colour had to the story.

There was a problem with the numbers peeling off. Headline nothing short of a disgrace.

Saw a headline printed in the Scotman about Craig Moore being sacked in a row about orange strips.
Thought Craig was maybe in trouble for being uber staunch and insisting his team wear orange strips.
Turns out the issue was team numbers were peeling off the orange strips and Craig as football director was getting the blame.
Talk about a misleading headline purposely trying to stir up the shit.
I really am getting old as I remember when the Scotsman was a respectable newspaper and not just another gutter level tabloid rag.

Read this.

Couldn’t believe they had the balls to bring in the ‘orange strips’.

Someone should get their fingers wrapped for obviously writing about something that had nothing to do with this sensational headline.

Pathetic beyond belief!

The stuff they allow on their on-line comments about us is horrendous. I don't think this goes unchecked, I just think they are fine with it.

Fuck them!
The comments section on the Scotsman football pages is a cesspit for deranged obsessives who have been posting the same shit about us literally day in and day out for years.

Read this.

Couldn’t believe they had the balls to bring in the ‘orange strips’.

Someone should get their fingers wrapped for obviously writing about something that had nothing to do with this sensational headline.

Pathetic beyond belief!

There is no story if it was just about orange strips.There is absolutely nothing sectarian about orange strips anymore than for any other colour strips. Dundee united wear orange strips even if they prefer to call it tangerine. Some people have an agenda when it comes to colours, for example celtic fans calling the tricolour flag green, white and gold, when in fact it is green, white and orange!:rolleyes:

W.A.T.P.

Back