Two wins in 8, our worst run since ?

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
It’s a question not a statement,

Had a quick look back, doesn’t seem McCoist, Warburton, Pedro/Murty, Gerrard, GvB or Beale went on such a poor run.

Anyone know or want to correct me.

93/94 was brutal. We beat Dundee Utd 2-1 in the league in early/mid April then didn’t win a league game for the rest of the season (3 defeats and 2 draws) … or the Scottish Cup final with back to back trebles on the line.

How we weren’t stopped that season still baffles me, still one of the strangest seasons I’ve experienced.

Hardly a fair comparison when 2 of the games in that 8 are against Benfica.

Have we never played them or any other European teams before

FYI we played Celtic away, Ajax away, Napoli home, Dundee United home, Hearts away, Liverpool away, St Mirren home and Liverpool home over an 8 game period and still won more games.

Had a quick look back, doesn’t seem McCoist, Warburton, Pedro/Murty, Gerrard, GvB or Beale went on such a poor run.

Why don't you just do your own research and find out for yourself? The only person that seems to care is you.

Would have taken as much time as creating and drafting your thread.

Maybe big Eck in the 05/06 season?
There is a period Nov- Dec during that season we went on a long streak of draws and losses which would cover 8 games. Some of them were in the champions league groups though so probably not a fair comparison.

Still think that is the strangest season of football we will have nearly getting to the quarters of the champions league and then finishing third in the league.

Well instead of having a quick look and posting for attention. Have a detailed look and come with all the facts and figures

Why don't you just do your own research and find out for yourself? The only person that seems to care is you.

Would have taken as much time as creating and drafting your thread.

maybe you could’ve just checked for me would’ve taken the same time as it did to reply to the thread

You obviously care enough to read and reply.

Maybe mcCoist never had a run like that.
He did lose 2-0 and 3-0 to QOTS in the same season, the same season we lost 3 league games to Hibs with a 9-1 aggregate score, and we were put out the challenge cup by Alloa, we also drew both league games at Ibrox against Alloa.
That's just the half of it from that 14/15 season.

Admin really should make up the one thread for everyone to moan in.

The negativity is beyond embarrassing. Broxi, Roxi and Boris Bear will be getting it next.

maybe you could’ve just checked for me would’ve taken the same time as it did to reply to the thread

You obviously care enough to read and reply.
You had the 8 game period in post #9 ready to go so you've obviously got access to the info so not sure why you felt it necessary to create the thread?

McCoist, Warburton and Pedro can be discounted on account of the fact they were only playing domestic football (well except that one time Pedro attempted it). Totally pointless adding them, unless it's for dramatic effect.

We know we're in dreadful form.

You had the 8 game period in post #9 ready to go so you've obviously got access to the info so not sure why you felt it necessary to create the thread?

What are you on about ? I asked the question because I didn’t know the answer.

But in amongst the dullards polluting the thread with sh!te I’ve now been pointed in the right direction.

Gives people a chance to create yet another thread to moan like daft wee lassies though.
League form has fallen off a cliff and the team looks like they've no idea how to change it.

1 win in 5
5 points from 15

Even taking the Old Firm out the equation, that's 1 win in 4, 4 points from 12. Six points dropped to bottom six teams.

One bad game is going to happen from time to time but good teams stop one bad game turning into a bad run.

Admin really should make up the one thread for everyone to moan in.

The negativity is beyond embarrassing. Broxi, Roxi and Boris Bear will be getting it next.

It's a collapse of monumental standards, dunno wtf you expect.. rainbows and unicorns?

League form alone, it's about on par with the usual season collapse.

18/19 - 5 wins in 10, post winter break
19/20 - 3 wins in 8, post winter break.
21/22 - 3 wins in 8, post winter break
22/23 - 12 points dropped from 15 games, pre-world cup break
23/24 - 1 win in 5.

Aye, the usual.

It's a collapse of monumental standards, dunno wtf you expect.. rainbows and unicorns?
People were writing the season off:

After the first game against Killie
Then against Celtic at Ibrox
Then when Beale got sacked.

Now those people who moaned then are now moaning again. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be angry with the performances, far from it. But in the last few days we've seen everyone get it in the neck and BS about us winning 55 because there was no fans is being brought up again.

We've run out of steam a bit because we're asking the same 20 players to play again and again with little rotation due to the injury situation. Then we moan when players perform poorly and their replacement may only be recovering from injury themselves also have a bad game.

93/94 was brutal. We beat Dundee Utd 2-1 in the league in early/mid April then didn’t win a league game for the rest of the season (3 defeats and 2 draws) … or the Scottish Cup final with back to back trebles on the line.

How we weren’t stopped that season still baffles me, still one of the strangest seasons I’ve experienced.
The closest modern comparison for those nit around back then is the Warburton Championship season.

We won 2 games from mid March that season, 3 if you count the semi final win vs them.

We were commonly shipping 3 goals a game and creating very little.

As far back as then we were reliant on Tav to do something special to win matches.

Was him that clinched the title in a 1-0 home win when the rest of our players were incapable.

Not far off a decade on and we have relied on Tav to win us a fucking cup final as the rest are incapable.

Woeful.

Back