Tyler Roberts

He looks a solid big lad who is good at holding the ball up. Something different from what we have.

Looks big and strong, something we have been lacking. SInce Warburton we seem to have too many players from the same mould. Always better when the games needs changing you can throw on a different option.

The new Dodoo

Really positive quote. Why bother trying at all? Just accept second is success eh? Or wait for some non-existent sugar Daddy to come along?

How about trying to contribute something positive? Any numpty can make endless negative comments. Don't need intelligence to do that.

WBA seem to have a few highly rated youngsters on their books that are out on loan at Championship clubs etc.

Think he would be a very good addition to the squad.

Really positive quote. Why bother trying at all? Just accept second is success eh? Or wait for some non-existent sugar Daddy to come along?

How about trying to contribute something positive? Any numpty can make endless negative comments. Don't need intelligence to do that.

Whether we like it or not, there are lots of similarities to the Dodoo deal.
  • Very few of us have heard of him
  • He's a young prospect
  • Likely to be cross border - so like JD, we pay a fraction of what English teams would pay
  • We've a very much hit or miss return in terms of our recent signings - lets hope hes more Morelos than Joe Dodoo
No need to get upset about a throw away comment. There's more important things to stress about.

Know nothing about him, so can only hope the homework has been done on him. If the deal gets done them good luck to the kid, he'll have my full support and I certainly won't be writing him off without seeing him kick a ball.

• He's a young prospect
  • Likely to be cross border - so like JD, we pay a fraction of what English teams would pay
  • We've a very much hit or miss return in terms of our recent signings - lets hope hes more Morelos than Joe Dodoo
No need to get upset about a throw away comment. There's more important things to stress about.

It's not really. If you're going to compare it should be as footballers, not in the construction of the deal. Given that, what are Roberts strengths and weaknesses?

Hopefully we have done our research and he has the right mentality to be a success with us, I don’t think there is much doubt about his ability and potential.

It is the mentality that Dodoo is lacking

• He's a young prospect

They only thing similar is they are coming to scotland. Absolutely pathetic post from a “Rangers” supporter.

Reserve your judgement if it’s that of a child, unless you genuinely are a child then fair enough my bad.

Like the way the club are playing their cards,glad to hear 2 forwards coming in that's what we're needing and we are starting to build a half decent team,just hope we can tie Tav and Windass to new deals. Mon the Rangers!

The highlights reels of him seem to confirm he’s comfortable on the ball which is always a positive.

Unlike some other forwards we have such as Dodoo and MOH.

Another low risk sensible deal. Get it done I say

• He's a young prospect
Why, though, does the throw away comment need to be so disparaging?
That’s the frustration, bud.

Like the way the club are playing their cards,glad to hear 2 forwards coming in that's what we're needing and we are starting to build a half decent team,just hope we can tie Tav and Windass to new deals. Mon the Rangers!
I can’t believe I find myself actually agreeing with this.
Six weeks ago I’d have driven him to to his new club myself.

I’m sure the poster confirmed he said it tongue in cheek.

Lighten up FFS.
Poster only said what others were thinking. We haven't exactly had a lot of success with that model so far with Dodoo, Rossiter, Crooks all falling short (so far). Windass might come good.

Still it's still a worthwhile approach and surely our luck will improve.

The poster was certainly getting it tight even though he'd apologised.

We haven't exactly had a lot of success with that model so far with Dodoo, Rossiter, Crooks all falling short (so far). Windass might come good..

We could have sold windass last week for 500k when we paid what for him? some will work some wont that is the nature of the game

We could have sold windass last week for 500k when we paid what for him? some will work some wont that is the nature of the game
Windass has improved this season. I would hold onto him and if he continues to improve we will make a tidy profit if or when we do sell.

Lighten up FFS.
I’ve got a decent sense of humour, bud.
However, I just don’t get the mindset that the first thought is to berate a Rangers player or a potential Rangers player based on exactly no information whatsoever.
What if this were a septic supporter saying this?
Which they do with all our players.
Just the craic, a light hearted joke, or a scumbag slagging us off?
I’ll be making no apologies for sticking up for the club and protecting our own.
This isn’t about being critical of a player having seen him play, not fancying him and forming and expressing an opinion.

I’ve got a decent sense of humour, bud.
However, I just don’t get the mindset that the first thought is to berate a Rangers player or a potential Rangers player based on exactly no information whatsoever.
What if this were a septic supporter saying this?
Which they do with all our players.
Just the craic, a light hearted joke, or a scumbag slagging us off?
I’ll be making no apologies for sticking up for the club and protecting our own.
This isn’t about being critical of a player having seen him play, not fancying him and forming and expressing an opinion.

Berate a player???? :eek:

Jesus Christ!

Never mind mate, I think we’ll just leave it at that!

Lighten up FFS.

Said it was tongue and cheek, followed up by a list of reasons why his original post wasn't tongue and cheek.

The folk that need to lighten up are those writing off players before a ball is kicked.

Said it was tongue and cheek, followed up by a list of reasons why his original post wasn't tongue and cheek.

The folk that need to lighten up are those writing off players before a ball is kicked.

I’ve not written anyone off mate. Just merely stating the sensitivity of some people over no big deal! However since your on topic, we can’t bum players up without seeing them play either.

Let’s trust GM’s and MA’s judgement and see what Tyler offers in a rangers strip (if he joins).

Poster only said what others were thinking. We haven't exactly had a lot of success with that model so far with Dodoo, Rossiter, Crooks all falling short (so far). Windass might come good.

Still it's still a worthwhile approach and surely our luck will improve.

The poster was certainly getting it tight even though he'd apologised.

Rossiter still has a chance. Crooks was never really given one.

But if we sold Windass for his actual market value, he'd cover all four with some cash to spare.

So as you say, it's definitely worthwhile.

Back