UEFA Aplogise To Rangers Fans

From the other side of the catering stand.I cadged a lift to the airport after the match with a Spanish man who had been waiting to pick up his daughter and her friend who were working in La Cartuja catering bars.I was a bit wary of what answer I might get,let's be honest bar staff usually have to put up with a lot,but I asked her what the fans were like and how they had treated her.She told me that the fans were great,really friendly and that Rangers were now here second team.She also gave me an omelette roll for free which was obsolutely minging.

Never seen that area but not surprising when people were kettled 100 yards from the stadium. That’s where rangers staff should have been on standby to say where these things were. I might be being harsh on the SLO and the rest of the rangers security staff but I really don’t see what they did the week before on the reccy of the stadium to assist what would have to the fans on the night.

Never seen it either so don’t actually know if there was anything but just what he was told.

And power banks, make up & make up brushes, sun cream and hairbrushes the very heavy handed police made us throw away last night, will we get an apology, tbh we really should be compensated.
I suspect a lot of second hand power banks will be on Spanish eBay just now
Strange thing to pick on.

So it was the Frankfurt fans who assaulted the kiosk staff? Not very clear from the BBC article which has “Rangers fans” in the heading. This type of reporting is to be expected from BBC Scotland.
So Frankfurt fans, not Rangers fans as the article headline suggests. Also the taps were not working after the match as my dad went in to try.
To be fair, I was referring to the quote from Sevilla in your post. I didn’t even read the bbc article, and rarely read their skewed point of view.

Inside the stadium was absolutely boiling , fans buying 5 & 6 bottles at a time - leaving nothing for others.

The water in the taps in the toilets ran out as well , leaving nothing to cool you down.
Tap water doesn’t usually run out, it’s a near endless supply, unless of course someone cuts it off.

Seen this post on the Frankfurt forum, similar experience at their end. UEFA are scum, happily fine clubs for shite like throwing paper on the pitch but can put fans health & safety at risk without consequence.

Organization in Seville stadium a cheek. I was just about to escalate there. They threw everything in the bin that wasn't nailed down and nailed down. Luckily they only took my little lighter away from me.
In contrast, our organization in the Waldstadion is a dream.

Almost died of thirst in the stadium. There was probably nothing left or UEFA wanted to punish us because we made their UEFA advertising somewhat invisible. To me, that's attempted assault, what happened. I'm curious to see what UEFA's excuse is.

My buddy and I were at the top of the South Stand at one corner of the big screen. Sheet metal behind us, which sounded nice when someone hit it with their hands.
Normally I'm completely standing while I'm in the stadium. This time I had to sit down every now and then for 2-3 minutes. Without liquid, it was almost unbearable. My buddy then found an empty bottle and an empty cup and filled them with the great chlorine water at the faucet in the toilet room. I was about to throw up when I took the first sip but better that stuff than falling over dehydrated. Others weren't so lucky. The police partially closed the toilet rooms and then there was nothing at all. I have no idea what they were thinking.
With a dry throat, the voice was always gone quickly, but behind us there was the sheet metal........

After the game, a total headache and slightly nauseous (probable heat stroke?).

Then got cold beer in a bar. After that it was better again.

Last edited:
The admin and Logistics were nothing short of disgraceful. No more finals for Seville....or that stadium in particular.

Whoever project managed the event is the laziest and most unprofessional clown in Europe.

We were in the top tier of the stand across from the main stand and waited over an hour and a half in a queue, pre-match for water and something to drink and eat. By the time we got to the front, there was no water, or soft drinks left. We have up. Had to soak my head in water in the toilets and drink from the tap.

IMG-20220518-192315.jpg
[/url]
This was the concourse for access to the top tier F41 where I was. There were only 2 kiosks open out of four possibly five available. One had our fans queuing (pictured above) the other further down the concourse had the Frankfurt fans queuing. Our fans as you can see were calm, patient and well behaved. All the ingredients were there for some serious bother but I witnessed none. Both sets of fans should be complimented.
The statements from UEFA and now Seville are clear attempts to deflect their responsibility in the debacle onto the Fans of both Clubs. Not long now until the media in this Country ably assisted by the mentally challenged paint us as the aggressors and 100% to blame for the shambles.

Rangers and Frankfurt need to team up and go after Uefa. This could have had a tragic outcome.
Exactly, if it was just us it'd get swept under the carpet. The german press running with it will make a difference.

Last edited:
UEFA are corrupt - crazy to hold it in Seville and treat people like animals. Joke of an organisation that get away with anything they want.

We should team up with Frankfurt fans and take out a class action case against UEFA.
Is that even possible?

Cost of powerbanks/ AirPods, being denied medicine/sunscreen and the physical and emotional distress are all completely out of order.

Latest posts

Back