UEFA Ethics and Disciplinary investigation - Rangers v Slavia Prague

rangeral

This was posted on UEFA's disciplinary page last Friday

In accordance with the Article 31(4) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, an Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector will conduct an investigation regarding the incidents that occurred during the 2020/21 UEFA Europa League Round of 16 second leg match between Rangers FC and SK Slavia Praha on 18 March 2021.

Information on this matter will be made available in due course.

In accordance with the Article 31(4) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, an Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector will conduct an investigation regarding the incidents that occurred during the 2020/21 UEFA Europa League Round of 16 second leg match between Rangers FC and SK Slavia Praha on 18 March 2021.

You just know that EUFA are gona do absolutely nothing about this and we’ll cop a fine or worse

Needs to be a lengthy ban for Slavia and the player. I wouldn't normally hold out much hope for that but surely they will act with the intense spotlight on them just now. I'm hoping sponsors are watching closely as well to put even more pressure on UEFA to act.

Needs to be a lengthy ban for Slavia and the player. I wouldn't normally hold out much hope for that but surely they will act with the intense spotlight on them just now. I'm hoping sponsors are watching closely as well to put even more pressure on UEFA to act.
There is absolutely nothing to suggest they will take the appropriate action.

We will end up drawing Slavia again in the CL qualifiers next season.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest they will take the appropriate action.

We will end up drawing Slavia again in the CL qualifiers next season.

Hopefully as we'd beat them imo. I thought they were some way behind Benfica, Porto, Feyenoord, Galatasary tbh.

We were missing a huge part of our system in Tav and straight off the back of a huge emotional high in clinching 55 and yet the tie was still on the edge until 2 red cards.

Nothing to fear there at all.

Im honestly expecting us to be booted out of Europe next season. UEFA, without any hint of irony, will talk of respect in the game and the issues after FT.
They will fudge the racist remarks and slap a fine on Slavia
Them we take them to court which gets Scotland banned from international and European football but we get to call them out.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body​

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body

39 comments

NEIL DONCASTER has been appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body.
The SPFL chief executive will now represent Scottish football at the European top table.

Hopefully as we'd beat them imo. I thought they were some way behind Benfica, Porto, Feyenoord, Galatasary tbh.

We were missing a huge part of our system in Tav and straight off the back of a huge emotional high in clinching 55 and yet the tie was still on the edge until 2 red cards.

Nothing to fear there at all.
That’s the best team we’ve faced under Gerrard’s tenure.

A lot of people just look at the name and it’s not up there with a Galatasaray, Benfica, Feyenoord or a Porto and write them off.

Fact is they are a better team than a lot of people give them credit for. The results against Leicester were no fluke.

These idiots lied that their player was physically attacked in front of both the UEFA match delegate and Gerrard. Slavia should be thrown out of the EL.

Sadly I think the racism case will be cleared as unproven. As much as it's clear to most that something serious must have been said it looks like it's going to come down to Kamara (and maybe Zungu) saying one thing and the Slavia player saying something else which might not be enough to prove anything which will lead to a reprieve for the defendant.

Think the best hopes lie with a Slavia player having heard it and backing Kamara up and I don't know if any were within earshot or whether they would have the integrity to do the right thing in that situation.

If this is the case it's a horrible outcome for Kamara and everyone else as probably the worst thing that will happen to him in his career and no action taken that would be seen as a fitting punishment.

If the assault claims are proved to have no basis whatsoever then I seriously hope the player and club pushforward with legal action against whoever made the claims

Sadly I think the racism case will be cleared as unproven. As much as it's clear to most that something serious must have been said it looks like it's going to come down to Kamara (and maybe Zungu) saying one thing and the Slavia player saying something else which might not be enough to prove anything which will lead to a reprieve for the defendant.

Think the best hopes lie with a Slavia player having heard it and backing Kamara up and I don't know if any were within earshot or whether they would have the integrity to do the right thing in that situation.

If this is the case it's a horrible outcome for Kamara and everyone else as probably the worst thing that will happen to him in his career and no action taken that would be seen as a fitting punishment.

If the assault claims are proved to have no basis whatsoever then I seriously hope the player and club pushforward with legal action against whoever made the claims
It has been corroborated already by Zungu mate

List of all members.

We'll get fined for failing to control our players, especially in light of Goldson's comments about waiting in the tunnel, as well as keeping Slavia on the field. Our fine will likely be greater than Slavia's.

List of all members.

Bobby Barnes any relation to John?

Notice that the investigation is for events during the game, no mention of investigating anything after the game.

Hope they throw the book at them, can't see it though

Oh, great.

Guess that's just Doncaster sitting in a room trying to figure out how much he wants to fine us for "bringing the game into disrepute" whilst giving Slavia a Fair Play award.

I reckon we will be hammered for the stuff that is alleged in tunnel and failing to let them into changing area .massive fine i think .what they do regards the racial stuff god knows

That’s the best team we’ve faced under Gerrard’s tenure.

A lot of people just look at the name and it’s not up there with a Galatasaray, Benfica, Feyenoord or a Porto and write them off.

Fact is they are a better team than a lot of people give them credit for. The results against Leicester were no fluke.
Slavia are a good side but they're not better than Benfica, Porto, Villarreal, Leverkusen etc.

I reckon we will be hammered for the stuff that is alleged in tunnel and failing to let them into changing area .massive fine i think .what they do regards the racial stuff god knows
As far as I can work out the players waited for the Slavia players in the tunnel but the Slavia players were kept on the pitch. Everything else is just complete lies made up by Slavia’s crazy president to try and deflect from the racism

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body​

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body

39 comments

NEIL DONCASTER has been appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body.
The SPFL chief executive will now represent Scottish football at the European top table.
So, have the SPFL came out in support of Glen Kamara? And is Doncaster allowed to sit in judgement of a team in his own league?

As far as I can work out the players waited for the Slavia players in the tunnel but the Slavia players were kept on the pitch. Everything else is just complete lies made up by Slavia’s crazy president to try and deflect from the racism
The Slavia manager has repeated the exact same allegations again at the weekend.

You just know that EUFA are gona do absolutely nothing about this and we’ll cop a fine or worse
Ordinarily I would agree that UEFA will do nothing but in this case the amount of high profile publicity around the case will hopefully force them to act on the racism aspect. The amount of flak they would face if they simply try to wash they hands would be massive.

Slavia are a good side but they're not better than Benfica, Porto, Villarreal, Leverkusen etc.
Forgot about Leverkusen. Would agree on that one.

I can only judge off the games I saw versus the teams mentioned. Slavia for me was the hardest of all the above teams mentioned. (Barring Leverkusen)

I’ll go against the grain here and say that while I don’t believe that Slavia will be banned from Europe, there’s enough worldwide publicity about this now - and it’s going legal - that UEFA, if they value their credibility at all - won’t want to whitewash a fudge.

With racism being a global agenda, even more so now. It would be a spectacular own goal for them if they fail to do their duty on grounds of reasonable doubt regards Kudela. What’s more open for debate is what is in the UEFA match delegate report regards alleged assaults etc.

This mob can't be trusted to be fair. We will get the more severe punishment just because of the red and yellow cards. A not proven verdict for the racism will be the likely outcome.

Rangers got a fine off UEFA earlier in the season because the game didn't kick off on time. Is that not the job of the ref to ensure that?

So do not hold out any hope that the Slavia Prague player is going to be found guilty and punished. that is too much like hard work for this mob. They will want to dish out fines, so they can all get their wee brown envelopes.

Forgot about Leverkusen. Would agree on that one.

I can only judge off the games I saw versus the teams mentioned. Slavia for me was the hardest of all the above teams mentioned. (Barring Leverkusen)
Slavia are a mixture of being a very decent side while also not being from a supposedly bigger league than us, which means they treated the tie seriously and got their preparation against us spot on.

Few people outwith Scotland care about this.
Now if this was a Bayern player, or Real, or Barcelona it would be taken more seriously.According to a Sky reporter on Friday UEFA were more concerned about the alleged tunnel incident, which would not surprise me one bit!
The discussion on racism is one they don’t want to go anywhere near.
What’s the expression...’not fit for purpose’!

Both clubs will be fined, Slavia players will have to hold up “No To Racism” banners before kicking off vs Arsenal...

and that will be that.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body

39 comments

How ironic given how unethical he is

Back