UEFA Formally Postpone Champions League and Europa League Finals

Is nobody else noticing the strange monstrosity of a trophy to the right of the Champions League trophy?? I'm sure I'd have read that the UEFA Cup/Europa League trophy was changing, that can only be a new Euros trophy, surely??

Edit: On further research, it is the Woman's Champions League trophy. School day every day...

So when we getting the trophy ?
If we use the seville calculator its outs innit ? I mean fairs fair..

I know that they all need t make it look like they want to finish the season, but there ain't a hope in hell for the next 3 months at least

The fact that these tournaments haven’t been cancelled just like many other major sporting events is an absolute disgrace. Scared of losing money whilst thousands die.
Cancel the feckin thing

Its only a matter of time before it all gets cancelled, theres no quick way out of this and no safe way out for at least a year or more...

I wouldn’t be so sure . There will be massive pressure to finish the season behind closed doors in may / June
Why do you refuse to listen to your elders and those that are more intelligent than you?

NO CLOSED DOOR GAMES WILL TAKE PLACE. OK?

You seem to want players to die before you'll listen.... not unlike the mendicants.

We‘ll still be worrying about this in 6 months time so no way are these tournaments being completed. UEFA and other football associations are kidding themselves currently.

And for the next few months no one will give a flying f*** about football anyway. More important things to be concerned about. Entire season has to be null and void, no question.

So these are now officially void?

Surely not with all the games played so far, can’t they just pick the winners...

They had the chance last Tuesday to null and void the season but didn't and instead said they would try and compete 2019/20 season European wide

Agreement was made by UEFA, ECA, European Leagues and FIFPro

Doesn't matter when each League/Competition is due to finish all it is now is suspended in each such League/Competition
What??

It’s clearly not a priority but anytime we are asked by the media about the current situation instead of saying let’s wait and see we should be repeating the mantra, “the season ends April 5th, sporting integrity demands it, a precedent was set in 2008

The benefit domestically is self evident, but I wonder what happens if UEFA cancels the EL? Would every team left in the competition share the prize money equally? (Same with coefficient points). There could be a Ice little earner awaiting a legal challenge. It could be argued our Europa League jaunts weakened our domestic challenge

Last edited:
There will be no more fitba in 2020 IMO.

I think you'll be surprised how quickly things will return to normal after the govt. ends this "lockdown", which may last as little as 6 weeks. Once that happens football authorities will pounce to try and get this season completed asap so that there will be as little impact as possible on next seasons calendar.

I would not be surprised if we complete this seasons remains league fixtures in June.

Why do you refuse to listen to your elders and those that are more intelligent than you?

NO CLOSED DOOR GAMES WILL TAKE PLACE. OK?

You seem to want players to die before you'll listen.... not unlike the mendicants.

calm down ffs I think the self isolation has went to your head . It’s an opinion that one way or another the fixtures will be played before the new season starts in 5 months . Who are these elders btw ?

Last edited:
Best case scenario is we can start season 2020 on time.

If anyone in a power of position at the top of the game had any common sense they would declare season incomplete/ null void etc and start working on priorities of how cash will be split , the plan for Europe competition next year, helping teams who will be close to going under.

No one will get anything yet neither competition has been cancelled

All UEFA have done is postponed the Finals in each competition that were due to take place in May , new dates if they can be found will be announced in due course

Its like the US elections - Candidates never end campaigns they just "suspend" them, it means they don't have to give back the donations they were given etc.

They need to release some monies to clubs that played in their various tournament's, obviously full payments for winners, runners up will need to be paid later.

I think you'll be surprised how quickly things will return to normal after the govt. ends this "lockdown", which may last as little as 6 weeks. Once that happens football authorities will pounce to try and get this season completed asap so that there will be as little impact as possible on next seasons calendar.

I would not be surprised if we complete this seasons remains league fixtures in June.

I honestly don't see that happening. The virus is going to be with us for a helluva lot longer than June.

And I want a 12 inch dick but it's not happening
The people of Japan will not want a bunch of imported cases kicking off the whole crisis again
No one will want to go watch it
The Games are an irrelevance
Would you swap a packet of bog rolls for the 12 incher?
Asking for a friend.

I honestly don't see that happening. The virus is going to be with us for a helluva lot longer than June.

I hope you are right but nothing would surprise me.

Already seen on some web sites this morning predicting that the current UK lockdown could have the virus beaten by beginning of May and normal life resume shortly afterwards. Football authorities , esp in Scotland with our clubs in dire financial straits, would pounce on that scenario to get this season completed.

Cannot see the above happening, think this crisis will last all summer long.

Last edited:
I hope you are right but nothing would surprise me.

Already seen on some web sites this morning predicting that the current UK lockdown could have the virus beat by beginning of May and normal life resume shortly afterwards. Football authorities , esp in Scotland with our clubs in dire financial straits, would pounce on that scenario to get this season completed.

Cannot see the above happening, think this crisis will last all summer long.

The people who believe that are in dreamland, and may I say, being highly irresponsible.
We have enough idiots going about treating this like a bout of flu without websites encouraging them.

As I said they had the chance to do last week - null and void but never

2019/20 season is still operational but currently suspended European wide - except the Highland League to voted to end the season now could there be other league like it that took the same option?

Last edited:
No chance it can be carried on .

null and void .

I don’t even think we will see domestic football start when it’s meant to .

Back