UEFA Most Successful Teams In Last 5 Years

Scrubs UK

FUjxOCdWAAMQm46

Where is this from, what years are used? Are you sure it isn't 4 years and starting from 22/23?

Club coefficient points are calculated differently and for that one we are 28th for the last 4 years, 19th for the last 3, 14th for the last 2 and 16th last season.

Total culture change within our club & support now.

For years when we were romping the league Europe was treated as a side show.

Wee bit of success in it and all of a sudden we're loving it. Needs to be a huge priority from now on. It's actually a bit weird how little we cared before when you think about it.

Where is this from, what years are used? Are you sure it isn't 4 years and starting from 22/23?

Club coefficient points are calculated differently and for that one we are 28th for the last 4 years, 19th for the last 3, 14th for the last 2 and 16th last season.

Think this has divided the club coefficient by the amount of teams that each country has had in Europe in that season. Hence why we’ve jumped up above several English teams who in some year will have had 7 teams while we only had 4.

Think this has divided the club coefficient by the amount of teams that each country has had in Europe in that season. Hence why we’ve jumped up above several English teams who in some year will have had 7 teams while we only had 4.
Yeh I think you've cracked it. The last couple of seasons our points have been divided by 5 but before that it was 4 and 3. So we were able to rack up a v high total for country before it was more diluted.

Total culture change within our club & support now.

For years when we were romping the league Europe was treated as a side show.

Wee bit of success in it and all of a sudden we're loving it. Needs to be a huge priority from now on. It's actually a bit weird how little we cared before when you think about it.
Tbh
I don't think it was ever considered a sideshow

we went for it in Europe big time under Walter and Dick ,backed by Murray's money ( well we thought it was his ),sadly we just weren't good enough most of the time.

The last four seasons is definitely the most consistent I've seen Rangers in Europe in my lifetime though .

Last edited:
Yeh I think you've cracked it. The last couple of seasons our points have been divided by 5 but before that it was 4 and 3. So we were able to rack up a v high total for country before it was more diluted.

Don’t worry, the MSSM will be along in a minute to tell the world these tables are meaningless and the only true measure of greatness is the number of Japanese players you have on the books.

Last edited:
This makes an absolute nonsense of the "competition" angle of UEFA's drive to make the CL a closed shop to the big five leagues.

Four of the top ten, and eight of the top twenty, are clubs outside of the big five leagues.

If that many clubs are beating the financial odds, the idea of being cannon-fodder is shown to be nonsensical. Those clubs benefit from the seeding arrangements also. Take that away from them and see how many well-managed sides can be contenders at the pointy end of European competition.

Exactly as a club where we should aiming. There’s no reason why we can’t compete after Christmas especially in the Europa League and Conference League. Unfortunately the Champions League is a closed shop for big clubs from small countries. The Champions League should just change its name to the European Super League as that is exactly what it is.

Surprised Real Madrid are behind red star.

In the last 5 years they have won the champions league twice, one semi final and 2 last 16s
How did the rest of the Spanish teams get on?, Post #20 explained the table, and on another note how did the other Scottish teams get on?

From Scottish div 3 to top 10 in any European list is incredible!
This is the model that Mr. King and the 3 Bears wanted when they fought off the spivs. A modern club buying potential, nurturing it, and then sell high. Whilst fighting for trophies and European comps after Christmas. Now we aim for Europe after Easter!
Congratulations to all at the club.

Yeah that sounds totally right. I thought it was bullshit cause RM winning the CL so much but your thought process sounds spot on

That really is something to be proud of.

When you think of the money that Manchester United have thrown at their squad over the period, to be ranked a bit above them says a lot for our coaches & players over the period.

Also, if it is accumulating country coefficient points does that not include the points for qualifiers?

I think these are reset in the club coefficient if you make the group stages so you don't go getting more points than the rich clubs who run UEFA when they parachute in directly.

Back