UFA potentially forfeiting Rangers tie due to Visa issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
that clears that up then :D
UFA.gif

Don't know about that...Russian media is not exactly a reliable source. :D
Neither is ours. A bigger bunch of bullshitters you could find recently. Still, as long as they're happy writing about wrecked sandcastles and cancelled birthday parties who are we to complain. :D

Edit: When I said Russians I meant Ufa rather than the Russian press.

Latest from Russia media is that UFA are confident they paperwork will be in hand tomorrow to allow them to travel. But still not confirmed it 100% will be. And that the Team will spend the night in a Russian hotel ready to fly if the paperwork does go through.

This still a thing?

Rangers SLO said on twitter earlier that Rangers weren't aware of any issues. I would think Rangers would be notified if it was in any way likely.

Presumably they'd have applied for visas once the draw was made in case they got through
They couldn't. After the draw was made on the 6th they wouldnt have enough time to apply to add both Slovenian and UK visas to their passports as they would require their passports for travel to Luxembourg on the 16th. Their first opportunity to do this was when they returned from Luxembourg. By then they would know they only required a UK visa.

They couldn't. After the draw was made on the 6th they wouldnt have enough time to apply to add both Slovenian and UK visas to their passports as they would require their passports for travel to Luxembourg on the 16th. Their first opportunity to do this was when they returned from Luxembourg. By then they would know they only required a UK visa.
You can have two passports, I used to have this for when I travelled with work so don't see this as an issue.

They were probably banking on them beating Progres and Maribor turning us over. They already had schengen visas for Lux which would have covered Slovenia too. Caught out at the last minute.

You CAN obviously have 2 passports and I'm sure our players will have, but I'm more than positive that as this was their first ever season in Europe, they won't be accustomed to the nuances of international air travel, ha - I'm betting they'll only have 1 passport each.

You can have two passports, I used to have this for when I travelled with work so don't see this as an issue.
Correct. I also have two for work because a visa I have in one restricts me from travelling to some countries. However I'm sure you'd agree not a lot of people have two and I would doubt if most of the Ufa team and management would have two. So the problem of providing passports for the Visas would probably exist.

Correct. I also have two for work because a visa I have in one restricts me from travelling to some countries. However I'm sure you'd agree not a lot of people have two and I would doubt if most of the Ufa team and management would have two. So the problem of providing passports for the Visas would probably exist.
I hope you are right if we could get a bye all the better.

The papers this morning were quite clear. An accelerated visa takes 5 days, One of their cyclists didn't get to come to Glasgow for the European championships - and that was just one who must have applied even earlier - not a whole team squad plus officials.

They said they were going to start their application today.

And, of course, we believe every word in the papers. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back