Ugo Ehiogu - 1972-2017

There was a segment on the Premier League World show on Sky last night about him but I only caught the very end of it. I think it was something to do with defibrillators.

Was at work “that day” hiding from the gaffer with an old black and white portable telly we pulled out for such occasions.

When Ugo pulled that off I gave my position away :))

Solid player, great attitude. Very good servant of our club. Will always be fond of the big man!

RIP

He became a Trustee of a wee mental health charity I set up in London. An absolute gentleman who gave us hours of his time for free . Still can't believe what happened, he was as fit as a fiddle. We'd meet for lunch he would be on the salads or superfoods , I'd be eyeing up the burgers. Missed by so many people #RIP big man

Mate worked for the SFA in a pretty senior position to do with the team. He said that Gough told him that Ehiogu couldn't believe the noise so few fans could make.

Rip big man, you will always be remembered by the Rangers support.

On the video "Rangers looking for an unlikely breakthrough" :))

One of the last things he done before his tragic death was give a homeless girl a tenner, says a lot about the guy, when you have nothing, £10 can be quite a lot.

I loved that goal!

May he rest in peace.

Too short a spell he had with us. Had he longer, I'm sure he could've become a Rangers great. Let us always remember that in a time of great tumult, he was one of the very first that Sir Walter Smith turned to. A player that suited the club and vice versa.

The first black player ever to captain an England team in a competitive match when he captained the U21s - a real trailblazer.

Taken far, far too soon. By all accounts a very promising coach as well as an absolute gentleman and ambassador of the game.

Deeply missed. Rip Ugo.

I was in Gabriel's pub watching this with my old man... I must've knocked over about 5 pints no fcuks were given... GBNF BIG UGO

5 years gone but not forgotten. For any bears in London Ugo is at rest at highgate in Camden. I will be there on Sunday to pay respect

Back