Underrated moment from today

Closed him down faster than an A.I defender does in fifa.
Was like the wee man was on a scooter.

He also sold Broon a dummy mid 2nd half to put Alfie thru but got caught offside. Broon had to come back in thru the turnstiles. He should have stayed outside as he was hooked and humbled about 5 mins later - destroyed by the older man

Couple of minutes before half time. 36 year old Steven Davis.

Sees Goldson in trouble and you can just see the sheer desire of a lifelong Rangers supporter that "these bastards aren't fucking scoring here". In an end of season dead rubber.

I just absolutely love this wee guy.

Fucking hell man bursting up the field there like a drugged to the eyeballs Ben Johnson! :D

• Haha
Reactions: TN8
Firstly, I never knew he had that pace in him. That was rapid by any terms.

Secondly, the mention of the time in the OP is very wise. Two minutes before half-time, his mind could have been on tea and bikkies but he was clearly still switched on.

Thirdly, I confess I've never been a fan of players returning to a club at the end of their career. Davis and McGregor, though, have both proven to be better now than they were when they left. Both have probably had their best seasons ever.

That should be shown to every young kid in the academy. You can have all the ability in the world but to play for this club you have to have the desire to be the best. That highlights why we are champions, players who won’t allow anyone an easy route to our goal. Then you have Kristopher Ajer ducking a shot on goal and you see why the difference is 23 points.

I'm about the same age age Davis and as an average Joe my fitness has deteriorated over the past 5 years.

Now I fully appreciate how athletes in their mid 30s keep themselves in such prime physical condition!

I never knew he had that burst of pace on him because he rarely needs to use it.

Appreciate the clip OP, but that wasn't an underrated moment for me. It was a key incident. Edouard destroyed Simpson and he was lucky Davis was there to bail him out.

Absolute p!sh, they are two on one with Simpson, watch it again, Simpson stays on his feet unlike Goldson had done earlier in the move giving Davis the time to get back.

A moment that wasn't mentioned at all was a sublime first touch by aribo in the far corner in the second half he brought it down beautifully keeping the ball in play but yet they creamed themselves over a first touch of edouard instead of course.

That should be shown to every young kid in the academy. You can have all the ability in the world but to play for this club you have to have the desire to be the best. That highlights why we are champions, players who won’t allow anyone an easy route to our goal. Then you have Kristopher Ajer ducking a shot on goal and you see why the difference is 23 points.

Was going to post this, show to every player never mind the Academy boys!

He tells Goldson, leave that to me son as he sprints past him. To watch that you would think it was Goldson in his late 30s.

I would go as far as saying that his reading of the game is his now top attribute and I can’t think of a Rangers midfielder in the last 20 years who can read a game of football as well as he can.

That tackle epitomises the man and his attitude. Superb. That desire is what wins trophies.

He is a hard act to follow. Good luck to Ross Wilson finding that depth of character and skill.

Outstanding commitment. He’s almost at the half way line when he notices Goldson in trouble. So many modern players would “jog” back at this point...unbelievable pace and commitment to get back and make that tackle.

Couple of minutes before half time. 36 year old Steven Davis.

Sees Goldson in trouble and you can just see the sheer desire of a lifelong Rangers supporter that "these bastards aren't fucking scoring here". In an end of season dead rubber.

I just absolutely love this wee guy.

I watched the extended highlights clip this morning and noticed the exact same. Davis zipping past Goldson to get back. Shoves Simpson out of the way who got turned a bit. Glad the clip was shared now.

George Best?
I include Best. Some might say a year or two of Best is worth twenty of any other player. I can understand this argument but for what Steven Davis has contributed at his various clubs and at international level , I have no hesitation in saying he is the greatest Ulsterman.
Let's not forget Best couldn't be bothered turning up for his country at times. Davis has never turned his back even at the worst of times for NI.

Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a 100% committed professional. Superb work ethic and somehow, at his age, the speed and stamina to get the job done. :))

Absolutely superb, should be shown to all our youngsters at Auchenhowie.

he has been sensational all season - he makes it look so easy and always appears to have time on the ball - the sign of a proper player.

every week i change my POTY from Tav / Goldson and Davis but really leaning towards Davo now.

Davis is playing like a 26 year old, he has better stamina and acceleration than their wonder boy Turnbull who is almost young enough to be Davis’ boy haha!!

Brown and Davis are the same age...One is playing in the Champions League next season the other will be eating kebabs on Union Street!!

Davis and McGregor are looking good for at least another two seasons based on this year.

Makes the tackle and gets up as if it was nothing. Other players would be roaring at anyone around him.

It was an outstanding tackle, didnt realise at the time the run he made to get it.

He senses danger better than spiderman!
Absolutely right mate during the game I didn’t appreciate the extent of the covering run that Davis made. That’s the attitude and commitment he brings to our team and I hope the coaching staff use him as an example of what we require from every member of the squad.

Back