Union Bears Have Two Choices – Lead Or Die

I'll hand back by season ticket then, as I don't sing at games? I'm an introvert and suffer from a terrible lack of confidence but being amongst like minded Rangers fans gives me a sense of belonging.

The UB guide the larger support but can't be fully blamed for everyone. There are still people around me signing about the pope and 19th Century Terrorist bastards at every home game. The game against the Danes at Ibrox was a breath of fresh air, right up until the 64th minute when at that moment the UB did drop the f-bomb, a shame but to be honest if words hurt so much then maybe ALL football fans should just shut up to stop offending the easily offended.

Let us be honest, we as a support can end this but as we may or may not know, there is sinister work at play and they'd probably turn on something else we sing.

I hear you but why mention a problem specific to you that doesnt affect 99% of fans?

If Rangers offered free burgers and cokes to all fans we'd have someone complaining that they're on a diet. The club cant cater for everyone's individual foibles.

I think the UB's do a tremendous job. I also think they're being thrown under the bus here. But unfortunately there's no way out now. They have to put the club first and lead by example. The scrutiny they;'ll be under now will be magnified. I feel for them.

The club aren't going to fight this no matter how much we debate the word 19th Century Terrorist or whatever as at the end of the day they are a business, they need to make money. I just hope UEFA addresses the racism spewed across Europe with the same fervour.

FARE reported TBB as coming from BF1.

I watched the first 10 minutes again on RTV and it comes from that section on 8 minutes I think but it was very quiet and lasted only a few seconds. I sit in the Govan rear and couldn’t remember it.

It shouldn’t have been sung at a European game but make no mistake you would have to be looking and listening intently to do us for that.

We’ve been stitched up but we have to collectively leave out the F word and references to the pope. We’ve all sang the songs but it has to stop now we will only lose this battle.

W
So by your own admission that means 30% of the songs they sing have nothing to do with Rangers. The songs should be 100% about Rangers.

Don’t get me wrong I love the atmosphere the UB bring to Ibrox and dread to think what the place would be like without them, but it’s now time they dropped singing fūck the IRA, singing about 19th Century Terrorist bastards and Bobby Sands etc.

Incidentally how can you tell from watching a game on TV what part of the stadium a song breaks out?
we will never have a 100% songs about just rangers we never have and we never will that is reality.now imho what we have to do is cut out ftp and any song with 19th Century Terrorist in it in particular the billy boys and super rangers.no other song we sing at games are sectarian.after the billy boys the moist rousing song that gets the whole stadium rocking is Derrys walls so do you suggest we stop singing that as well.

Has anyone else thought that isn’t just the Billy Boys it’s even people shouting sectarian abuse such as “19th Century Terrorist”, “mentally challenged”, “poet” etc? I assume the vast majority of supporters are friends with Celtic fans and it’s something that takes place only at a football match. This has come down to these songs/words used a long time ago and it’s just being passed down.

I did read your post and it was contradictory nonsense

I’m not convinced you know what ‘contradictory’ means.

The essence of my post was; let’s not focus on who’s to blame and I hope UB take the initiative and lead the way.

Yet you start talking about punishment – baffling.

Just read half way through page 1 of this and the replies are worrying. By all means defend the UBs but the OP is bang on.

It's up to the UBs now, it was their section that was reported, as it was their section the alkie Clarke cried about last season. The club has acted with that and thats why BF1 is one of the sections closed v Legia.

They can go two ways lead or follow the replys on the first page and claim its not their fault they being picked on etc etc.

They take the second option and start having protests against the club the club may very well disband them and it's not something I or anyone want to see.

What about a third option. The club takes responsibility for its failure to work with the UB and other fans. Simply pleading for restraint doesnt work. Banning supporters isnt the way to deal with this. The club needs to start talking and liaising with fans and getting them on board.

It also needs to start challenging the bias and double standards. But then that takes vision and balls. Much easier to just issue a statement and claim they're doing all they can. They're letting the fans down and creating friction.

As I see it someone has to carry the can for all this and UEFA have told rangers to get it sorted . The UB are the scapegoat and for me it’s not just the singing . It’s the smokebombs , the “ look at us “ attitude . At rugby park had young ones ( I strongly suspect they were part of UB), ran on the park and jumped on the disabled roof . Now had they not done that we would have won the moral high ground and with regards to the ticket shambles and the crushing , we would’ve hung Kilmarnock out to dry . Because of what else happened we were painted as the bad guys . Yes I sing TBB, yes I sing them all . But when I sing them in my seat nobody from Fare knows it’s me . The UB have basically made themselves a target and so they’ve got to go . As a support we survived before them and we”ll survive after them.
To the UB take it , get a season ticket wherever your put , and let’s get on with it
If you sing it from your seat then you are part of the problem! Whether anyone knows it’s you or not your voice is out there possibly joining with others! You are as culpable as any UB member who might have been seen!

To be honest I would be a hypocrite for having a go at people who sing the songs I always have, BUT, having official fans groups singing songs like the 50p flute is just brain dead and obviously has to stop.

I agree. Some songs are just asking for trouble. The 50p is a perfect example. Pointless drivel. If the tune is good, change the words. They did it with the so called Famine Song.

We need to get over this blame game now, it's happened and we now need to deal with it.
I agree with the original post and the UB's should take stock, have a think and maybe seize an opportunity to become the supporters group that takes the lead in eradicating the unacceptable songs on match days.
I actually think the way to tackle this is to make the singing section bigger and more organised so the UB's could in effect grow from this situation if they make the right choices.

I get the impresdio

I know but why are some targeting the UB. There's plenty of others guilty. What about the 1700 in Poland? The club could ban all of them. They were singing TBB. Then there's the travelling fans at Killie. The club know who they are.

I was there, I wasn't singing TBB.....................

What about a third option. The club takes responsibility for its failure to work with the UB and other fans. Simply pleading for restraint doesnt work. Banning supporters isnt the way to deal with this. The club needs to start talking and liaising with fans and getting them on board.

It also needs to start challenging the bias and double standards. But then that takes vision and balls. Much easier to just issue a statement and claim they're doing all they can. They're letting the fans down and creating friction.

Yeah in a perfect world sure. The UB have more to gain than the club by working together though so as I said the UB can choose to go 1 of 2 ways. 1 will be leading by example and that would include as the OP suggests going to the club apologetically and talking. The other if they follow advice from their big supporters on this thread will see Rangers say enough is enough.

Look across the city to see a group completely out of control, Rangers will be trying to make sure we don't have the same on our hands. The ball lies in UB court its up to them what path they take.

I’m not convinced you know what ‘contradictory’ means.

The essence of my post was; let’s not focus on who’s to blame and I hope UB take the initiative and lead the way.

Yet you start talking about punishment – baffling.

No, your point was that UB are able to lead a change going forward, which they absolutely are able to do, and that they weren’t solely to blame.

However, implying that UB should be leading the change gives the idea that they’re somewhat to blame. Why should UB lead the change, why not TBO, Club1872 or RSCs? Everyone with sense knows that UB are the ones who lead the singing however some then extend that to thinking they should be responsible for whatever the full stadium sings.

If you’d put a disclaimer in your post stating that you realise the song was sung in all 4 stands your post would’ve carried more weight, but it didn’t. Therefore I think there’s a contradiction in you saying UB should be leading the change, implying that fault ultimately lies with them.

There’s a lot of hypocrisy on this thread

As I see it someone has to carry the can for all this and UEFA have told rangers to get it sorted . The UB are the scapegoat and for me it’s not just the singing . It’s the smokebombs , the “ look at us “ attitude . At rugby park had young ones ( I strongly suspect they were part of UB), ran on the park and jumped on the disabled roof . Now had they not done that we would have won the moral high ground and with regards to the ticket shambles and the crushing , we would’ve hung Kilmarnock out to dry . Because of what else happened we were painted as the bad guys . Yes I sing TBB, yes I sing them all . But when I sing them in my seat nobody from Fare knows it’s me . The UB have basically made themselves a target and so they’ve got to go . As a support we survived before them and we”ll survive after them.
To the UB take it , get a season ticket wherever your put , and let’s get on with it

Unbelievable post. You admit to singing the songs but want others banned for it. Wow!

I've been a huge supporter of the Union Bears. It's all too easy to point the finger at them for every ill but in light of EUFA highlighting that the offensive singing came from BF1 I believe that Rangers themselves could end up closing BF1 indefinitely.

There was a few years following Villareal in 2006 when there was no sectarian singing at Ibrox. The Blue Order would stick to Rangers songs and it was viewed as more of an away support problem.

It has undeniably returned, though and invariably starts in BF1. Thd club, therefore, needs to issue an ultimatum, either the harmful chants go or your section goes.

I should of read the full OP, somehow I managed to miss some outrageous stuff in it.

actually wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't just disband the Union Bears anyway”. Jesus.

The pathetic finger pointing at the easy targets is unreal. But not suprised, its what we do best. Stick the knife in to our own.

The full stadium sing these songs, but you wouldn’t be surprised if the board “disbanded” the UB. To be fair to the OP, its the type of weasly move we have come to expect from Stewarty boy, but could never happen. Split them up & kill the Ibrox atmosphere forever? Maybe.

Yeah in a perfect world sure. The UB have more to gain than the club by working together though so as I said the UB can choose to go 1 of 2 ways. 1 will be leading by example and that would include as the OP suggests going to the club apologetically and talking. The other if they follow advice from their big supporters on this thread will see Rangers say enough is enough.

Look across the city to see a group completely out of control, Rangers will be trying to make sure we don't have the same on our hands. The ball lies in UB court its up to them what path they take.

The ball lies in the Club's court as it has since day one. Unfortunately you can see where they have led us off the park.

giphy.gif

I should of read the full OP, somehow I managed to miss some outrageous stuff in it.

actually wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't just disband the Union Bears anyway”. Jesus.

The pathetic finger pointing at the easy targets is unreal. But not suprised, its what we do best. Stick the knife in to our own.

The full stadium sing these songs, but you wouldn’t be surprised if the board “disbanded” the UB. To be fair to the OP, its the type of weasly move we have come to expect from Stewarty boy, but could never happen. Split them up & kill the Ibrox atmosphere forever? Maybe.

Good post.

Not really the time for dick measuring contests. Can’t pin this solely on the UB and take the moral high ground as you can guarantee 95% of this forum who attend matches have sung the songs in question already this season at European games.

Agree with your comments. The UB singing section was introduced to bring an atmosphere to the ground which at times could be like a morgue. However when the UB sings the rest of the ground follows suit, especially when it is a song like TBB, a stirring sight and sound to all Bears with 50000 belting it out. However to those who do not support the club it is anything but a stirring sight and sound, if just reinforces their opinion of Rangers and its support being stuck in a 1690 time warp.

Also I am nearing 60 years old and will admit as a teenager I learned and sung all those party songs. However for many years now I not have taken part when these sungs are belted out at Ibrox (I no longer attend away games). Time moves on and what was acceptable only 20 years ago is now deemed offensive.

We as a club and support have to move on, hopefully together. The clubs attempts over the years to encourage the support to stop the party songs has met with deaf ears, almost a two fingered response of "no one will tell us what we can or cannot sing". The club will have no choice to take the lead as we move forward, it cannot be seen to idly let this furore pass. I just hope the fans move willingly with whatever the club proposes rather than have the ultimate threat of ST removal hanging over the heads of those that find compliance difficult.

Last edited:

Im just making a point about how unfair it is to target the UB. As you point out targetting thosr in Poland is just as unfair because you didnt join in with TBB. Lets assume you and ten others are innocent. That leaves 1690 for a ban. How does that sound?

W

we will never have a 100% songs about just rangers we never have and we never will that is reality.now imho what we have to do is cut out ftp and any song with 19th Century Terrorist in it in particular the billy boys and super rangers.no other song we sing at games are sectarian.after the billy boys the moist rousing song that gets the whole stadium rocking is Derrys walls so do you suggest we stop singing that as well.
Ok I’ll concede on Derrys Walls :))

They start the songs, then others join in. That is also another fact.

What a simplistic view you have on things.

Can you answer this - are you categorically saying that songs are never started in other sections/stands of Ibrox?

Big fan of the Union Bears and I agree with the op.

We have so many great Rangers songs that could be getting sung.

We all need to have a long hard think and decide which is most important to us,

Singing about 19th Century Terrorists and Fu.cking the Pope

or

Rangers Football Club,

thats it troops, a stark choice but fairly simple, not giving up your beliefs or traditions just not airing out dated rhetoric at Ibrox.

Last edited:
They start the songs, then others join in. That is also another fact.
They start countless chants throughout the game, nobody joins in. But when they start TBB or SR? You’ll get massive participation. Its a wide issue. Folk want to sing these songs, they like them.

If you banned everyone in BF1 for life, these songs would still be sung at big games.

You want to stop them ever being sung? The club needs to make MASSIVE efforts to communicate and educate alongside fans groups.

But we know the club will do anything but. They’ll just hope the problem eradicates itself, maybe fling out another video for PR.

The songs won’t go away by themselves.

I've been a huge supporter of the Union Bears. It's all too easy to point the finger at them for every ill but in light of EUFA highlighting that the offensive singing came from BF1 I believe that Rangers themselves could end up closing BF1 indefinitely.

Wouldnt surprise me. Take the easy way out. Keep the bank manager happy.

No, your point was that UB are able to lead a change going forward, which they absolutely are able to do, and that they weren’t solely to blame.

However, implying that UB should be leading the change gives the idea that they’re somewhat to blame. Why should UB lead the change, why not TBO, Club1872 or RSCs? Everyone with sense knows that UB are the ones who lead the singing however some then extend that to thinking they should be responsible for whatever the full stadium sings.

If you’d put a disclaimer in your post stating that you realise the song was sung in all 4 stands your post would’ve carried more weight, but it didn’t. Therefore I think there’s a contradiction in you saying UB should be leading the change, implying that fault ultimately lies with them.

There’s a lot of hypocrisy on this thread

You’re just highlighting that you rushed in and didn’t really read my initial post.

Nobody is solely at fault here, including the UB, which was exactly what I said in my post (“everybody has sung the songs at some point”). Therefore there’s no point attributing blame to anyone because it gets us nowhere and essentially, everyone is at fault.

To say I’m insinuating UB are ultimately at fault because I hope they take the lead is also completely bonkers, if you’d read my post.

I specifically said “It’s not the UB responsibility to do anything”. I also didn’t even say they should take the lead, I said I hope they do because they’ll flourish and that’s to the benefit of everyone.

Again, like I said in my initial post, they are in a unique position to encourage songs that are allowed. They have a direct and meaningful impact on matchday that RSCs and C1872 simply don’t have.

If you sing it from your seat then you are part of the problem! Whether anyone knows it’s you or not your voice is out there possibly joining with others! You are as culpable as any UB member who might have been seen!

Ban him!

Im joking by the way.

We all need to have a long hard think and decide which is most important to us,

Singing about 19th Century Terrorists and Fu.cking the Pope

or

Rangers Football Club,

thats it troops, a stark choice buy fairly simple, not giving up your beliefs or traditions just not airing out dated rhetoric at Ibrox.
I'm encouraged by most of the response from the fans but we still have 2 groups from what I can see who are either openly stating they won't change and then those who are trying to dismiss the threats on a technicality or by playing dumb "well that word isn't sectarian" "the club need to give us a list of songs".

The majority of us are adults, we know how to carry on and how not to.

The lad on H&H nailed it. UEFA is a nightclub and to get in you have to abide by their rules - and we desperately need in. You can stand and argue with the bouncers about how the rules aren't fair or aren't applied elsewhere - they don't care. You'll be refused entry or chucked out.

I'm sorry if you feel awfully marginalised, sidelined or like it's all slipping away from you but it's a simple choice. The club, manager and legends of the past are pleading with you to rap it.

I really hope the fans listen this time.

You’re just highlighting that you rushed in and didn’t really read my initial post.

Nobody is solely at fault here, including the UB, which was exactly what I said in my post (“everybody has sung the songs at some point”). Therefore there’s no point attributing blame to anyone because it gets us nowhere and essentially, everyone is at fault.

To say I’m insinuating UB are ultimately at fault because I hope they take the lead is also completely bonkers, if you’d read my post.

I specifically said “It’s not the UB responsibility to do anything”. I also didn’t even say they should take the lead, I said I hope they do because they’ll flourish and that’s to the benefit of everyone.

In the context of the thread, your intial post only mentioned UB and not other sections of the support. Why should UB/BF1 be banned for a song that was sung in all 4 stands? You say you “hope” they lead the campaign for change and that’ll benefit everyone - how does that benefit folk in every other section who were guilty of singing it?

BF1 are being made scapegoats and your hopefulness that UB will be involved in change implies their guilt. I stand in BF1 and can assure you not everyone gets involved in singing

I hear you but why mention a problem specific to you that doesnt affect 99% of fans?

If Rangers offered free burgers and cokes to all fans we'd have someone complaining that they're on a diet. The club cant cater for everyone's individual foibles.
I responded to someone who suggested that just having a st isn't enough, I don't sing for the reasons given and others may have similar reasons as well or they just like to listen.

I don't have a problem with any songs, even the Aberdeen fans horrible wee chants or the vile terrorist song book from bheast fc.

However, we're being targeted and need to be smarter. The UB can help lead the way.

UB aren't the only guilty party here but I hope they use this as a turning point. In the lower leagues, some good new songs were started, but it's gone back to the NI stuff recently. I'd love to see them leading the way instead of some race to the bottom with the green brigade.

Ban him!

Im joking by the way.
LOL right enough!
Ach that’s the last thing I’d want. I think people just want to shout that massive ‘HELLO HELLO’ in support, especially when things are bouncing and the team’s doing great. I don’t think, if most stopped and thought about the words, many would mean any of it. But it MUST stop. I love my club and fear the repercussions of the bloody minded’s defiance. Also their defiance is utterly misplaced! By singing it they give those who hate us exactly what they want! They will currently be revelling in this latest punishment and will be rubbing their hands at any further potential sanctions. People need to wise up!

Why are everybody blaming the union bears and putting it all on them to sort out the song list.when I have been at Ibrox or watching the games on rtv tbb or super ranges is started by the other parts of the stadium.70% of what the ub’s sing is about rangers or the players.they have brought back some old rangers songs.i have even heard them singing rangers easy ok.

It's the other 30% that's damaging us . I like the majority of bears ,enjoy the passion and atmosphere they bring to the games but they need to toe the line like the rest of us no more FTP ,that's what's going to destroy us.....If we lose European matches its gonna kill us ....Please don't make that happen

As things stand, I'm of the opinion that the Union Bears are finished as a fans' group.

I think that the only way back for them would be if they were to work hand in hand with the club and lead the efforts to promote non-offensive songs at Ibrox and at away games.

Now, it's not for me to tell this group what to do as I'm not and never have been a member – but, if I was, I'd be approaching the club in an apologetic manner and asking what the group can do to work with the club in an effort to help educate our wider support – and safeguard the future of the Union Bears.

Just like they do with the offensive songs the Union Bears start, the rest of the ground would follow the Union Bears' lead if they started singing only acceptable songs.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't just disband the Union Bears anyway – that's why it is, for me, imperative that the fans' group seize the initiative here to 1) lead the efforts to promote acceptable singing and 2) safeguard the future of their group and improve their relationship with the club.

Sadly, however, I think the Union Bears will take the huff again and have their silent protests etc, particularly with their section being singled out by the club over recent events with the UEFA charges.

So, instead of the fans' group – and the club – being proactive, I think that, one way or another, the Union Bears are finished.

I truly hope it doesn't come to this because there is much to admire about the Union Bears, but they need to accept criticism when it's merited – which it most definitely is in this case.
Are they collectively mature enough to recognise this, though?

I'd like to think we all – the club, the Union Bears, and the wider support – want the same thing: an
Ibrox with the world-renowned atmosphere that we're known for across the globe, but an Ibrox with a support who no longer sings the songs that will eventually lead us to being banned from Europe completely.

And, make no mistake, we will be banned from Europe if this continues.

Steven Gerrard will walk if that happens.
There's no way our manager will want to be at a Rangers who are banned from Europe – and there's no way he'll want his brand associated with a club who are banned from Europe because of what is deemed to be racist behaviour.

This would give Celtic a free run at the Champions League and effectively render us unable to meaningfully compete.

Doomsday scenario?
No, it's not.
It is a stark fact that we will be kicked out of Europe if we don't change as a support.

I'd be interested to know the thoughts of posters on this board who are members of the Union Bears, and, of course, also hear from posters who aren't members of the group.
Absolutely bang out of order to pin all the blame at the foot of the Union Bears. Bordering on pathetic

As things stand, I'm of the opinion that the Union Bears are finished as a fans' group.

I think that the only way back for them would be if they were to work hand in hand with the club and lead the efforts to promote non-offensive songs at Ibrox and at away games.

Now, it's not for me to tell this group what to do as I'm not and never have been a member – but, if I was, I'd be approaching the club in an apologetic manner and asking what the group can do to work with the club in an effort to help educate our wider support – and safeguard the future of the Union Bears.

Just like they do with the offensive songs the Union Bears start, the rest of the ground would follow the Union Bears' lead if they started singing only acceptable songs.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't just disband the Union Bears anyway – that's why it is, for me, imperative that the fans' group seize the initiative here to 1) lead the efforts to promote acceptable singing and 2) safeguard the future of their group and improve their relationship with the club.

Sadly, however, I think the Union Bears will take the huff again and have their silent protests etc, particularly with their section being singled out by the club over recent events with the UEFA charges.

So, instead of the fans' group – and the club – being proactive, I think that, one way or another, the Union Bears are finished.

I truly hope it doesn't come to this because there is much to admire about the Union Bears, but they need to accept criticism when it's merited – which it most definitely is in this case.
Are they collectively mature enough to recognise this, though?

I'd like to think we all – the club, the Union Bears, and the wider support – want the same thing: an
Ibrox with the world-renowned atmosphere that we're known for across the globe, but an Ibrox with a support who no longer sings the songs that will eventually lead us to being banned from Europe completely.

And, make no mistake, we will be banned from Europe if this continues.

Steven Gerrard will walk if that happens.
There's no way our manager will want to be at a Rangers who are banned from Europe – and there's no way he'll want his brand associated with a club who are banned from Europe because of what is deemed to be racist behaviour.

This would give Celtic a free run at the Champions League and effectively render us unable to meaningfully compete.

Doomsday scenario?
No, it's not.
It is a stark fact that we will be kicked out of Europe if we don't change as a support.

I'd be interested to know the thoughts of posters on this board who are members of the Union Bears, and, of course, also hear from posters who aren't members of the group.
Excellent post. Ibrox regulars know it’s not just the UB who sing the offensive songs but they were the section reported by FARE and they are responsible for the UEFA sanction. It is therefore absolutely right that they should bear the brunt of the sanction. As to the longer term, I wholeheartedly agree that the UB can take the lead, work with the club and ensure that the offensive songs are consigned to the dustbin. If they don’t, they’re finished because the Club will undoubtedly take action to remove them from Ibrox permanently.

In the context of the thread, your intial post only mentioned UB and not other sections of the support. Why should UB/BF1 be banned for a song that was sung in all 4 stands? You say you “hope” they lead the campaign for change and that’ll benefit everyone - how does that benefit folk in every other section who were guilty of singing it?

BF1 are being made scapegoats and your hopefulness that UB will be involved in change implies their guilt. I stand in BF1 and can assure you not everyone gets involved in singing

My initial post mentions the UB because the thread is about the UB.

I’m at a loss, especially since you’re in BF1, if you can’t see the benefit of the UB leading the charge here. They dictate much of the atmosphere, they’re the source of much of the atmosphere – they hold a fair amount of power in that regard. If they lead the way, many will follow. How could that be anything but positive?

How can I put it more plainly than I already have; everyone has to the shoulder the blame, not just the UB. But what’s the benefit now on focusing on blame?

I haven’t mentioned the ban once. You’re obviously looking for an argument and seeing what you want to see.

No one will be getting banned, irrespective of opinion, as long as they put their point across in a matter that doesn’t break FF rules.

This isn’t a dictatorship.
We need to be debating this issue.

Okay then.

The Billy Boys is one of the only songs that gets sung stadium wide, the full support are responsible for it and not just the Union Bears.

Your blaming and singling out of the UB is shocking, it's a support wide issue and I'm sure you and I have sang this song on many an occasion. Accept the responsibility along with the rest of the support and stop looking for someone to blame.

We need a fans group or section that the club can work with.

The Union Bears are never going to be that. They have an image problem and I don’t think it’s going to change.

I could get more on board with The Blue Order a few years back.

Okay then.

The Billy Boys is one of the only songs that gets sung stadium wide, the full support are responsible for it and not just the Union Bears.

Your blaming and singling out of the UB is shocking, it's a support wide issue and I'm sure you and I have sang this song on many an occasion. Accept the responsibility along with the rest of the support and stop looking for someone to blame.

Exactly this.

Next we will ban fans from travelling to away games as they are sung away from home too. :rolleyes:

LOL right enough!
Ach that’s the last thing I’d want. I think people just want to shout that massive ‘HELLO HELLO’ in support, especially when things are bouncing and the team’s doing great. I don’t think, if most stopped and thought about the words, many would mean any of it. But it MUST stop. I love my club and fear the repercussions of the bloody minded’s defiance. Also their defiance is utterly misplaced! By singing it they give those who hate us exactly what they want! They will currently be revelling in this latest punishment and will be rubbing their hands at any further potential sanctions. People need to wise up!

Good post. That's why the club needs to start talking to fans. Engage them in dialogue about the pros and cons of singing these songs and the vast majority will come to understand the need to move on.

Ive chatted on here with the SLO but he thinks this cant be done. It can and I could do it. Ive done similar in other situations. It takes time and commitment but where there's a will there's a way.

Back