Union Bears left the stadium right on full time

I liked their new chant with the whistling and drums. Felt very continental. FC Twente did something similar at Ajax. Good on them for creativity. That was a banger.

I am delighted borna is leaving. His time is up. But to downplay the importance and magnitude of 55 in isolation as not being a massive success is disingenuous. Borna played well in that season and i thank him for that. Not too much else, but certainly that. Times up and off he goes.
Borna’s time is up but at the same time it would extremely churlish not to say.he has contributed to some really important victories in his time with us.

Borna’s time is up but at the same time it would extremely churlish not to say.he has contributed to some really important victories in his time with us.
Our fans don't really do wider context it seems.

Some people will see that as good and some sort of weird sense of things never standing still or dwelling on what you've done before, others will see it as obnoxious, ungrateful and unpleasant.

I know where I am.

And some unacceptable defeats,a total surrender on the park from him at the glitter dome is my abiding memory of him.Unforgivable,shouldve been out the door long ago.

The players haven't let us down, the board and managers have. Really poor from them.
confused-drew-scanlon-blinking-x6ae0pugzh26bd4q.gif

Nothing strange about it
The UB have stuck by the team but that has not been recipriocated. Even last night the conditions and the failure again but Fans turned up. The best part of the UB last night was defo the Albino guy who was in the mioddle of it all having a great time :)

Sometimes we're going to have to accept 2nd in a 2 horse race. They gonna spit the dummy every time
Sometimes, yes.

12 out the last 17 attempts is poor though. Particularly this one, when we completely threw it away.

I joked with my mate that the Union Bears had obviously been watching Zulu for inspiration, getting their bass, baritone and tenore sections in harmony, for what was an outstanding 90 minutes of inspirational singing, by far their best yet.

That they left en masse immediately on the final whistle, is their prerogative and I for one am not going to criticise them for doing so, they're more than entitled as any one of us to express their disappointment with how this league has been thrown away.

But they'll be at Hampden, loud and proud, nothing surer.

They stayed for the lap of honour where Phil celebrated a 3-3 v the scum like the league title.

No issue with it, they stayed for 90 mins, were the only ones trying to generate an atmosphere.

Sends out the right kind of message. Players and management team don’t deserve the loyalty we provide.

Was it just me or did they noticeably stop singing / active support after the second went in until half time too?

Back to their usual self’s after half time but it was very noticeable because the flags stopped being waved too after the second goal.

Goals for the opposition don’t seem to normally effect their actions that much.

Couldn’t care less when they left, I’m wanting to know when we’re getting a league winning team on the park

You are having a laugh.
I strongly disagree with the players part of that
Do you genuinely believe they go out and put in less than 100%?

Borna was signed six years ago for ~£2m, we could of sold him at his peak for a sizeable fee. Allowing him to leave on a free while well on the decline is a failing of the board, not him.

Tav was signed from fucking Wigan for £200k 9 years ago to get us out Scotland's second league, he's now expected to lead us to dominance in Scottish football.

That team don't deserve to be clapped off the park. tTheir lack of effort is atrocious. I've lost count the amount of times they've been booed off the park, this season alone. Hopefully it's the last time we see most of them in a Rangers shirt ever again - but I doubt it.

That team don't deserve to be clapped off the park. tTheir lack of effort is atrocious. I've lost count the amount of times they've been booed off the park, this season alone. Hopefully it's the last time we see most of them in a Rangers shirt ever again - but I doubt it.
Sorry but that's bullshit, not lack of effort - just an ageing team well past their best.

Beale fucked us then. I've never seen football played where no-one had any idea of what they were doing. We had players running into each other, running away from each other. It was a disaster.

Clement also deserves credit then for getting these same players onto an unreal run and getting us believing again
Beale was a disaster but the players played their part in that also.

Agreed, Clement deserves credit but ultimately the players have failed (again) to achieve their sole objective - win the league. Forget about belief etc, they are 2nd best in a league where anything other than 1st is failure.

Was it just me or did they noticeably stop singing / active support after the second went in until half time too?

Back to their usual self’s after half time but it was very noticeable because the flags stopped being waved too after the second goal.

Goals for the opposition don’t seem to normally effect their actions that much.
I noticed this also, when it went 2 nil they stayed quiet until we made it 1-2, then they started up again.

The commitment and dedication of the UB's cannot be called into question.

So they left at the first whistle? Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Any criticism is probably coming from people who don't even attend games, or who leave well before the end.

Cap offed to the UB's for their efforts at Ibrox again this season.

Without them the place is a library 95% of the time.

What they done was a break from the norm for them, they stay and applaud the team. They didn’t do that tonight, on a night that they know the players will go round the ground, some for the last time (players that have won 55, that have taken us to a European final) they turned their back on them.

They won’t turn their back on a cup final ticket or a Chief Exec who’s bent over backwards for them, displacing some that did stay to support the team, to accommodate a move.
You obviously have an agenda of some sort. Not sure what the CEO has to do with their decision to leave at the end?

Genuinely don’t understand folk on here.

Whinge like fck about players who don’t care, then you’ve got a guy like Barasic who obviously cares for the club. Yes, he’s been poor for us on occasions, but he was also part of a massive success. But, no it’s all “fck him”.

Basically, you don’t have to be a cant all the time just to appear staunch as fck.

Define this 'massive success' Barisic has been part of?

Because your idea of massive and mine are somewhat at odds.

Our fans don't really do wider context it seems.

Some people will see that as good and some sort of weird sense of things never standing still or dwelling on what you've done before, others will see it as obnoxious, ungrateful and unpleasant.

I know where I am.
It's utterly vile, and usually on posts/threads harping on about 'standards' and 'Rangers class'.

They stayed for the lap of honour where Phil celebrated a 3-3 v the scum like the league title.

No issue with it, they stayed for 90 mins, were the only ones trying to generate an atmosphere.

Sends out the right kind of message. Players and management team don’t deserve the loyalty we provide.
We're no more loyal than the vast majority of other clubs. In fact there's an argument to be made that the fans of clubs who have never won anything in our lifetimes show more loyalty. Meanwhile we've got people making comments about players not deserving our "loyalty" on a thread about the union bears ignoring the players because we didn't win the league.

Some perspective goes a long way.

Totally understand why they have done it but its a shame for the young guys who came on and played well.
They can get a proper celebration next year when we win the league. Success is non negotiable. We have been up long enough now to be back to winning a lot more than 1 in 8-9 years. The young guys need to know that this year was totally unacceptable for a club like Rangers.

I said “a” massive success. At the time, did we not all class 55 as a massive success?

Felt like it to me, especially after all the shit that happened before.

Well, you better hold on to your massive success, because if there's not a seismic shift in how the club operates, from the boardroom down, and how we operate day to day, memories are all you'll have.

And please don't insult my intelleligence or yours, by telling me, a hypothetical cup double this season equals success.

Back