Union Bears Spokeperson

Can’t see why certain St holders get relocated but we won’t and I’ve to miss out when I go everywhere. Pretty shite

I do agree the Club are ensuring that UB08 suffer the brunt of the punishment. As regards the re-locating of some of the other, the game was close to a sell-out. In mitigation the Club could argue that there wasn’t scope to re-locate all of those who had purchased tickets in the sections to be closed.

I’m actually quite surprised that it seems to be only BF1 and CD6 and CD7 affected. My first thought was that they would give up the entire Broomloan Front and leave it to the Poles.

I would like to seek clarity from the club onthe song or songs that were deemed sectarian and the add ons. Are we sure that TBB is banned or is it 'up to our knees' bit that was the offending part? I'm sure that the song isn't in itself 'banned ' .

I would like to seek clarity from the club onthe song or songs that were deemed sectarian and the add ons. Are we sure that TBB is banned or is it 'up to our knees' bit that was the offending part? I'm sure that the song isn't in itself 'banned ' .

It's the whole tune mate.

The last thing we need is a statement. This isn't doing much for our image and the press will be keen to keep it in the headlines for as long as possible. Our best tactic would be to keep quiet and not fuel the story.
The judgement from uefa states that the section the singing came from must be included in the closed sections. There is no discussion or negotiation to take place and statements won't change anything.
Our fan's singing, if it continues and we were banned, could cost the club £8m. I think they should do everything they can to protect that.

The Union Bears got me through the second, first and championship seasons, the football was absolutely dire and had it not been for the atmosphere they created it would have been even harder to suffer.

Present day THEY create all the atmosphere at Ibrox.

We had dropped some songs for a while and they slowly started getting aired, when there was little outcry they became more regular and getting sung by all, young and old.

The add ons were not introduced by the UBs but by the older generation who still think its ok.

The entire stadium has been rocking in recent times particularly European nights and these naughty songs have been getting sung by 90% of the stadium probably a higher % in the 2 home games against the filth so let’s stop the blame game.

We now know what not to sing let’s not try and force out boys that put a lot of time and effort into what we all love, following The Rangers.

I really fear for us, with so many refusing to give up the songs (and I’m not referring to the UB’s) we will have the ground closed, the SPFL will then join in, and the end result? Points deduction, which would probably force our manager to walk. Too many selfish feckers involved I’m afraid.

I do think the UB have had more than their fair share of the blame for this, some of the criticism is justified, but there’s far more than them that have been involved. They are the convenient blame hounds at the moment.

I think it’s inevitable there will be a few incidents amongst the away support today. Some folk will be determined to sing what they want and I can see there being words exchanged and possibly people coming to blows. I hope not, but I can see it happening.

Have the club made contact , or more importantly met with UB leaders ? Not to blame them but to get them on board as they are the only ones to create any real atmosphere. Have some adult frank discussions about what is at stake here and what is clearly acceptable and what isn't . Also , and this may be happening , I don't know , but surely this is an opportunity for the SLO to show leadership and get people around the table , even with a player like Halliday or Jack , pleading for change , to protect the club's reputation , but to move on positively . Issuing statements but with no real engagement never works

Unfortunately for the UB you cannot claim to be the sole reason for atmosphere in the stadium and then wash your hands of things like this.

It is most certainly true that the crowd take their cue from the UB and that the vast majority, if not all, songs that start come from their section.

The shambles that was the SFB chants against Clarke are a clear indicator of what can happen when the UB get it wrong: It clearly and obviously came from their section.

It is a fact of life that if people see others doing something, they feel emboldened and will be far more likely to join in that they would have been so the UB, as much good as they undoubtedly can do, have to shoulder a large chunk of the responsibility for this.

If they come through this intact, and it is by no means certain that they will be allowed to, they would be very wisely counselled to learn the lessons given and to get themselves right at the forefront of ending the risk to the club. They might have a chance to do some fantastic work alongside the club and the rest of the support in a watershed moment and all it would take is some of the more prominent members to stand up, be brave with their membership and make some hard decisions.

If they want to the praise of generating atmosphere, which they do, they need to accept criticism when it is warranted, and it is.

Think they might jack it tbh, either that or the club will disband it/not let them stand together.

I think the way the blame has been placed at the UBs door by some is poor, considering most of us have sang these songs before.

The tone of the club suggests it is very unlikely there will be a way forward. Rangers should really have organised some sort of meeting with supporters groups/UBs/RSCs so we can move forward together as a support.

We really need to pull in the same direction here, but I don't feel like the club has been pro-active in that respect.

TBB started and was mostly sung by that section vs St Joseph’s. 100%

I noticed it at the time and thought if Fare as soon as I’d happened.

They have to adapt or die.

I’m just not happy lol

Quite understandable, hopefully level heads will prevail and the club and leading guys in the UB can get together and release a joint statement over the song sheet.
It would be great also if the UB afterwards said something along the lines of “ we understand the club is under scrutiny from organisations with an agenda so will police our group appropriately “. Maybe add we hope these organisations will be looking at other clubs not just Rangers in Scotland.

Our support have collective responsibility on this, all of us. Sick of the mud slinging on here. There will be many happily taking their seats on Thurday who sang the TBB against St Joseph's, whilst the UB get turfed out for starting it.

For the record I'm not in UB, I attend matches with my daughter to support the team I love. Personally have no interest in singing about 19th Century Terrorists, FTP - I'm there to back our team be as successful as possible.

The politics behind this whole fiasco stink quite frankly. What better way to get it up our haters than getting together and cheering out team to the title.

Time to stop the infighting and pull together, blaming each other achieves nothing. To those in BF1 who are missing the match on Thursday, I really feel for you. Regardless of whether you started or sang the TBB or not against ST Joseph's- those in BF1 certainly weren't alone in singing it. Many others taking their seats at Ibrox on Thurday, will know fine well they were part of the singing that caused the damage to our club.

We need to put this behind us and move on, starting today with 3 points and ramp the pressure up.
Great post mate.
The 'holier than thou' attitude is bollocks.
I wasn't at the game, I most likely would have joined in had I been there.

It's amazing that of all those who sang TBB that night, none post on here or sit outwith BF1.

Only when we do it, evidently
Has anyone ever seen proof of this song or tune being banned.
Obviously we all know the offending lyrics are no-go, but the idea of a tune being banned is mental.
Have UEFA ever charged a club for racist whistling?

As a older bear I can understand the young ones wanting to sing songs that us old ones used to sing with great gusto but we live in a different world now with PC now the norm wether we like it or not.
Gone are the days of f&@@ them we will sing what we want the punishments are to severe now and right now our club still needs every penny it can raise and our enemies will try every trick in the book to try and cripple us again.
Got to agree with you. funny how these we hunks get upset by certain words,but they have played their cards well,and got us shafted, If they got their way they'd kill us off,by god they have tried for years now. Soon be a crime to wear a Rangers scarf.

I’m bipolar when it comes to the UB’s.

The ‘we are better than all you other fans’ attitude absolutely comes across in moments like this. Instead of a showing of humility, it’s immediately into misplaced defiance. The embarrassing silent protests and the Steve Clark banner prove that maturity isn’t something that comes naturally.

That said, they’ve been responsible for a lot of good both on and off the park. It needs to older heads in the group to grab hold of this with maturity now. Because rightly or wrongly, it’ll be the thing that ends them if they don’t. Which would be a big loss for everyone really.

People need to accept that this isn’t about conspiracy or agendas anymore, it needs to be dealt with now and forever.

The amount of Whanks on here (FF in general) is mind boggling, the UB getting the blame for everything. So many smug self righteous ‘No never sung anything bad not me’! We have to take the blame collective and move forward together not split because all that will do is end up guys punching feck out of each other at games and the rest of Scotland pishing themselves laughing.

Agree with this. But who is going to lead our song book into the future if not the singing section?

Not whatabouterry. I hate the hypocrisy too and want us to fight it. But, even if we got Celtic disbanded forever over their songbook, us singing songs we know are proscribed will still get us kicked out of Europe. I love us more than I hate them. I want us to stop singing the shite before I argue myself hoarse on the hypocrisy.

Equally, many of us are to blame in addition to the UB. But they cannot claim to have been a bastion of innocence against all the rest of us being the baddies. Many of them were singing the songs. The club has taken the most dramatic action it could. This may have been because BF1 was specifically cited. It may have been because the board recognised the huge danger we are in and so has chosen to do the most dramatic action it could to prove it is trying to comply in the hope of offsetting further punishment. Even if you dislike the decision, you must understand why it was done, for the good of the club we love.

We need to stop doing the very specific things that UEFA outlaw. It shouldn’t be hard. We do have very good songs that we can sing and the UB have been instrumental in bringing most in. Every Saturday we Follow, the Blue see of Ibrox, Alfie’s song and many more are belted our regularly. But we just cannot sing the ones that put us at risk, even with altered lyrics. It really is not hard.

The UB have a huge opportunity to lead on this. But we are at a point when there will be no second chances. We can’t afford them. Shows of defiance will rightly see folk kicked out. Continuation of old songbooks will see that and the club assisting convictions. It is inevitable and what the club needs to do right now. The club needs our support - and the support of the UB particularly - right now more than it has done for a while. We saved the club when there was a threat of destruction 4.5 years ago. Please let us not let it down now that we are finally nearly back where we belong.

Going by the social media posts I don’t see any acceptance.

I’m pretty sure any gestures or idiotic response will see the BF1 section completely disbanded, which would be a real shame.

As mentioned, the Steve Clarke stuff and the Goodnight Green & White made them look like clowns, whilst also embarrassing the club.
I honestly can’t get over posts like this.

It seems the majority on here are whiter than white.

The Steve Clarke stuff? I heard the full stadium sing the same song to Neil Lennon when he was Hibs manager a season or 2 ago. Same goes for TBB.

It astounds me how so many on here don’t sing these songs, and are hiding behind the UB, pointing the finger at them like children

The amount of Whanks on here (FF in general) is mind boggling, the UB getting the blame for everything. So many smug self righteous ‘No never sung anything bad not me’! We have to take the blame collective and move forward together not split because all that will do is end up guys punching feck out of each other at games and the rest of Scotland pishing themselves laughing.

Divide and conquer. I can’t believe folk are so naive. Who all sang? But the support is being whipped up to turn on the Union Bears. It’s embarrassing and we’re playing into our enemies hands. Singing section gone, displays gone... we have an incredible talent for turning on our own and throwing them to the wolves. Folk need to ask who it benefits in the long run.

#standwiththeunionbears

Has anyone ever seen proof of this song or tune being banned.
Obviously we all know the offending lyrics are no-go, but the idea of a tune being banned is mental.
Have UEFA ever charged a club for racist whistling?

Someone posted the ruling yesterday, not sure which thread it's in though.

The union bears do a great job just box clever troops along with the rest of the fans and don’t give our enemies any more ammunition . Make no mistake they want us to sing the naughty songs.

I'm sure they will probably release a statement regarding all the shite thay is being flung their way by our own.
I think the way the blame has been placed at the UBs door by some is poor, considering most of us have sang these songs before.

I don’t.

We all know what’s acceptable and what isn’t and I’ve been often been confused by the UB content.

I’m a unionist...and a loyalist to extents but anyone singing about the Pope or Bobby Sands in 2019 is an asshole...and unfortunately that includes the Union Beats.

IMO the club are wrong to turf out the UB, close the section of course but relocate the fans. Closing the section would've demonstrated the club's ire at the group.
As for the song, i love it, belt it out often at games but not in Europe, massive own goal and our enemies will make hay for ever on the back of it, a 15 year campaign to end the song and they've won, pisses me off but f all we can do.
I hope the UB can move on from this and today will go a long way to show if they can, i think the club are waiting to see what happens today and will determine whether the UB have a future.
WATP

I don’t.

We all know what’s acceptable and what isn’t and I’ve been often been confused by the UB content.

I’m a unionist...and a loyalist to extents but anyone singing about the Pope or Bobby Sands in 2019 is an asshole...and unfortunately that includes the Union Beats.

Ok, you don't. The majority have. Blaming one tiny section for the " misdemeanours" of a whole support isn't right.

I don’t.

This isn't about the pope or sands though, it's about TBB.
Anyone who sang it that night is responsible.

It's mad to lump the blame on the UBs because 'they started it'.
Nobody is forced to join in.

I keep reading that the way the UB are being blamed is a disgrace – where is this actually happening?

The vast majority on here seem to share the opinion that it doesn’t all fall on the UB.

And yet you're willing to blame the Union Bears because 'they started it'.

I've sung TBB since it re-emerged and on no occasion could I tell you what area of the stadium it started in.
The reason why? Because the whole stadium was singing it.

Pretty poor that someone who is meant to be an adult would single out one section.
We are going round the houses here if the song never got started BF1 people like yourself wouldn’t have joined in

Must be great being smart about fellow Rangers fans missing a game.
When the innocent are affected there is more action taken to police the guilty internally.
This is not hard.
The UB do start a lot of this and the Steve Clark stuff should have been the end of it.
Also someone said we are all adults..... A lot of the UB are not adults and therein lies most of the issues there.
I agree a meeting for representatives of the UB with the club might be useful but this needs to include some of the younger members and get them signed up to an agreement whereby the will all be asked to leave unless they sort themselves out.
The rest of the stadium hardly start anything now so is easier to self police.

The way they’re being blamed is frankly fùcking atrocious.

Whole scenario and the reaction to it has been horrific but, dare I say, exactly what FARE and their ilk wanted to see.

I look forward to all the greeting faced sorts who moan about the UB after most games generating an atmosphere on Thursday in the biggest game of our season.
They can still generate a fantastic atmosphere, just without the already banned songs. This is not rocket science.
As far as I'm concerned if they do start it then Lifetime bans is the only way.
The club have said time and time again.
Now there's wonderment at the uefa reaction?

We are going round the houses here if the song never got started BF1 people like yourself wouldn’t have joined in
I thought it was pretty clear.
I have no idea who starts the songs when I join in, so whether it was BF1 or CD7 wouldn't matter really.

Regardless of where it started, everyone who joins in is to blame.

The group is about 300 people(mostly kids), and you'd blame them for the actions of 50000?

I trust you get how utterly stupid that sounds?

The rest of the stadium doesn't have a gun held to their heads.
I know what your saying mate but sometimes you have take responsibility for your actions for days before the st Joseph’s game on this board everyone knew that fare would be waiting to pounce and we played right into their grubby paws
Ive nothing against the UB but I wish they were a bit more savvy and streetwise

Some people just don’t get it. The Real Bigots will be sitting with the sound up waiting for anything that sounds sectarian. So wise up Bears we are Rangers and we can rise above the real bigots. Give them nothing to complain about.

They can still generate a fantastic atmosphere, just without the already banned songs. This is not rocket science.
As far as I'm concerned if they do start it then Lifetime bans is the only way.
The club have said time and time again.
Now there's wonderment at the uefa reaction?

I totally get that and wholly agree mate.

We really need to get our house in order. Our entire support.

Sadly with BF1 closed on Thurs and a very noisy Polish support expected, the advantage of a great home atmosphere will likely be lost.

I think the UB need to release a statement ASAP. Whether they like it or not, they are the most prominent group of fans among our supporters. And also vital to producing a great atmosphere. I think they have spat the dummy a wee bit over people blaming them for the issue. Seeing folk from the UB defending themselves online by sharing videos showing it’s a wider problem might be true, but implicating the wider fan base while defending your own is just bad PR. I think they can make a real difference and hope they lead the charge into a 21st century songbook starting today in Paisley.

As above, Do they have someone who can come out and say what there stance is going to be going forward now or will we just get a statement in the near future. Now I'm not totally blaming them for this as I don't know but they seem to be getting the grief from what I'm seeing and reading.
Being a certain age my main time of following Rangers was late 60's all through the 70's and 80's and most of the 90's where these songs ,add ons whatever was just the done thing so really I can't have a go at anybody can I.
My hope now is that this is a line in the sand for The Rangers Support and The Union Bears , Club 1872 even FollowFollow if they want to get together saying they will do all in their power to stop anything like this happening again. We are better than this and leave this sort of behaviour to the vhermin we are getting dragged now down to their level and I knew, we all knew The Media would be all over this with Rangers must stop this and Rangers must stop that and that my friends is exactly what they wanted. Let's get back to proper rousing Rangers songs from now on there are plenty out their and show people especially our haters that we are The Greatest Fans in The World we have a lot to be proud off since 2012 regarding our support nobody but nobody does it better or will ever do it better than us
Why would he bother come out with a statement,after some of the abuse by long time posters on here and even admin...whatever the ub do whether it be card displays, it upsets a certain creed of supporter....they are young lads.. young lads learn from there parents etc so like myself whoos been going to Ibrox since 1979 ive stood sat at Ibrox and watched as grown nen around me gave out some of the worst sectarian abuse i ever heard.... songs like RANGERS AND CATHOLICS DO GO WAS ROUNDLY SANG at Ibrox.. to die ya 19th Century Terrorist bastard when a player down injured... even the banner mocking the polish goalkeeper about crossing ..
himself.
So before people have a go at 50 max young lads have a good look in the mirror
Sectarianism doesnt start with the billy boys song it wont stop with the banning of the billy boys..
A COS minister once was qouted in the 1930s saying the influence of the rc masses from ireland will be to the detriment of scotland and presbyterians in later generations.... he was not wrong. .

Thats my last post on this as wexare going round in circles looking for to blame the ub

I thought it was pretty clear.
I have no idea who starts the songs when I join in, so whether it was BF1 or CD7 wouldn't matter really.

Regardless of where it started, everyone who joins in is to blame.

The group is about 300 people(mostly kids), and you'd blame them for the actions of 50000?

I trust you get how utterly stupid that sounds?
You have your view and I have mine at that I’ll bow out

Going by the social media posts I don’t see any acceptance.

I’m pretty sure any gestures or idiotic response will see the BF1 section completely disbanded, which would be a real shame.

As mentioned, the Steve Clarke stuff and the Goodnight Green & White made them look like clowns, whilst also embarrassing the club.
If they do anything daft today I wouldn't be surprised If the club disband them immediately and put there tickets on general sale for next sunday. But we all have to take some responsibility not just the ub plenty others in the other 3 stands also sing these songs its time to stop before it's to late. I don't think it will stop today sadly

This needs to be a big moment for the union bears imo

We can argue the rights and wrongs of the ban but what’s done is done

The union bears should get on the front foot with this, have proper dialogue with the club and continue to lead the singing with passion and colour

The club need to tell us what can’t be sung and we take it from there

The union bears should be the clubs biggest asset when it comes to changing the songbook, work together and get it sorted

I really fear for us, with so many refusing to give up the songs (and I’m not referring to the UB’s) we will have the ground closed, the SPFL will then join in, and the end result? Points deduction, which would probably force our manager to walk. Too many selfish feckers involved I’m afraid.
Aye ok

Think they might jack it tbh, either that or the club will disband it/not let them stand together.

The tone of the club suggests it is very unlikely there will be a way forward. Rangers should really have organised some sort of meeting with supporters groups/UBs/RSCs so we can move forward together as a support.

We really need to pull in the same direction here, but I don't feel like the club has been pro-active in that respect.

Responsibility for this lies with the board. Pleading for restraint is a cop out. The club should have appointed someone to start talking and engaging with the supporters to get them on board instead they took the easy way out to make themselves look good.

Perhaps now they'll realise that their approach doesnt work. They'll probably start banning people now. Another mistake.

Back