Union Bears - Trophy Day March Organised - OP Updated With New Information

SELF POLICE.

& HAVE FUN :)) :)) :)) :))
Totally echo this. I know posters will come back and say, doesn't matter what we do, they will attack us for anything but today, Make the headlines all about the team and us being champions so, be smart about today.

Just everyone, enjoy today, and please do not make the headlines for the media. Please self police each other and just have a great day!

Last edited:
Well done to the bears who brightened up the Hallhill Road Springboig and Shettleston area last night. Looks outstanding, I especially liked the red white blue kerbstones. Sorry no pics didn't have my phone.
WATP......enjoy championship day everyone.

The police shouldn't be working against it though? If they had any common sense they would shadow it in
I’d suspect the police are aware of the route in order to work with the fans.

it was from a perspective of fans like myself trying to plan where to park etc

Well done to the bears who brightened up the Hallhill Road Springboig and Shettleston area last night. Looks outstanding, I especially liked the red white blue kerbstones. Sorry no pics didn't have my phone.
WATP......enjoy championship day everyone.
Drived through earlier, looked amazing.

Does anyone know the exact route that will be taken?
funny-tweets-nopoliceman-notacop-fb.png

Now made the papers .​

Union Bears plan Rangers trophy day fans’ march from Ibrox to George Square to celebrate title glory​

THE Union Bears are urging Rangers fans to join them by marching from Ibrox to George Square this Saturday to celebrate the club lifting the Premiership trophy.
The Light Blues will play Aberdeen on the final day of the league season on Saturday lunchtime in what has been a successful campaign for Steven Gerrard's men.
Rangers fans partying outside Ibrox

Rangers were confirmed as title winners back at the start of March after blowing Celtic's ten-in-a-row dream out of the water, instead securing number 55.
After the last game against Stephen Glass' Dons this weekend, the Gers will finally lift the Premiership trophy for the first time in ten years at Ibrox in what is sure to be a full-on title party for the players, management and directors of the club.
However, while fans will still remain locked out of the ground as has been the case all season in line with the Government's coronavirus laws, the Union Bears are still planning on marking the special occasion.
The Rangers ultras are proposing a fans' march from the stadium into Glasgow city centre at George Square - similar to the raucous scenes back in March.

A UB statement reads: “We are unable to confirm an exact time but we will be outside Ibrox after the match and once the trophy has been lifted, we will make our way to Govan Road/across from the Louden Tavern at Kinning Park.
“We would ask all supporters wishing to take part in the march to keep an eye out for members of the group outside Ibrox who will indicate when we are ready to head to the meeting point to begin the march.
They marched from Ibrox to George Square

Supporters with flags and flares

“Please spread the word to all Rangers supporters!”
Thousands of Rangers fans broke lockdown rules by gathering outside of Ibrox and lining the streets of Glasgow and the west on the weekend of March 7 & 8 when the club were confirmed as league champions.
The mass crowds gathered to sing celebration songs, let off flares and wave flags, with many also drinking on the streets.

They were strongly criticised Police Scotland and the Scottish Government for the illegal gatherings, with Nicola Sturgeon demanding they disperse and head home amid transmission fears.
Assistant Chief Constable of Police Scotland, Bernard Higgins, branded those involved “completely and utterly irresponsible”.
Scottish Government restrictions have eased since then with bars and restaurants reopening and the sale of alcohol permitted outdoors in beer gardens.

Scotland is currently in Level 3 restrictions which allows groups of up to six people from six different households to meet outdoors.
Across Europe fans have gathered to celebrate title success.
Inter fans gathered in Milan in their masses, with Ajax and Partick Thistle fans also staging celebrations.
Thistle, 23 fans, a collie dug and Alan Rough.

Back