Until beer freezes over

I was once subbed off due to being too cold, oldman had to carry me to the car blood circulation stopped to my feet

Still get white numb white fingers when it's freezing

The US chose to put players in danger, because sometimes they need to play in 30°C apparently. That was their justification. 2 Honduras players needed treatment for hypothermia - neither serious, but obviously it could have been.

I'm gunna be honest that's irresponsible to let that game go ahead.

In what way is it sensible to play a game in -20°C?

Read a bit yesterday saying that the game shouldn't have been played as it was too cold, you don't really see the same demands for when it's too hot.

Was watching some of the videos of people's bottles of water freezing. Sure a couple of the Honduras players had to come off, their goalie did at least, as they couldn't handle the cold.

I'm sure I read the Honduras keeper had to get subbed off cos it was too cold.
Presumably we could have the same effect on the bheggars by having spare bars of soap around the pitch at Ibrox?

I heard that the USA pick St. Paul, MN because it was so cold, to make it more difficult for Honduras.

Pretty tragic that you need to get an edge over Honduras!

Up in the frozen north, Minnesota.
Mind you, it's below freezing here in south Texas today.
I love watching the NFL and college games where the pitches are covered in snow, but %^*& actually playing in that or even spectating! The snowball fight at Livingston was fun, but can you imagine if the pitch had been covered in snow during play?

The US chose to put players in danger, because sometimes they need to play in 30°C apparently. That was their justification. 2 Honduras players needed treatment for hypothermia - neither serious, but obviously it could have been.
Which is pathetic, right? You need to do that to beat the mighty Honduras? FIFA should have stepped in here. The temperature was -19c!!

I was once subbed off due to being too cold, oldman had to carry me to the car blood circulation stopped to my feet

Still get white numb white fingers when it's freezing
Impressive having a Hollywood star at your match

I love watching the NFL and college games where the pitches are covered in snow, but %^*& actually playing in that or even spectating! The snowball fight at Livingston was fun, but can you imagine if the pitch had been covered in snow during play?

Like this you mean? :D

3651.jpg

Back