update on M&G talking to Reach about the Record

"the individual journalists were remorseful and recognised the harm of their actions – but also maintained that they were, themselves, uncomfortable with the language used and that it was not reflective of their current views or personal thoughts.

Crucially, this luxury was not afforded to those who were targeted by the newspaper.

Nevertheless, some pretty fantastic work by the OP.

I wonder if the one who was terminated was an actual employee or just a freelance writer. A freelancer would be an easy sacrifice to show they were taking it seriously.

If journalist show remorse and keep their jobs then what right do they have to ask others in their articles to resign for past discretions
My thoughts exactly, the Rhecord was condemning Heart and Hand contributors for historical tweets! :mad: Two faced and hypocritical of the rag but only to be expected.

W.A.T.P.

Who had their contract terminated? I thought they all got away with it.
I won’t be able to find that out I’m afraid, Reach will interact to a point with major shareholders but they won’t disclose names of employees. Until someone at the Record can’t keep their mouth shut and gossips we’ll have to wait for it to come out in the wash.

I concur that is a sensible approach.
The next time one of the vermin transgresses, we know that we should pile in via this route.

Agree Coisty.

It’s absolutely great the way bears have changed in recent years.

The Broomie4bears initiative by Papasmurf, George Goudie, JF1960 & others was a wake up call, showing bears that direct action can achieve positive results for our community.

Our Spotlight group has continued to expose that mob, and are progressing all the time, and then so many bears have done what WeeFree has done recently to push on & fight our haters. Likewise so many over the George Square lies, the Oswalds attack by the wheans, and so on.

I’m just proud that the poking at us bears by our haters has now woken us up.

Proud of everyone.

"Previously held beliefs"

Like people stop hating because they were made to do an inclusion course.
Basically reading between the lines they’ve all went down the “ we didny think Hun wiz sectarian “ route and been told yes it is stop using it and most have agreed to do so. However one has told them to ram it he will say what he likes and been let go.

We will still hear 60,000 of them singing it at their next home game with fans mind you and nothing will be said or done.

Basically reading between the lines they’ve all went down the “ we didny think Hun wiz sectarian “ route and been told yes it is stop using it and most have agreed to do so. However one has told them to ram it he will say what he likes and been let go.

We will still hear 60,000 of them singing it at their next home game with fans mind you and nothing will be said or done.

When they played Leverkusen at home, FTQ was loudly sung maybe 20 times that night ?

Nothing from the SMSM.

They are a massive part of this country’s problem Johnny.

Anyone obviously missing from writing daily articles in the rag? Or are all the scum bigots accounted for?

Agree Coisty.

It’s absolutely great the way bears have changed in recent years.

The Broomie4bears initiative by Papasmurf, George Goudie, JF1960 & others was a wake up call, showing bears that direct action can achieve positive results for our community.

Our Spotlight group has continued to expose that mob, and are progressing all the time, and then so many bears have done what WeeFree has done recently to push on & fight our haters. Likewise so many over the George Square lies, the Oswalds attack by the wheans, and so on.

I’m just proud that the poking at us bears by our haters has now woken us up.

Proud of everyone.
And very proud of you and your guys for the Sterling work that you continue to do tackling the unspeakable horrors committed by the devil’s spawn

Great effort OP!
What ever happened with the police complaints? Surely there should be an update and they should have been arrested/ charged with a hate crime?

Back