Us in the group stages of European competition.

EKBB

Official Ticketer
Strange how it nearly always follows the same (depressing) pattern.

First 2 games, start off well, win at home and pick up at least a point away.

Middle 2, wheels start to come off and we fail to win either of them.

Last 2, still in with a shout due to our decent start, a win in either of the last 2 Should see us through yet we don't get it.

It's been the same for the last 15-20 years, never seem to win enough games at Ibrox. The tims always get a few doings but most of the time pick up at least a couple of wins at home in each group to give them a chance.

It's been the same for the last 15-20 years, never seem to win enough games at Ibrox. The tims always get a few doings but most of the time pick up at least a couple of wins at home in each group to give them a chance.
We do always follow the same pattern. It must be mental. We need to believe in ourselves at home.
Our home record over the last 25 years in Europe must be pretty bad.

With the support we have at home, we should be doing much better.
It's odd, rarely have we ever gave the fans much to shout about over the last 20 years at Ibrox on Euro nights. Even the run to the Uefa cup final back in 2008 was all 0-0 games at home bar the Werder Bremen match. All the bigger matches during that time have been anti climaxes as we never seem to get that goal that would blow the roof off i.e. Man Utd, Barcelona, Lyon etc

It's odd, rarely have we ever gave the fans much to shout about over the last 20 years at Ibrox on Euro nights. Even the run to the Uefa cup final back in 2008 was all 0-0 games at home bar the Werder Bremen match. All the bigger matches during that time have been anti climaxes as we never seem to get that goal that would blow the roof off i.e. Man Utd, Barcelona, Lyon etc
The last big result against a big side would be Parma in 1999.

We draw far too many games and we always struggle in the back to back games on the 3rd and 4th matchday.

Our results home and away are quite similar but we need to get better results at home if we want to get through these groups.

Strange how it nearly always follows the same (depressing) pattern.

First 2 games, start off well, win at home and pick up at least a point away.

Middle 2, wheels start to come off and we fail to win either of them.

Last 2, still in with a shout due to our decent start, a win in either of the last 2 Should see us through yet we don't get it.

It is strange but Cards haven't helped us in any way !

The last big result against a big side would be Parma in 1999.

That’s a bit extreme. Barca 0-0 in 2007.

Both Stuttgart wins and porto too.

Our final 2 games in group stages are universally rank.

1999 - 0 points
2000 - 1 point
2003 - 0 points
2005 - 2 points
2007 - 0 points
2009 - 1 point
2010 - 1 point
2018 - 1 point

I know I’ve probalby missed some out.

Last edited:
We draw far too many games and we always struggle in the back to back games on the 3rd and 4th matchday.

Our results home and away are quite similar but we need to get better results at home if we want to get through these groups.
We need to convert draws to wins.

We had a couple of bad results but still nearly made it through. We moved a step forward, and hopefully will go one better next time.

Its sickening that those sneaky bastards got into the next round through the back door - a lucky draw and they still only scraped through.

We draw too many games. We drew 7 of 14 matches this season. Even 92/93, we drew 4 of 6 in group stages.
We lose less than the bheasts but win less as well.

Think it's a lot to do with style. We're naturally a more defensive side, so more draws and tight matches. Celtic are more attacking and open which leads to more wins but also sees them exposed and destroyed against better sides.

We draw too many games. We drew 7 of 14 matches this season. Even 92/93, we drew 4 of 6 in group stages.
We lose less than the bheasts but win less as well.
We scored more than them, conceded the same, lost fewer games, the only head-to-head they won was Rosenturd, the only one we lost was Spartak Moscow.

All we really had to do was convert a draw into a win.

Telling you man, Rangers and Scotland always the phucking same.
I'm 54 and it's been like this all my life practically , with few exceptions. Before group stages it would be the dreaded away goal rule.
We never win the critical game that gives us leeway

Back