Van den Berg - Reported Liverpool target

Capital G

On Sky Sports that Liverpool are amping a host of clubs chasing the 17 years old Dutch centre back but view his as development prospect.

Would be interesting if they would consider loaning him to us if they sign him.

We need a centre back coming up here with more experience than what we have. Not a 17 year old.

I thought Danny Wilson was one of the best young central defenders I have seen. I know he never developed beyond that but no one can say that they weren't impressed in that first season.

No, I don't want a 17 year old defender on loan from Liverpool.

Isn't that what Edmundson is meant to be?

I would say he's a young player who we are looking to develop. Gerrard said we need a central defender who is ready to go straight into the first team and another who would be a younger player who can be developed or an older player. We also tried to sign Mexer who is a player who would have gone straight into the first team. A player of that calibre is still required. I would expect us to sign a central defender who is ready to challenge Katic and Goldson for a first-team place immediately.

Thought thats the type of player Ajax would be going all out for after losing De Ligt

Ajax first team on 10k a week or Liverpool reserve reserves on 20k.
I'd like to think I'd choose Ajax but money talks!
He may well have a better chance of breaking into the Liverpool first team from the Ajax first team than the Liverpool development squad! o_O

De Ligt at 19 was bossing the Champions League. Must be something in the water over there as Van den Berg by all accounts at 17 is playing with maturity can pass and at over 6ft 2 / 6ft 3 wins most headers.

People are seeing the headline - 17-year-old - and ignoring that he’s already played 22 games in Eredividie for PEC

On Sky Sports that Liverpool are amping a host of clubs chasing the 17 years old Dutch centre back but view his as development prospect.

Not what we need.

Ajax first team on 10k a week or Liverpool reserve reserves on 20k.
I'd like to think I'd choose Ajax but money talks!
He may well have a better chance of breaking into the Liverpool first team from the Ajax first team than the Liverpool development squad! o_O
Ajax will be paying players more than 10k a week.

I know his wages would be too high so never going to happen but Gary Cahill would IMHO guarantee us 55.
Why do people keep saying shit like this? Like its their first season watching football. :D

So after the mentally challengeds sign a centre back for 8m, does that guarantee them 9 in a row?

With all due respect mate a 17 year old defender is not what we need at this moment!!! We require an experienced seasoned pro to come in and provide back up to the 3 CHs we have so it's a total NO from me. Just because he's from Liverpool it doesnt make it a good deal!!

Why do people keep saying shit like this? Like its their first season watching football. :D

So after the mentally challengeds sign a centre back for 8m, does that guarantee them 9 in a row?

Sorry to have upset you. I believe Cahill is a top drawer defender, miles better than anyone playing in our league and added to our close season signings I think we would be a completely different animal that ran Celtic reasonably close last season.

Back