VAR independent review update

You’ll never get to find out. Conducting a review is their attempt at a balanced system where we know it’s not. Time after time there have been contention decisions primarily in old firm games which have incurred goals chopped off and games lost. Fact is they can state mistakes until the end of time, but it doesn’t retrospectively overturn those decisions or re-award points lost. Corruption is corruption and they know they are protected whilst doing it.
They’re literally out there and stated…

2 for us and 5 against us. Someone has done a table. Killie big winners with 5 for and 0 against! They are 2 for and 1 against.

Only St Mirren have had more against them than us in league so far.
This table needs formalised, monitored, updated and published 5 minutes after every penalty we are eventually awarded by a reluctant VAR.

I have been saying for years that the club should be challenging refs, linesmen and now VAR teams. It has continually got worse. After every game on here there is a thread about the officials performance. And most of the games we have won. We have one of the worst on Sunday in Dickinson. He was shocking v Killie at Rugby Park. And last time v Hibs OMG. he was awful.

Also the Motherwell tackle on Macausland, how on earth was that a legitimate yellow card?

Was as clear a red as you’ll see
I think they are reviewing the USE of VAR. VAR did not get involved at all in that instance. IIRC that was not even a yellow card. Presumably VAR also thought it not worth a red card so did not ask the ref to take a look.

So what does all this mean for points on the day of the mistakes? Not considering the impact on our squad from unjustifiable loss of players. Did it affect how many points we were up or down? And how many Celtc were up or down?

No, they got the Johnston one right last time. They said VAR should have recommended an on-field review, but didn't (because Collum didn't want to). That's where it ends. Your last line is true, but Rangers failed miserably to make that the focus in the aftermath.

We were accused of " putting refs lives at risk " after calling out the piggery cheating that day. It was scandalous.

Would be interesting to see what the 26 incorrect decisions were
Wonder why the secrecy about it. I can only imagine we've been shafted quite a lot of times while another team will be the main beneficiary of these so called mistakes.

If you don’t want to look at the amount of game changing decisions that have gone against us versus how many have for them then that’s up to you.

“Just play better” is such a simplistic view to be honest. Did we play well the first OF game of the season? Absolutely not but the Roofe goal that was disallowed would have and did change things on so many levels. That’s just one example.
I take your point, you are correct

It's not quite as cut and dried as I described earlier but generally speaking it's often the way that it's used as an excuse

Fwiw, I do keep a mental note of all the bad decisions that go against us, but you are fighting a losing battle. As long as human beings are refereeing games, mistakes will be made. Other teams have gripes as well it's not just us

Before VAR this place was desperate for it to be introduced because we were sick of all the missed decisions. Hammer throwers injuring our players, goals disallowed, penalties not given. How many times did. The compliance officer %^*& us over, now VAR deals with it in game

Yes VAR can be improved/refined over time but the major issue for me is the quality and depth of top flight referees.

And the Sterling red card wrong despite our appeal being thrown
Two of the red cards they deemed incorrect (Dundee v Killie and Sterling’s) were both sent to the monitor, confirmed as reds, appealed and confirmed again. SFA is not fit for purpose.

Would be interesting to see what the 26 incorrect decisions were
I actually think it would be more beneficial to show the numbers for incorrect decisions onfield

Ie 1181 var reviews and lay the stats out for each team.

That would include the penalties only var awards us because the refs don't goals disallowed fouls even offsides

Back