VAR question - serious foul play

I know. It doesn't make it right though. People clambering for anything to point at and state cheating is east-end behavior. It was a yellow card all day long though.

I think that's the main issue tbh, the fact the ref didn't even deem it worthy of a yellow in real time.

I thought the player was already on a booking,so did VAR decide it wasn’t a Red Card offence last night then played on meaning no Yellow Card can be shown which means the Celtic player got away with making a bad challenge that should have resulted in a second Yellow being issued?
Celtic haven’t had a yellow in the last three games.

What about the tackle by D utd player in Livi game. High and reckless only booked.
And even after that he pulled a Livi players shirt as he was going past him but no second booking. Goodwin knew he got away with one ( or two ) and immediately subbed the player ( Freeman ) so they finished with 11 men on the park.

And even after that he pulled a Livi players shirt as he was going past him but no second booking. Goodwin knew he got away with one ( or two ) and immediately subbed the player ( Freeman ) so they finished with 11 men on the park.
Any of our players and talked about for months with VAR being in our favour, anyone else and it's a quick comment of they got away with one there and that's the end off it. We are getting legitimate correct decisions proved by var and they are still moaning.

I thought the player was already on a booking,so did VAR decide it wasn’t a Red Card offence last night then played on meaning no Yellow Card can be shown which means the Celtic player got away with making a bad challenge that should have resulted in a second Yellow being issued?

They didn't have any player booked last night. Foul was given with no card VAR stopped the game to check the tackle for serious foul play didn't deem it worthy of a red card and ref played on.

Id say it was a red.

Reckless, nowhere near getting the ball, studs down the back of the Hearts players foot.

But as another poster says, they don't get booked never mind sent off.
They have controlled the VAR agenda, they‘re morons who actually believed they’d benefit from it when anyone sane could see the beneficial refereeing applied to them particularly since the strike they caused. Now in the real world they found that VAR just applied the rules and they don’f like it so they launch this new bullsh*t that VAR is deliberately biased against them and the usual Masonic guff is put out and supported by the corrupt MSM in cold water Cuba. Pathetic the player should have been sent off.

It’s not a red imo. He attempts to pull away last second, there’s not enough force in the tackle either to deem it dangerous.

The picture flying about makes it look horrendous.

It is a yellow though.

I think the other point about VAR is that its all very well pointing to the odd decision we do get but we have no idea what happens if there is a title race and the pressure is right on.

My guess is we get more of the playing dumb you see on the pitch in almost every fixture. Scottish officials were always going to have their safe way of doing things, that was never going to change.

Will we get Var decisions against Celtic ? im not so sure myself the tim centre back spends every old firm holding onto our strikers or attacking players and he knows it will never be punished.

I am not surprised Alan Muir was the ref that ignored it he blanks lots of these sort of decisions in our games when he should be booking our opponents, or maybe even 2nd yellows and red.

I had high hopes that Var would change our game in that way but it hasn’t made a fucking difference
Its made a big difference in the tims games the teams they come up against are terrified of even tackling them. The refs and tv replays, have completely cleaned up their fixtures. The Celtic ladies team probably deal with more hard tackling and physical play. Who remembers last bad tackle on one of them ? i dont.

(i know they blanked the shocker above but that is obv cos it was by a tim not on one)

Back