VAR, surely even the sceptics among our fan base would be happy for it now.

It was a penalty.

Kent would have been off, VAR can’t challenge second yellow cards.

Hayes would have been off, agreed.
I think its 100% needed and would be ran as shambolically.
I don't know why its so hard you can generally get the decisions correct after 1 reply from the house.

It would still have been a penalty. Plus the death by slow motion would have given the McGregor incident too.

Hayes would have been off.

Kent decision wouldn’t have been changed.
Is that because it’s not in the rules to check or that he was deservedly sent off?

It has the potential to take some of the more obvious bias/cheating out of the equation, but isn't anywhere near being a panacea.

Every goal will be reviewed, which might help, but the VAR officials will still decide what to ask the referee to review; and will still have the autonomy to make marginal calls.

The opportunities for the systemic bias we face will be reduced, but not eliminated.
I come from a world where something is surely better than nothing. Anyone who thinks the Tims could have had a handball goal stand, or a goal scored with 3 offside players (just two high profile instances of a loooong list) and that VAR could credibly not intervene in those situations…. I do not understand their thinking.

If an honest VAR system had been in place for this season, then we’d already be out of sight.

With our current crop of referees, Celtic will always oppose VAR as they’re worth at least 12 points a season for them

So it is only paranoia if i suggest a ref would watch a tv replay and still give a dishonest or biased decision on what hes seen, but you can say the refs are hiding behind honest mistakes.

A an incredibly paranoid take on things in my view.

No, but in a high stakes game, as it currently stands, a referee could simply not have the bottle to give a big / controversial decision and just say he never got a good view of it.

VAR removes that.

Offsides and handballs are other areas where Celtic have had a good few decisions in their favour this season.

No, but in a high stakes game, as it currently stands, a referee could simply not have the bottle to give a big / controversial decision and just say he never got a good view of it.

VAR removes that.

Offsides and handballs are other areas where Celtic have had a good few decisions in their favour this season.
Ok its about bottle thank god for that i thought some of the refs were corrupt and enjoyed cheating.

But If they lack bottle though they might shite themselves at giving decisions against the tims or to Rangers after watching the telly.

VAR wouldve spotted the push in the box before the ball was headed onto Alfies arm. Dont think it wouldve had been used in the Hayes incident because the game wasnt stopped. Unless the 4th official might have intervened ! Would it have been used in the two Kent bookings? I'm not sure.

Would it really make a difference? It'll be run by the same people we're on here complaing about. I dont believe for 1 minute folk watching would be in any way impartial. To me it would make zero difference.

if bears can't see why Rangers are pushing for VAR, tell us why.
Because the people running Rangers are blind to the stuff we see every week and the use of VAR in this country will have many people suspicious of those controlling its use. A VAR with interpretation in operation for Celtic and another VAR interpreted to be seen not to favour Rangers.
It's the mistrust up here and it's not just since 2012 that many feel that way.

Back