Very interesting few days for the scottish media

Musonda is set to arrive on an 18-month agreement – which woulIt’s understood the Hoops will pay a loan fee, in addition to a significant portion of his Stamford Bridge wage. The gifted attacker only signed a new lucrative five-year deal at Chelsea last month.

But Rodgers made Musonda his top target at the start of the window and the Parkhead board have backed their manager.

The 21-year-old has attracted interest from across Europe – but the Celtic gaffer has persuaded him to move north.

Musonda is now keen to get the deal done and barring any last-minute hitches, he could arrive in Glasgow as early as Rodgers has been looking for a No10 since arriving at Celtic and views the Belgian’s arrival as a major coup

!

Celtic beat off competition from Leganes, Roma and Nottingham Forest.

Just the start of the hype

So we get absolute pelters from everyone outside our club because we have signed players on short term loans with options to buy, yet the scum sign players on long term loans and they are heralded for it.

So celtic with there millions in the bank are signing loan players .so where is all this money they claim to have gone.

Their wage bill is absolutely massive. While they've taken in a fair amount of CL cash, it's all gone on their wages.

The might turnover large figures but the profit isn't as significant. Turnover for vanity and all that...

So celtic with there millions in the bank are signing loan players .so where is all this money they claim to have gone.

In August I seen a piece online from the Record with a few journalists talking about how Celtic will spend their millions they have banked on constructing a team to challenge in the CL.

They highlighted six players to be brought in all in the £10m each bracket. So I make that £60m they were talking about them having to spend and this is before the millions and millions ( we are told) they just raked in from the vDijk sale.

And they have brought in, what? A 32 year German and a guy from the Scottish Championship, who has been loaned back out, and maybe followed that up with another multi season loan player!

And no one anywhere within the media is questioning where exactly all these tens of millions have gone? Something not right in all this.

So we get absolute pelters from everyone outside our club because we have signed players on short term loans with options to buy, yet the scum sign players on long term loans and they are heralded for it.

All they're doing is potentially adding value for the host club, they won't see a penny and will be paying a fortune for the loan.

Their wage bill is absolutely massive. While they've taken in a fair amount of CL cash, it's all gone on their wages.

The might turnover large figures but the profit isn't as significant. Turnover for vanity and all that...
Like i,ve said before no champions league then they run at a loss.just the same as we did under murray

So thirtysomething crocks, loan signings, Championship players and low ball offers to other Premier League clubs?

I had a look at the number of loan signings us and them have made in the last 10 years (since 2008/09 season). Counting players like Bartley or Roberts as a separate signing for each season they played both clubs have made 24 loan signings. That includes the 5 Newcastle players foisted on us by Ashley (2 of whom were unfit and didn’t play at all) and spans a time period where we had 2 CL group stage appearances and 4 years in the lowers leagues. They have had a free run at 5 league titles in that period (our admin year and our time in the lower leagues) and 5 CL group stage appearances.

Over to you impartial mhedia.

Last edited:
In August I seen a piece online from the Record with a few journalists talking about how Celtic will spend their millions they have banked on constructing a team to challenge in the CL.

They highlighted six players to be brought in all in the £10m each bracket. So I make that £60m they were talking about them having to spend and this is before the millions and millions ( we are told) they just raked in from the vDijk sale.

And they have brought in, what? A 32 year German and a guy from the Scottish Championship, who has been loaned back out, and maybe followed that up with another multi season loan player!

And no one anywhere within the media is questioning where exactly all these tens of millions have gone? Something not right in all this.
They want mate the journalists in this country are in peter lawells back pocket.. the record is a shinning example of whats wrong with the printed media in this country .nothing more than a celtic propaganda sheet.but they want to prodect their printing deals with celtic..

I'm sure there is plenty documents and articles regarding the co op loan that was to be paid in full in 2019. If this is true and no restructure of the loan happens they scum will have to downsize very very soon .

A quick google will show this loan is in their accounts and 19 million is to be paid back in 2019

Last edited:
Griffiths confirmed out for 4 weeks, Gordon confirmed 12 weeks

Will they panic buy?

Was kind of hoping they would be out for at least double that time.

Maybe they will be in that much of a panic they will sign a keeper and striker who can’t play in the EL like their German signing!! That would be funny.

That will make a dent in there finances next year. If they miss out on champions league they will be in trouble
Sadly we just look that little bit away from stopping the champions league qualification, although anything can still happen . I think they would be crippled if the did not make qualifiers , dembele unsold is also crippling them.

Sadly we just look that little bit away from stopping the champions league qualification, although anything can still happen . I think they would be crippled if the did not make qualifiers , dembele unsold is also crippling them.
Im sure i read that champions league qualification is gonna be harder next season

Musonda is set to arrive on an 18-month agreement – which woulIt’s understood the Hoops will pay a loan fee, in addition to a significant portion of his Stamford Bridge wage. The gifted attacker only signed a new lucrative five-year deal at Chelsea last month.

But Rodgers made Musonda his top target at the start of the window and the Parkhead board have backed their manager.

The 21-year-old has attracted interest from across Europe – but the Celtic gaffer has persuaded him to move north.

Musonda is now keen to get the deal done and barring any last-minute hitches, he could arrive in Glasgow as early as Rodgers has been looking for a No10 since arriving at Celtic and views the Belgian’s arrival as a major coup

!

Celtic beat off competition from Leganes, Roma and Nottingham Forest.

Just the start of the hype

They beat up to 24 teams for his signature if you believe big Brenda’s latest dictat on Sky Sports. He’s such a weird colour I couldn’t see if his brass neck was glowing lol

They beat up to 24 teams for his signature if you believe big Brenda’s latest dictat on Sky Sports. He’s such a weird colour I couldn’t see if his brass neck was glowing lol

"A big thank you must go to Chelsea. He's a shining light in their academy. There were 24 other clubs interested in signing him." Brendan

Now this is despite only 3 quoted by the london press in recent days ....
As i said just watch the pr machine in overdrive .... i will tip.spew keevins to be waxing lyrical despite never having seen him play .... will he trot out impact any excuse to get larrson etc etc mentioned

Probbaly the same as roberts (remember him the hype in the summer) will do well enough and then the scum will mump and moan about buying him for a couple of million

Alan.preston ... on bbc shortbread

"The best young player i have ever seen at 15 ...."

"You know he had 24 clubs after him great signing for celtic he will be sensation up her !"

Ha ha this is incredible on bbc i think
Celtic have almost actualy signed "god "

Theres never been a player who had 24 teams after him ..... your wrong Alan
Every major team in europe wants dembellend ....
Oh wait .....

Hes only here because of rodgers this is comedy gold

Last edited:
It is like a weird episode of the Twilight Zone ?

Cash Rich club, needing to build a squad so it is in place and settled for their (assumed) C/L qualifiers, done NOTHING of note in transfer window and then........ LOAN a Chelsea mercenary - one of their what 60 loans ?

And they have PAID for the privilege of developing this lad for Chelsea, here for 18 months with NO option to buy, and you wonder if it is a "if fit he plays" deal ?

They are ripping the scum hordes a new one yet again - where is Dirty Desmond laundering his money now ? - that biscuit tin must be overflowing yet they need a goalie and a striker and spend nothing ?

I smell shyte !

Musonda is a really good player to be honest, hope it doesn't happen for him up here.
I've not doubt he's probably a decent player. However, if he's as good as the Celtic fans and the Scottish media seem to think then there is no way on Earth he'd even be close to signing for Celtic.

Posted this on another thread... Chelsea fans not amused

'Well do we know they have to go through 4 rounds to even get to the groups?

Would be moronic if we loaned him on the chance they get into the groups.

In any case it's a poor move, we need to test him at a much higher level than the hammer throwers of Inverness or the Mountain men of Ross County.

Standard of football in Scotland is horrific and I know since I watch it every other week in the stands.'

'
Has arrived in Glasgow this morning, 18 month loan deal set to go ahead. Bizarre move... Even if he pisses over everyone week in, week out... So what? Should have gone to a Championship side over a move to Celtic.

Rodgers has a bad track record with Chelsea loanees too. McEachran and Moses moves were built upon empty promises. Don't understand this one at all.

I stopped this after confidently predicting Sinclair would be a huge flop........I concentrate on our own players now....f@ck that other mob...
How could Sinclair possibly flop, confronted by a whole lotta Rosie....

1g3m2h.jpg

Not possible to flop with that :p

I'm sure there is plenty documents and articles regarding the co op loan that was to be paid in full in 2019. If this is true and no restructure of the loan happens they scum will have to downsize very very soon .

A quick google will show this loan is in their accounts and 19 million is to be paid back in 2019

Good news.

It's as if there's been no other activity throughout Scotland. I seen it quoted as the transfer of the window...

PR Overdrive to make up for the biscuit tin mentality, yet were led to believe that we are decades behind them on and off the park!

Who's kiding who here. I know were a work in progress and yes they had a great season last year but ffs please stop with the exaggerated reporting. All the champions league money and sell on fees and they're still getting loans in...

Decades? Aye ok..:rolleyes:

We sold a better player than him to Chelsea. And Chelsea know this. The guy is a decent footballer but at his age he shouldn't be anywhere near Scottish football if he is serious about his career.

Back