Viaplay up for renewal. Yes or no?

Lambretta

Having took the deal last season for the old firm game at this point I am now up for either letting it renew or cancelling the subscription? Still got a few games out of it this season but with the announcements earlier in the season on this company, will there be any games next season worth keeping it on for another year?

They have sold the cup rights back to Premier Sports so I would cancel it. I've made sure my auto renew is switched off as I took the year out at the Semis last year as well

Thankfully I don't need to subscribe. But if it was a choice, there is no way I would renewing/subscribing. The coverage is amateur at best. TNT's coverage on non league football is better. That tells you something

I buy it when needed through Amazon Prime as I have Sky Glass, but I won’t be doing it again. Sat down to watch the Romania v Northern Ireland game and it was only being shown ‘online’, which you don’t get access to via Prime (despite it being a streaming service).

No doubt whoever takes it on will continue with the rip-off prices
They agreed a deal with Premier Sports it is currently going through process of been handed over to them

Viaplay who are a Scandinavian broadcaster had bought rights to the Internationals excluding England starting from next season plus other sports as well before that

In order to broadcast in the UK they need to apply for an operating license however it is far easier to takeover an existing broadcaster license and that what they done with Premier Sports although in the Republic or Ireland they start operate under that name so basically only changed the UK side

Last edited:
They agreed a deal with Premier Sports it is currently going through process of been handed over to them

Viaplay who are a Scandinavian broadcaster had bought rights to the Internationals excluding England starting from next season plus other sports as well before that

In order to broadcast in the UK they need to apply for an operating license however it is far easier to takeover an existing broadcaster license and that what they done with Premier Sports although in the Republic or Ireland they start operate under that name so basically only changed the UK side
Cheers

crop-11677709.jpg

Hope this helps with your decision.

I'm not being a dick but people actually pay an annual subscription for that shite?
Does not paying for such services improve them in anyway?

I’m no fan of Michael Stewart but I think Viaplay actually do a reasonable job. It’s pretty much the old BT team, is it not?

Does not paying for such services improve them in anyway?

I’m no fan of Michael Stewart but I think Viaplay actually do a reasonable job. It’s pretty much the old BT team, is it not?
If no one paid for it, it would go under. I would consider this a vast improvement. Absolute charlatans.

The Louden this season has paid over £35K to show live football
I understand that establishments such as your own have a legal requirement to pay for the live sports etc, but it must be infuriating to be robbed and have to be grateful for the service at the same time!?

I understand that establishments such as your own have a legal requirement to do so, but it must be infuriating to be robbed and have to be grateful for the service at the same time!?
We couldn't possibly not have Rangers games, no sense in complaining about something you have no control over

Reactions: SE5
We couldn't possibly not have Rangers games, no sense in complaining about something you have no control over
I'm not suggesting that you don't show the games, just asking if it pisses you off that you are essentially being extorted for the pleasure of showing those games.

That said, your position is not the same as the OPs, you have to pay for a subscription to view these games as it's the main reason people come to your pub.

Let's be honest, we are being held to ransom.
Pissed off doesn't come near to describing how I feel about it
There's literally no alternative for you in the position you are in though, hopefully the product improves for your sake, but personally, I'll stick to RTV.

Back