Video - Kilmarnock Clarke/Boyd press conference

QC Wine

Apologies if already posted

See attached link for video of this mornings press conference.

Boyd “ I’ve brought my kids up right - they’re not Protestant or Catholic “ .

Clarke -“ I was brought up a Catholic - but I’m certainly not a 19th Century Terrorist “

Interesting .

If he had to ask Rangers if being catholic would be a problem then perhaps that says more about him than he'd care to recognise.
No questions about ZERO attempts at goal in cup tie and allowing his player to time waste when 2-0 down.

The big bad Rangers. Oh and poor wee Neil Lennon.

SC looks like he just wants to have a good greet.

Wheres that jim Carrey GIF

What an absolute car crash of a press conference.

Clarke is a bumbling buffoon who seems intent on digging his way to the earths core.

He should have been challenged with his comment on Rangers signing policy before Maurice Johnston, a total fabrication and like his other comments just playing the poor, woe is me, victim card.

Pathetic.

The conference itself is one thing; how the media will report it quite possibly another.

If the objective is simply to highlight mindless sectarian attitudes that still infect a small group of supporters on either side of the Old Firm divide and state that it has no place in a tolerant and enlightened society, great, but will the media be as balanced with their coverage?

Watch this space.

Stop bigotry?

Easy stop segregation in schools.
Kids who go to RC schools are 99% certain to become Cellic supporters
Non RC schools do not automatically produce Rangers supporters
I’ll bet Boyd doesn’t send his kids to an RC school, private probably but integrated.

We all know stopping segregation in schools will never happen so the bigotry will continue.

So he manages to avoid mentioning Celtic when passing comment on recent events in the first few minutes, instead lumping it in Rangers.

I'm sure just an oversight.........

Clarke -“ I was brought up a Catholic - but I’m certainly not a 19th Century Terrorist “

Interesting .
. Your right your no warrior just auld drunk poor me poor me f**k off

Last edited:
I’m assuming Boyd is an athaest then if he says “ I’ve done the right thing by my kids they aren’t catholic or Protestant “ ?

i've said it for ages on here that killie and there fans are wannabe t_aigs

there fans chant dirty orange bas****s at us just like the green and grey filth, you only have to read there messageboard and pie and bovril to see the levels of hatred they have for us, nothing but t_aigs without the busfare, hence i refer to them as Timarnock

An old boy at work this morning said to me what’s that prick on about.
Do you think Bill Struth or BJK would lose any sleep.
The mans a fkn idiot.

Can’t argue with a word of that.

Just watched the video, don't see anything wrong in what Clarke and Boyd said. They could have said more and, I think, would have if the mhedia had been genuinely interested in opening this up. They won't go there.
Mhedia question "do you think this behaviour has been normalised in Scotland?" Boyd, or Clarke, should have responded "What constitutes 'normalised?' I'll direct this to everyone of you in here, what was your response when I had the exact same bile directed at me, the exact same, and, even worse, was hit with a coin last Sunday? Anyone? Where were the comments from government? What did the SFA say about it?"
Is that what you mean by normalised?"

Interesting .
Think you've taken what Boyd said well out of context there mate.

Boyd looks utterly embarrassed throughout. Seems like he was only wheeled out to support SC's agenda but preceded to pretty much disagree with everything Clarke said. Made him look like a big baby.

Stop bigotry?

Easy stop segregation in schools.
Kids who go to RC schools are 99% certain to become Cellic supporters
Non RC schools do not automatically produce Rangers supporters
I’ll bet Boyd doesn’t send his kids to an RC school, private probably but integrated.

We all know stopping segregation in schools will never happen so the bigotry will continue.
Exactly.

I was watching Rangers v Kilmarnock in the first match, my 7 year old grandaughter asked me who I was watching?
Rangers, I said to her.
She then says, all the boys in my class HATE Rangers.
That's from a 7 year old kid.
If they are bigots at 7 years old, there is no hope for them.

Will it ever change? IMHO, no it won't, until society changes and we don't have apartheid schooling for children from the age of 5.

Interesting .
So Ckarke admits a Catholic isnt a 19th Century Terrorist we all know he's right of course.

Spiers will be distraught

What do you mean bud , that’s exactly what he said .
In the context of what he was saying he basically meant he hasn't brought his kids up to follow the Catholic or Protestant way of bigotry. It's a bit too long winded though to try and listen to it all and qoute it.

Its utterly bizarre now

It's mental

The idea that a hypocritical jakeball manager and a halfwit footballer lecture us on how to solve the ills of sectarianism in society is beyond parody.

Clarke cannot be taken seriously. A man who claimed he never heard thousands singing abuse at Boyd. A man who never once stuck his head above the parapet whilst at Stamford Bridge whilst all sorts of racial and anti semetic abuse were flying in the dressing rooms as well as the stands NOW gets to stand on his soapbox and deliver his sermon ?

Count me out. It's absolute lunacy.

It's mental

The idea that a hypocritical jakeball manager and a halfwit footballer lecture us on how to solve the ills of sectarianism in society is beyond parody.

Clarke cannot be taken seriously. A man who claimed he never heard thousands singing abuse at Boyd. A man who never once stuck his head above the parapet whilst at Stamford Bridge whilst all sorts of racial and anti semetic abuse were flying in the dressing rooms as well as the stands NOW gets to stand on his soapbox and deliver his sermon ?

Count me out.
Not sure why Boyd deserves abuse in this scenario.

Exactly.

I was watching Rangers v Kilmarnock in the first match, my 7 year old grandaughter asked me who I was watching?
Rangers, I said to her.
She then says, all the boys in my class HATE Rangers.
That's from a 7 year old kid.
If they are bigots at 7 years old, there is no hope for them.

Will it ever change? IMHO, no it won't, until society changes and we don't have apartheid schooling for children from the age of 5.
It is the only way it can change.I started school in 1977.Only 1 boy the same age as us in our street went to a different school.
You have to ask why.
What makes them so different from the rest of the country?
Why does the working man have to fund this seperate schooling?
Why are they taught that they are right and we are wrong?
Why is child abuse so prevalent amongst this minority community?
They are factories of hate and we are the dafties that pay for it.
They are the bigots not us.

You can see Chris does not want to be there and has nothing but contempt for Clarke ..
is he going to go crying every week now when opposition fans sing about him ?

Around 9-30 Boyd nails it.

It is a society issue. The Club 1872 statement points that way as well.

The government in scotland will never accept that because then they have to talk about how separating kids at 5 when going to school affects attitudes.

The easy out for the SNP and twats like Dornan is blame Rangers, blame the marches blame anti catholic /irish attitudes. They will never accept the other side of the coin.

Clarke has been outed as a liar, not trusting a word that is coming out of his mouth.

I mean, Clarke claims to have heard nothing, yet states that he said in response to the question on Sunday that it was up to the many to sort out the few. You didn’t hear it Steve, the many and the few what? Lying two bob drunken lady's front bottom

Not sure why Boyd deserves abuse in this scenario.
Agreed. I think the penny has dropped for Boyd the past week. He's seen the hypocricy first hand now and although the sectarian banter he received didn't bother him as such, he seems to have realised that he could not allow the narrative to be set here by the usual suspects for the usual suspects. I respect him for putting himself forward into a situation not of his making, that he clearly isn't comfortable in. But he's doing it for the greater good. Admitting publicly that we (as a target group) must stop ignoring and playing down the abuse received, while the other side magnify and exaggerate theirs, is a rallying cry to all of us, and especially those involved past and present with Rangers who are exposed to poisonous bile on a daily basis. It's no longer acceptable. Time to even the playing field. Well done Kris. I can only hope he takes this attitude forward into his media work and starts to fight for more equality in reporting in football and beyond and doesn't let the bast@rds force him to pander to their agenda any longer.

I am convinced if Killie had won on Wednesday sectarian singing wouldn't have been mentioned or is that just me.

If Killie had won, there likely wouldn't be any singing suggesting Steve Clark should cheer up in fairness, which is where the issue has come from.

Back