Villa v Man Utd

Commentator said during the Spurs game, that United are fielding the same 11 for the 4th game in a row. They've not managed that since 2006.

He went over the top of the ball and caught the villa player half way up his leg and got a penalty for it?

VAR is absolutely shite.

I take it Sky are just having Pundits on that just played for the top 5-6 clubs?

Keane and Evra in the studio and Neville on commentary!

United are improving but they’ll still not get to where they want to be when they are fielding the likes of Matic, Shaw, Maguire and Lindelof every week. Matic has been done for for a few years now while the other three are average Premier League players.

Man Utd cant be far off average a penalty every second game.

No wonder when they’re getting penalties for fouls their players are committing.

I can see a lot of use in VAR but it’s pointless if you’ve got blind men watching Fernandes foul the defender and decide to award it the other way. Pointless

I'm not watching this, but I think that's the first time a whole thread has been in unison with a VAR decision. It must have been really bad.

Fernandes is a cheating bastard
Holding his ankle howling when it wasn't touched
Then a glance at ref and more howls for effect

Hell of a player though.

I have no idea how that was given. I don't really get Neville's "I understand why it was given" line either. It was immediately obvious to me it wasn't a penalty.

I'd feel a bit sorrier for Villa and the penalty if most of their attacking play didn't revolve around Grealish hitting the deck.

Back