Match Thread Villarreal v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

Their gameplan is to stop Arfield from getting any time on the ball and that's stopping us ticking. The second he receives the ball, someone's on top of him. If he had someone sticking close to him to receive a quick 1-2 whenever he gets the ball, then we'd get a lot more joy.

Rubbish cross from that. Good position need to a lot better from set pieces as they look like our best chance at scoring here.

I prefer referees err'ing on the side of caution, rather than trying to make a name for themselves and dishing out the cards, but that was surely a booking for the push on Kent?

I was pilloried in a match prediction thread for saying we would lose without our key players , that was before we knew katic was dropped .

However I have to say I think we’ve done okay here all things considered . Some of the negativity on this thread is appalling.

What was that ffs.

Chance for a shot at goal and we play it straight out the park.

Tav needs removed from set plays just now.

When did Tav stop taking the shot with free kicks? He was deadly at free kicks when he arrived! He should have buried that in the top bin!

I came into the match tonight not expecting to much.A decent display and anything out of it a bonus.I think we’ve been a bit lucky to be only one behind still.Maybe gave them a wee bit to much respect they are a good team but not amazing.Anyway come on Rangers give us a goal.

Lafferty wanted to ram that free kick home as soon as we won it, Tav talked/argued him out of it so he could put a shite cross in, I reckon he should be letting him have a go if he fancies it.

Poor call by the captain.

Back