Virgil van dick? Thoughts?

A cracking defender but he will make a mistake and give a striker a chance now and again.
If Ramos was in danger of doing that hecwoukd simply break the strikers leg.
That's a proper defender.

I don't think he's achieved anything to suggest he's even in the same conversation as Ramos.

Ramos is quite possibly the best central defender of all time on honours alone.

Van Dijk won a few tainted titles at Celtic and has stopped Liverpool from finishing 5th.

Pique and Puyol would run Ramos close.

Has everything you need in a modern day defender. Not at Ramos's level yet, but he will improve. In the top 5 maybe top 3 in thevworld.

Has everything you need in a modern day defender. Not at Ramos's level yet, but he will improve. In the top 5 maybe top 3 in thevworld.

He's like a few very good footballers, will be stuck at 'very good' because they lack the mentality to go to the next level,

Not on the same planet as Ramos. Better comparison would be with Laporte. He will be ahead of VVD shortly if he keeps progressing under Pep.

He isn’t close to the likes of Ramos or Godin at the moment.

Excellent player and very easy on the eye when on the ball, but best in the world? Not for me, yet.

When the filth got £7m for him, I thought that it was the Southampton helping Them again, but the guy has turned in to one of the best CH’s in the world, and Soton got £50m for him.

He is very good indeed but instead of tracking Lacazette at the weekend he glanced over his shoulder at the linesman to see if Lacazettte was off. When Lacazette had the ball and was about to shoot he, very stupidly, moved away from the goal line making it easier for Lacazette to score. And he was out jumped tonight.

Two games, two massive mistakes. More than Ramos has made in his four winning CL finals or Godin made in in all his games at the last WC.

Great player- has it all and will keep improving.

Those saying Ramos is over rated clearly have no idea what they are talking about the guy is arguably the best and most decorated centre half to ever have played football - the only ones I think that run him close would be the likes of Puyol / Beckenbaur and Baresi

The guy is an absolute monster - what a player.

Getting beat 2 nil lol

WATP
Just seen the second goal for Red Star.
I agree with most of the posters in that he’s a quality player.
Didn’t look like it tonight though.
His play at the second goal would have a Rangers centre back shot, metaphorically speaking.

World class but not the best

Off the top of my head Pique, Ramos, Chiellini, Vertonghen, Hummels, Umtiti, Bonucci, Varane, Godin are all better than him imo

Southampton done fantastic work with him. Although I don't think he's in the top 5 defenders in the world right now.

Back