"Virtual SPFL season ticket" on its way from Sky

I think details will be few and far between until we get nearer the time.

If they say a virtual season ticket is available to all to buy then it could mean a lot of season ticket holders don't renew their main season ticket and just go with the virtual ticket as it would no doubt be cheaper.

But if they say there a limit on numbers and it will only be available to season ticket holders then there's a chance those swaying about renewing or not will just stump up and renew.

If our own streaming of games is successful, what's to stop us telling everyone to do one and for us to stream our own games every week?

If our own streaming of games is successful, what's to stop us telling everyone to do one and for us to stream our own games every week?

Won't happen since the League own the broadcast right and we are part of that League

So we are forced to prop up the diddy clubs for pennies, when we could be pulling in millions? I really love Scottish football! :rolleyes:

If the game was marketed right then we would have decent income but we don't currently due to those in charge

Out of interest how much do you think we could bring in per season ifwe could sell the right ourselve?

If the game was marketed right then we would have decent income but we don't currently due to those in charge

Out of interest how much do you think we could bring in per season ifwe could sell the right ourselve?

Not sure, but I suspect it would be more than what we currently get.

Let's say we have 50k subs all paying £10 a month, which is really lowball on subs and cost, that is £6 million a year.

Not sure, but I suspect it would be more than what we currently get.

Let's say we have 50k subs all paying £10 a month, which is really lowball on subs and cost, that is £6 million a year.

Yeah I guess it would be down to the amount of subscriptions if we got £6m a year we have done well

Would reckon around £3m-£4m is more realistic to start with IMO

Yeah I guess it would be down to the amount of subscriptions if we got £6m a year we have done well

Would reckon around £3m-£4m is more realistic to start with IMO

Which I am sure is more than what we currently get. Only there is so much more room for growth than being locked into a 5 year deal on table scraps.

Which I am sure is more than what we currently get. Only there is so much more room for growth than being locked into a 5 year deal on table scraps.

Yes which is right but if as I said if we marketed it right the income would be far greater than now using a broadcaster

I got much the same with Private Internet Access, might even have been slightly cheaper. ExpressVPN and NordVPN seem top dogs with the former probably just getting top spot. Well worth the investment if you are intending using RangersTV in the UK or RoI on a regular basis. If only every UK-based subscriber would get a decent VPN I could 'retire' myself from the endless RangersTV threads.:)

I dread to think what's coming when this VST kicks in.:)
It's probably been said before but it would be great if the club could partner up with a good vpn provider as a sponsor. They wouldnt need to mention it's for RTV to avoid any possible legal issues, as the fans groups could get the word out.
Who would be best to speak to at the club about this?

It's probably been said before but it would be great if the club could partner up with a good vpn provider as a sponsor. They wouldnt need to mention it's for RTV to avoid any possible legal issues, as the fans groups could get the word out.
Who would be best to speak to at the club about this?

I don’t think the Club would touch it with a barge pole mate. They cannot be seen to be endorsing, however remotely, the use of a VPN to watch matches in the UK by disguising your location. In fact, most of us fear the Club May be forced to move in the other direction and clamp down on such use.

As to who to contact, I’d guess at either James Bisgrove as Commercial Director or, perhaps more realistically at an early stage, the SLO.

My problem with the 'Virtual' Season ticket for same price of a normal ST is less emphasis for clubs to push for fans to return promptly
The costs for hosting a match (stewards/police/various matchday operators/+ any enhanced social distancing measures) compared against the only additional income of non ST sales will IMO mean little incentive for the club to put pressure for a swift return.
With the voucher/refund business they know we the support are mugs

Should families/households get any sort of extra discount?
Fella we know has 5 ST in the same household and he simply can't afford them all, just to sit round the same TV together to watch the matches.

Back