VR headset season tickets

Class of 72

I was at the nou camp a couple of years ago and me and the boy did the tour. There’s a VE headset portion of the tour that’s magic.
I was just wondering does anyone know if the club has investigated a VR season ticket. Basically live games you can watch via your headset.
I live down south so can’t get to many games. This would be the next best thing.

If they aren't looking at it just now, they will eventually. I've been saying for years they're bound to start selling tickets to concerts for VR soon, then last year I seen an article on it.

Not sure how live action works on VR but if it's possible, it would be brilliant, especially for fans less able bodied.

Absolutely no way they will do this

They can’t. Maybe outwith the Uk but broadcasting won’t allow it within.

Not a bad idea, but who owns it - the club or the TV companies?

Sky ran this concept 'Sky Worlds' for 3 years where 'football lovers could catch Premier League matches as if they were seated in the real stadium as the action unfolds on the pitch below' but shut it down at the beginning of this year.

Folk stream fitba via the bigstream app on the quest vr headset. Basically a cinema
That gives the VR experience of watching it on a massive screen, what would be cool if you had the immersive experience of being in the stadium, for example you look down and see your feet and paper cups, look up you see the sky, look behind you see the guy shouting to hoof it forward etc.

Might sound stupid but I've been wondering lately if one day decades from now footballers will have tiny cams sown into a part of their kit, and you'll be able to toggle through players and view the game from their perspective if you want during a match.
A lot of people would get a shock at how quick top level football actually is I think!

I’d like to know how to do it I’ve just had a Quick Look on there with Amazon and it was unreal

I'm not sure if folk were just using streaming websites. I'm sure it was a newcastle, sunderland game that was on, good few folk watching it and dishing out abuse. :D

Stuff like that definitely has potential

A lot of people would get a shock at how quick top level football actually is I think!
We done a training video at Ibrox with Raskin wearing a camera and as you say it’s fast. I would like to see one on their heads so you can see what they see rather than just the forward view from a camera on the chest.

I think there are other similar videos on YouTube

Not a bad idea, but who owns it - the club or the TV companies?

Sky ran this concept 'Sky Worlds' for 3 years where 'football lovers could catch Premier League matches as if they were seated in the real stadium as the action unfolds on the pitch below' but shut it down at the beginning of this year.

I enjoyed it, watched villa vs Man Utd either boxing day or the 27th 1 year

That gives the VR experience of watching it on a massive screen, what would be cool if you had the immersive experience of being in the stadium, for example you look down and see your feet and paper cups, look up you see the sky, look behind you see the guy shouting to hoof it forward etc.
And with a pint in your hand too

Oh 100%. Once you develop it I'm happy to test :D

Probably a stupid thought but I've been wondering lately if one day decades from now footballers will have tiny cams sown into a part of their kit, and you'll be able to toggle through players and view the game from their perspective if you want during a match.
Dont think that's stupid at all.. we already get refcam in the 6 nations.

Probably a stupid thought but I've been wondering lately if one day decades from now footballers will have tiny cams sown into a part of their kit, and you'll be able to toggle through players and view the game from their perspective if you want during a match.
I’m sure I saw this in pre season last year. Think it was Tielemans for Villa wore one in a game vs Newcastle

Is this the thing that you see on Youtube/Tiktok where someone is watching a boxing match and punches a standard lampshade?
If so no thanks as I would probably wreck the room when we scored against them.

:)):)):))

Absolutely no way they will do this

They can’t. Maybe outwith the Uk but broadcasting won’t allow it within.
Broadcasting will change dramatically in the next 5 years. I can't see many people having a typical sky box then.

VR is still in its junior stage, though.

If they aren't looking at it just now, they will eventually. I've been saying for years they're bound to start selling tickets to concerts for VR soon, then last year I seen an article on it.

Not sure how live action works on VR but if it's possible, it would be brilliant, especially for fans less able bodied.
I’d probably still end up with some 7 foot tall bobblehead in front of me!

Folk on here "VAR is shite in Scotland because there's no enough cameras!"

Also folk on here: "VR headsets that let you have a full 360 view of the live game where you can look down and see your feet or the guy next to you... chances?"

F1 already has the camera inside the helmet giving you the drivers view of his race, lights and visor make it a bit hard to see but for football stick it on Cantwells hair band, sorted

Don't think it's viable for the club... just yet. The problem I think companies have when it comes to VR at the minute is getting headsets into people's homes. They're expensive and until recently took a powerful PC rig to get the most out of it.

With the likes of Apple coming to the table with headsets now, it will help speed up the process but we're still a long way away.

I think the other potential problem is that some fans, potentially even myself, would see it as a fun gimmick type of thing that is fun to do once in a blue moon but soon enough I'd tell myself I'd rather be at the game than watching it through a headset.

I'm not sure there would be a large enough and regular enough uptake for us to consider the cost of using it, certainly for now.

Don't think it's viable for the club... just yet. The problem I think companies have when it comes to VR at the minute is getting headsets into people's homes. They're expensive and until recently took a powerful PC rig to get the most out of it.

With the likes of Apple coming to the table with headsets now, it will help speed up the process but we're still a long way away.

I think the other potential problem is that some fans, potentially even myself, would see it as a fun gimmick type of thing that is fun to do once in a blue moon but soon enough I'd tell myself I'd rather be at the game than watching it through a headset.

I'm not sure there would be a large enough and regular enough uptake for us to consider the cost of using it, certainly for now.
A VR stadium tour would be achievable with the tech available at the moment.

The drone video Rangers did was fantastic.

i am sure i have seen this happen before think maybe was MLS it looked weird like a game of FIFA

Mind I tried watching the World Cup or Euros a few years ago on VR it was class, you could choose where you sat either behind the goal, on the main stand etc and change whenever you liked, it was a whole different experience than watching on the TV as you could watch things off the ball and that rather than being stuck with the camera on the TV. Really enjoyed it but definitely big room for improvement.

I feel sick after less than 10 mins of using those VR headsets. Not really suited to live sport unless the tech improves massively in the coming years

I'm sure there would be a disclaimer.

"All injuries caused by the attendance of the VR Match is the sole responsibility of the person attending the VR Match".

Was there not already something like that we did with Niko Raskin during a training session at Ibrox? Looked really cool.

Edit: found it.

A VR stadium tour would be achievable with the tech available at the moment.

The drone video Rangers did was fantastic.

Achievable, yes. Worth it financially? Probably not.

I can't see there being an army of Rangers fans sitting at home with VR headsets ready to pay their fee and get the headset on. Different situation entirely to the EPL who have a potential audience of 4.7 billion people apparently.

Sounds very sociable. Let’s get a few mates round and stick a headset on to watch football :rolleyes: let me guess they come with built in vapes haha keep the kids happy

I had an Oculus VR headset a few years back. They had NFL highlights you could watch in VR like you were on the sideline. It was ok, the resolution of the video wasn't great so when the teams were up one end of the park, you could just see blurry men running about.. You could also watch concerts in VR too.

I think once there's been improvements in the quality of the image, it could be fantastic.

BT Sport experimented with this for a Champions League final few years back.

Think it was in Cardiff - Madrid v Juve.

I remember switching it off after 10 minutes and just watching on TV but technology has improved since then.

VR sport is not actually VR… as in… it has no stereoscopic depth. It’s just a giant flat image wrapped around a virtual head.

I watched a bit of the 2018 World Cup as BBC did an official broadcast and it was shite, compared to normal broadcasts.

Why would I watch from a fixed camera angle when I could get replays, multi camera, etc?

I installed the Big Screen app for quest 3. It's decent. Lot of dodgy films and live footy being streamed.

Anyway, I was bored watching with some shit like Fast 10... In the app you can whip out virtual popcorn and drinks etc. There was a guy sat in front of me. From my virtual jacket I whipped out some popcorn and had a fucking right good howl placing the empty popcorn container over his head. I then jumped to a seat up the back and watched him get up, take it off and look round about him.

He then proceeded to single out some unlucky bloke sat close by and skelped him with virtual tomatoes.

Childish, and I don't know if it truly blocked his sight of the screen, but i was fucking gutting myself like a wee lassie watching it unfold.

I installed the Big Screen app for quest 3. It's decent. Lot of dodgy films and live footy being streamed.

Anyway, I was bored watching with some shit like Fast 10... In the app you can whip out virtual popcorn and drinks etc. There was a guy sat in front of me. From my virtual jacket I whipped out some popcorn and had a fucking right good howl placing the empty popcorn container over his head. I then jumped to a seat up the back and watched him get up, take it off and look round about him.

He then proceeded to single out some unlucky bloke sat close by and skelped him with virtual tomatoes.

Childish, and I don't know if it truly blocked his sight of the screen, but i was fucking gutting myself like a wee lassie watching it unfold.
Will need to give this a try! The app that is lol

Although I’ve tried some rooms in Meta Horizons and it’s a lefty fucking cringe fest and screaming kids. I’ll stick to Pop One. Great metaverse shooter.

i have a meta quest vr you do exactly this with nascar racing
you can look down all around you cant see spectators i imagine for data protection reasons but its amazing

i had a discussion with someone i know who install footballs stadium networks (spurs) as i was asking how they cope with the bandwidth required for so many people in such a small area and got talking about the possibility of selling premium seats via VR he reckons its already in the pipeline its a no brainer which means the rest of the world will do it and scotland 10 years after everyone else

if were honest the crumbs we get from sky are worth losing for a system like this upgrading the stadium to accommodate the season ticket waiting list isn't feasible or even at all likely to ever happen
this would a be a very cost effective way to compromise that, its not perfect and not as good as the real thing but as close as you will get to actually being their without being their

don't take my word for it if you have a friend who has a vr get a shot its astonishing and will only get better

VR sport is not actually VR… as in… it has no stereoscopic depth. It’s just a giant flat image wrapped around a virtual head.

I watched a bit of the 2018 World Cup as BBC did an official broadcast and it was shite, compared to normal broadcasts.

Why would I watch from a fixed camera angle when I could get replays, multi camera, etc?
For someone that can’t go anymore I would forego replays to watch the whole pitch. Not have to deal with replays when the ball is quickly back in play, shots of the managers as well, zooming in on players on the ball and not being able to see any other player.

You can look at players making runs into the box instead of just the player on the ball.

If the tech was good enough I think it would be good. Though having never tried a vr headset I’d probably get sick after 10 minutes. :))

VR is something that i have no interest in, personally. However, i'm 30 and old before my time some would say!

That said, i can see it happening in the future. As a previous poster says, the Sky model won't go on forever. Can't see it happening in the next round of rights, but maybe there will be a shift in the set after that - that's 2035 which is 11 years from now. Technology will have improved in terms of VR.

Amazon/DAZN will improve their technologies whilst making more money from respective services which will give them a huge warchest to go for it in terms of the 2035 bidding.

There's that great clip from 1994 which came to light again after the Super League debacle:

Back