Waiting for a bus ain't so bad nowadays

Beer Belly Loyal

gn20.png

House/ pack of cards statement will come to fruition if we win the league this season. Straight into champions league while they flounder about wondering if they are even going to qualify for any type of European football in the considerable future.

I don't think you could really, we needed the win, we needed to be Champions again, for the team, for us and for Gerrard.
Winning this season would be big but nothing in my lifetime will be bigger than 55
Actually, I don't want them getting anywhere near automatic qualified for the CL group stage and the instant 30million. Pretty much down to our endeavour in Europe over the past 3 seasons. They should not get a sniff of the league.

I don't think you could really, we needed the win, we needed to be Champions again, for the team, for us and for Gerrard.
Winning this season would be big but nothing in my lifetime will be bigger than 55
Of course we needed it. It was utterly wonderful. Amazing. But….as a club, (history aside) the league this year will give us a bigger platform.

We have to go all out this season to win it. If we succeed then I suspect we may do at least 5-in-a-row while SG is with us.

You could almost argue that a league win this season is bigger than last.
I know how it felt to win that 55 Papa but I have to agree with you here.
This upcoming season is much bigger than last with what is at stake.
Also SG will be desperate to show he can keep producing. I remember having a chat with one of our managers and I made a flippant comment about the next season title being in the bag.
He just looked at me with a frown, before saying, you really don't have a clue do you. He then went on to say it doesn't matter how many titles you have won the next one is always more difficult for various reasons.

You could almost argue that a league win this season is bigger than last.
It's important and a mindset the players should have to not get complacent

But I don't think there will be a bigger title than 55 ever. It just symbolises so much that I find it hard for there to ever be a title as big as it. It happening in the Terry Munro season was just the icing on top.

Back