Walker when their subs were coming on.

The Gooner

To paraphrase ‘“This is what we were talking about at half time Ally it’s where Celtic are much stronger”. Of course Ally did what Ally does and agreed with him.

The game then proceeds to total domination by the inferior Rangers players. Rogic never did a thing in the game when he came on.

Their bench is stronger on paper. It’s a big part of the reason why they’ll win the league, because the first XI’s are closely matched.

I did find it funny that Turnbull was included in this ‘strength’. He has been found out very quickly and I assume will be on his way to an English championship team in the summer

On the day - i.e. yesterday - their bench was stronger on paper. Given the players we were missing there's not much of an argument. There was little evidence of it on the pitch right enough.

If he is meaning in general then he's talking shite of course.

Spot on. Yesterday 100% the Celtic bench looked pretty impressive compared to ours. a However factor in our 6 missing first team players and it is a complete turn around.

PS Walker only ever talks shite.

His hardon for Starfelt was hilarious, he was the worst player on the park yesterday by a mile but because he won a couple of headers Walker had him motm.

To paraphrase ‘“This is what we were talking about at half time Ally it’s where Celtic are much stronger”. Of course Ally did what Ally does and agreed with him.

The game then proceeds to total domination by the inferior Rangers players. Rogic never did a thing in the game when he came on.
They had a stronger bench than us yesterday. We were underdogs from the start.
Andy Wanker wouldn't have liked mentioning that.

His argument was utter mince. Our bench has been weak for weeks due to a mounting number of injuries. We also had one player suspended yesterday.

Had everyone been fit, we’d have had all of the following either on the park or on the bench:

Hagi
Morelos
Roofe
Ramsey
Helander
Balogun

Made a c.unt of himself but Ally agreed with him.

I actually thought on paper the guys they brought on were better players than the guys they replaced

It was meant to be a show of strength from their fat manager.

1-0 up and all this “talent” on the bench to bring on in the one go whilst we have a threadbare squad to work with.

Instead we slapped them about for every minute after it and should have won the game.
In their midden as well mite I add.

Ross Wilson failed us in the January window. The likes of Amad and Sands have been well below what was needed, as shown in the number of starts each has made. Ramsey has been a gamble overall that hasn’t delivered due to injury problems. We needed strength in depth. Our finances didn’t allow it. Nonetheless, we should have had a better grasp of what kind of players were needed who could have slotted in to our team immediately. It didn’t happen. The summer will tell us if both Gio and Wilson are worth the money. We must turn this round. Bring in players with fight, heart, strength and ability.

I read yesterday in one of the threads that the Tims believe if Rogic had another yard of pace he would be up there with "Zidane". Unquestionably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I'd play Zidane as he is now before I would Rogic.

Walker bigs everything they do up, and ally chips in “got to agree with you there andy” all the time, very rarely all does the same.

Their subs were allegedly stronger than ours only because we were missing Helander, Roofe, Morelos, Hagi and Balogun. Add them in and we have a much stronger team to pick from

Don't let facts get in the way of Walker's agenda :))

Tell you what I noticed from Ally (which was very clever) was whenever there was a contentious decision or moment...silence, the coms goes dead, no kneejerk reactions, drama about bent refs or whining just actual uncomfortable silence.

I noticed it quite a few times, he is putting the burden on the cheerleaders to spout bullshit first.

He also said "In terms of the title, a draw definitely suits Celtic."

Amazing to think he is getting a wage for that.

This infuriates the life out of me.

Everyone knows Ally is a Rangers man and loves the club passionately, yet he almost goes out of his way to over compensate for it when co-commenting.

I've never liked Andy Walker. His wee weasely face, pale skin, nasal whine. I used to see him in Waverley Tearooms with Fraser Wishart quite often and hated him then too.

Lately, however, he's got worse. His wee sly digs and under his breath Tim-isms have been dialled up to 11. Bad enough having to listen to him in games v them, but worse when it's us v another side.

Arsehole.

He mentioned “Celtic had a great 10 or 15 minutes after the subs came on.”

Rangers scored 7 minutes after they came on and dominated the rest of the match!

Our first chance, nearer the start of the game when Tav whips it in, Kent gets in front of his man and scuffs it wide...

Andy Walker says 'Ye know wit that reminds me ae? That time Celtic won 3-0 at Parkhead"

What the actual %^*& :)) the guy is either a complete troll, a retard, or both.

The hyperbole used by Walker for Celtic players doing the most mundane of football tasks is ridiculous, even when they are 2nd best in the game. It must be painful for even the most neutral football fan to listen to, never mind us. If you replaced the word Celtic with Brazil, you would think you were listening to a re-run of the 1970 World Cup Final.

McCoist tries to be balanced and sometimes over compensates, but Walker‘s continual exaggerated bias is horrific. Saying that, McCoist should have called him out over our injuries as to why our bench was weakened.

The only thing the wee tramp was fair about yesterday was the handball penalty claim, as not even he could swing that towards being a penalty.

Walkers comment was about depth of squad, and Ally added that we had no “ game changers” on the bench.
It was an ideal opportunity for Ally to expand on that and remind Walker that we are without a list of first picks due to injury.
The fact Ally was so happy to agree with Walker is annoying.

On paper they had a stronger looking bench than us yesterday however we had 5 top players out injured.

Ally “I’ve got to agree with you Andy” doesn’t even bother to point out why there bench might be stronger, just had to say 6 first team players missing and put him back in his box.
Mccoist never upsets anyone that his problem

He should have said rangers have bossed Celtic in both recent games without half team

Tell you what I noticed from Ally (which was very clever) was whenever there was a contentious decision or moment...silence, the coms goes dead, no kneejerk reactions, drama about bent refs or whining just actual uncomfortable silence.

I noticed it quite a few times, he is putting the burden on the cheerleaders to spout bullshit first.
brilliant having ally backing our corner :rolleyes:

When the loudmouth Greek was getting booked for persistent fouling...."I think he's done well since he came on".....aye, ok Andy.

I cannot go him and McCoist.

When Sakala hit's the post - "he's got to do better". "He's got to go across the keeper". "He should have hit it earlier".
Give the guy a break FFS!

The only miss McCoist didn't criticise was the one where Davis shot over the bar....."He's leaning back".

Ally is like the guy who sits near you who finds fault with everything. Walker is Walker.

brilliant having ally backing our corner :rolleyes:

I get it, I really do.

However, It would be so easy to be unprofessional and blame referees etc. like the rest of them and he just doesn't. He does his job, and he does it well. Walker, Hartson, Sutton are classless.

I don't think Ally could disagree because on paper their bench does looked stronger at this moment but he could counter it with a reason. Reason is, we have the following players missing. Hagi, Roofe, Ramsey, Helander, Balogun and Morelos.

Their subs made a difference for 5 mins, were they played with a bit more urgency but that was it and it was back to us causing problems and looking the most likely to score.

Walker trying to say the big greek was having a good game, literally all he done since he came on was foul, get a yellow and fall over the ball.

Walkers persistence to just brush over Rangers being better by saying Celtic were not at it today, was really disrespectful but not new. We are missing 6 keys players, we have played more games than them our players are out on their feet and have probably now our biggest game of the season on our horizon yet we bossed this allegedly amazing team that have reinvented football, oh that is right we bossed them the week before as well. They literally scored from their only shot on target yesterday because our weakest link was doing his usual, sleeping.

I don't think Ally could disagree because on paper their bench does looked stronger at this moment but he could counter it with a reason. Reason is, we have the following players missing. Hagi, Roofe, Ramsey, Helander, Balogun and Morelos.

Their subs made a difference for 5 mins, were they played with a bit more urgency but that was it and it was back to us causing problems and looking the most likely to score.

Walker trying to say the big greek was having a good game, literally all he done since he came on was foul, get a yellow and fall over the ball.

Walkers persistence to just brush over Rangers being better by saying Celtic were not at it today, was really disrespectful but not new. We are missing 6 keys players, we have played more games than them our players are out on their feet and have probably now our biggest game of the season on our horizon yet we bossed this allegedly amazing team that have reinvented football, oh that is right we bossed them the week before as well. They literally scored from their only shot on target yesterday because our weakest link was doing his usual, sleeping.
Wasn't he even saying that Celtic threw away the league last year?

Certainly, Rangers never won it!

Heard that as well and was expecting Ally to remind him of the injuries we have to a number of quality players.
But nothing. So to the neutral supporter watching they don’t get the true picture.

Walker has got to be one of the stupidest pundits out there. Just about everything he says is wrong, all the time.

This myth that Celtic have a stronger squad or even a stronger bench was just silly. They definitely didn't. As for the hyping up that bumbling fud Rogic gets - the guy can barely run for any more than 50 yards without needing a break. He relies entirely in people standing off him and giving him space.

Their bench wasn't stronger in terms of quality of player.

They just had more attacking options available to them than we did. Are any of their subs better players than Jack and Kamara?

Is Giakoumakis better than Itten?

Is Welsh better than Sands or King?

In the end the most influential sub that came on was Scott Wright.

Back