Wall Street Journal says Saudi Wealth Fund to buy Newcastle FC

How much do you need now to challenge the likes of Man City?

Half a billion at least I reckon. Probably £1 billion is more realistic.

I winder if they’ll still be interested when they look under the bonnet. Look at the trouble we’ve had with the scumbag and he wasn’t as immersed.

Hate to see the fat man getting a wedge but Newcastle fans deserve shot of him.

Same shit every transfer window - and the interest will disappear the day after it closes

There seems to have been a few interested parties over the years, but you do wonder whether anyone will actually succeed in buying them given the mess of caveats the Fat Man has no doubt slipped in.

A SWF may have lots of money, however if they invest in Newcastle it will for investment purposes and not for and an individual’s profile and / or hobby.

In other words, they will be looking for a return on their investment rather than spending lots of money for no return.

I’d be willing to put money on Ashley still being their owner this time next year.

This in spades.

Any one buying Newcastle would still be tied to the fat conman by ways of securities and lengthy repayment terms against loans and a multitude of onerous sponsorship deals and contracts which would continue to do nothing more that hoover money out of the club. Much like he tried to do with ourselves.

The only way anyone not connected with the c*nt would buy Newcastle would be if all sponsorships and contracts with his companies were cancelled immediately and they were allowed to pay back the loans he’s given to Newcastle immediately and with no further payments or penalties.

The fat w*nk would be looking for an eye watering amount of money to do that. Way way above the market value of the club so for that reason it’s not going to happen.

I don't see Ashley going anywhere. We have seen how stubborn he is. Im sure any sale he proposed will still depend on him being tied into the clubs marketing, advertising and merchandise. The finer details of the contracts probably put any potential buyers off.

More hype about possible sale to Peter out in coming weeks as deal cannot be agreed between 2 groups. Ashley still there next year and Newcastle still struggling to survive.

Work with lots of Geordies who are proud and passionate about there team.

They deserve better so hope this goes through.

I recommend a day out to St James’ Park. Great stadium, great city and great people!

A SWF may have lots of money, however if they invest in Newcastle it will for investment purposes and not for and an individual’s profile and / or hobby.

In other words, they will be looking for a return on their investment rather than spending lots of money for no return.

Could be marketing for their tourism push.

Maybe they want to attract geordies!

nobody will buy newcastle,the minefield ashley created will make sure of it,only there will be no return for anybody interested,he will have all the good bits sewn up and watertight as we,ve found to our cost

I don't see Ashley going anywhere. We have seen how stubborn he is. Im sure any sale he proposed will still depend on him being tied into the clubs marketing, advertising and merchandise. The finer details of the contracts probably put any potential buyers off.

If it is in the Wall Street Journal it has not come from the Fatman’s sources.
This sounds like it could be for real and the Saudi’s won’t care if the books need to be cooked to get their toy.

It's a plant so the fat man doesn't have to invest in the January window happens every 6 months with Newcastle

Back