Walter Smith has passed away

Genuinely have a tear in my eye. What a hero he has been to us fans, to our club.

The History books show what a great manager he was.

Sad sad news.

Goodbye Walter. RIP.

That has completely knocked me for six this morning. The man was a legend and a true leader, RIP gaffer.

Today lads and lassies we have lost a giant the word legend gets bandied about but the boss was a genuine one and was also a good all round good guy, never will be forgotten.

Words truly fail me, what an outstanding man, human being and Rangers man, truly gutted by this news.

Sad sad day for all at Rangers football club, to the grand lodge above, you have everything to our club, a true Ranger who gave so much joy to do many. Thought la are with family. Stand down Sir your duty is done

Had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Walter at a few RSC dances. An absolute gentleman. Will be sadly missed by all the Rangers family but none more so than his own family. Deepest condolences to his family. RIP Sir.

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

Absolutely gutted.

Absolutely gutted to hear this. An absolute legend, a true Ranger and a gentleman. Gave me so many happy memories growing up in the 9 in a row years. He epitomised everything that our club stands for, integrity, honour, humility and respect. Thoughts got out to his family. Rest easy Walter, gone but never forgotten. Thanks for everything you did for us.

Walter Smith epitomises Rangers. For many you say Rangers and you immediately think of Walter the same as with Liverpool you think of Shankly etc

His first spell was of course outstanding, but for me, his second spell, when he answered the call to save our club from turmoil and took us to glory and almost eternal glory in Manchester as well was quite simply his biggest achievement in football, in many ways he’s Mr Rangers.
A true club legend (the word doesn’t actually seem enough)

Rest in Peace now Walter and thank you for a lifetime of memories and joy

The best there was and ever will be, in other words just Simply the best. Sleep tight gaffer, the joy you brought to this bear alone over the years will prob never be repeated.

RIP Walter. Rest easy, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for many, many amazing memories.

I was just told about it, I came on here hoping it was a miscommunication.

It’s heartbreaking, to lose Walter Smith, the greatest manager in my lifetime.

He saw us lift 55 and be back on the top of Scottish football.

Walter Smiths Blue and White Army

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

So sad, my hero. One of a kind. RIP Walter.

Latest posts

Back