Games played 27
Wins 20
Draws 4
Losses 3
Points 65
Goals Scored 63
Goals conceded 18
Clean sheets 14

We are no any worse of Really, a bit of calm, patience, perseverance and perspective is required. It’s hard the watch that bigot have success however we must accept it’s going To take time

He’s had 2 seasons OP and we’ve been back in the top flight for years now. I like your optimism and the stats seem to make us look not bad however, what has happened since December is horrific. To go from being in the driving seat in January to being 12 points behind in February means that something seriously wrong has happened

The key thing was that in Walter’s final season Celtic were weaker than what they are. After about 8 years of winning trophies they now have a squad full of winners and we do not.

We need a new defence shakeup as it’s costing us points. I would like us to get another left back in and Halliday and Flanagan to be let go. The main centre back pairing would be Helander along with another experienced commanding centre back.

We were still in the running for the league and we eventually won it. So actually we’re far worse off this season.

Just looking at points tallies 10 years apart is utter nonsense because they’re different teams, we’re up against different teams, and the results of other sides and psychology of where you are in the league at any particular point has a direct impact on everything.

If we change manager every year or 2 then we will never won the league.
We need to forget the obsession of 10 In a row and build us back to a club that will compete every year for the rest of time
The whole pedro disaster has set us back years.

I would argue Gerrard as we had been out the top flight for 5yrs prior

Also worth noting that Walter inherited a team with the likes of Ferguson, Papac, Novo, Boyd, Hutton and McGregor.

Gerrard had to essentially rip up the entire team and start afresh bar Tavernier, Jack and Morelos.

That’s not even taking into account the fact by that point Walter was a ridiculously experienced manager having already been at us for an whole decade as well as having been Everton and Scotland manager.

If we change manager every year or 2 then we will never won the league.
We need to forget the obsession of 10 In a row and build us back to a club that will compete every year for the rest of time
The whole pedro disaster has set us back years.
Amen to that, progress has been made, not enough for a club this size granted, however if we keeping chopping and changing it will only set us back further. Football has changed an awful lot in the past 10yrs, you don’t just change manager and win a title, development of players is now greater then ever. Klopp at Liverpool is a prime example. He didn’t chop, he didn’t change, he took the criticism on the chin, stuck to his guns and look now.

Means %^*& all. We are a distant second.
We are w distant 2nd because they have been relentless to an extent not seen in Scottish football, they have built a team over the past 10yrs with a winning mentality, if we keep chopping and changing managers and breaking the cycle what will that achieve.

2010/2011 -
Games played 27
Wins 21
Draws 2
Losses 4
Points 65
Goals scored 60
Goals conceded 24
10 clean sheets

This season 2019/2020
Games played 27
Wins 20
Draws 4
Losses 3
Points 65
Goals Scored 63
Goals conceded 18
Clean sheets 14

We are no any worse of Really, a bit of calm, patience, perseverance and perspective is required. It’s hard the watch that bigot have success however we must accept it’s going To take time

Why did you do that ?

attention seekers all over this board have been going all out to try and undermine Gerrards’s record, our result ruined my weekend you have just ruined theirs.

Also worth noting that Walter inherited a team with the likes of Ferguson, Papac, Novo, Boyd, Hutton and McGregor.

Gerrard had to essentially rip up the entire team and start afresh bar Tavernier, Jack and Morelos.

That’s not even taking into account the fact by that point Walter was a ridiculously experienced manager having already been at us for an whole decade as well as having been Everton and Scotland manager.

Gerrard inherited his best players to be fair.

We are w distant 2nd because they have been relentless to an extent not seen in Scottish football, they have built a team over the past 10yrs with a winning mentality, if we keep chopping and changing managers and breaking the cycle what will that achieve.

Cool mate, you keep sleep walking towards their 10 in a row and more.

Well if we decide to change in the summer who would you replace Gerrard with and how are you financing the squad overhaul

I'm not the Director of Football. The board gambled with Gerrard. Looks decent in patches but the honeymoon period is over and it isn't good enough. Doesn't learn from his mistakes. Plays the same consistent formation that teams sussed out when we had fucking Warburton in charge.

I'm not the Director of Football. The board gambled with Gerrard. Looks decent in patches but the honeymoon period is over and it isn't good enough. Doesn't learn from his mistakes. Plays the same consistent formation that teams sussed out when we had fucking Warburton in charge.
My point is; it’s not Gerrard being a failure, it’s fine margins. We are in the last 32 in Europa, season before Gerrard we were knocked out to progres, we have won 3 old firms in the past year, we have made it a cup final which everyone can see we were cheated in. We have improved, he is learning.

My point is; it’s not Gerrard being a failure, it’s fine margins. We are in the last 32 in Europa, season before Gerrard we were knocked out to progres, we have won 3 old firms in the past year, we have made it a cup final which everyone can see we were cheated in. We have improved, he is learning.

Apologies, I'll be grateful then we are only 12 points behind and it's only February.

Gerrard inherited his best players to be fair.

That’s a whole different argument I don’t want to get into but what I will say in Gerrard’s defence is that building an entirely new squad with just a few existing players remaining (especially with our budget in comparison to Celtic’s) was always going to be a difficult task. While he has made many mistakes, that is to be expected of a rookie manager and I would argue the position we were in after Caixinha/Murty left was extraordinarily poor and that we’re absolutely miles ahead of that now.

I can understand why some fans want him gone, we’ve faltered from a very good position and that often hurts more than just being consistently miles away like we were under Warburton and Pedro but I honestly don’t think we can get anyone better at this point, and the European and OF performances (and how much we’ve improved since he came in) clearly show he has at least some talent as a manager, so I feel he’s worth persevering with as he can only get better as he learns and gains experience.

Possibly not the most popular opinion right now, I understand.

The same cup final we missed a penalty with 30 minutes to go & the mentally challengeds only had 10 men for the same amount of time in

Apologies, I'll be grateful then we are only 12 points behind and it's only February.

We were double that amount behind at the same time (February) in the 2016-17 season when Warburton left, not to mention third in the table.

Comparing Gerrard to Warburton is utter madness.

Reactions: GF7
We are 12 points behind because they have been relentless, I cannot remember any past season where a team has won so many at this stage, we are where we are because they’ve been better

So it’s not because the ‘value for money’ players couldn’t beat the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone in the span of a month? (Losing to 2 of them).

Stevie G had a trickier rebuilding process than Walter. Pedro left us with some unsellable deadwood and the club was a bigger shambles than what PLG left.

So it’s not because the ‘value for money’ players couldn’t beat the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone in the span of a month? (Losing to 2 of them).

At this point last season with the same number of games played (27) as now Celtic were on 63 points, we’re currently on 64 points.

There’s no doubt that they’ve improved greatly from last season, and unfortunately it is the case that we have to improve at a greater rate than we already have in order to catch up with them.

At this point last season with the same number of games played (27) as now Celtic were on 63 points, we’re currently on 64 points.

There’s no doubt that they’ve improved greatly from last season, and unfortunately it is the case that we have to improve at a greater rate than we already have in order to catch up with them.

Comparing the points tally from last season doesn’t tell us enough though, it’s not as black and white as simply saying we were here last season and now we’re there, because where our direct rivals are and the results they’re getting affects the mentality of the team and vice verse. The key thing here is that after staying with them until Christmas again, we have again capitulated rapidly for a second consecutive season and at the same point each time. It seems sustaining any sort of form and dealing with the pressure when we come towards the business end, is simplify to much. Too me that isn’t progress, and if it is it’s not even nearly enough.

We’ve also made additions to the squad courtesy of the gaffer, so in theory we should be stronger, but here we are again, arse fallen out of the season in the span of a month post new-year.

Comparing the points tally from last season doesn’t tell us enough though, it’s not as black and white as simply saying we were here last season and now we’re there, because where our direct rivals are and the results they’re getting affects the mentality of the team and vice verse. The key thing here is that after staying with them until Christmas again, we have again capitulated rapidly for a second consecutive season and at the same point each time. It seems sustaining any sort of form and dealing with the pressure when we come towards the business end, is simplify to much. Too me that isn’t progress, and if it is it’s not even nearly enough.

We’ve also made additions to the squad courtesy of the gaffer, so in theory we should be stronger, but here we are again, arse fallen out of the season in the span of a month post new-year.

We’re 9 points better off at this point compared to last season, so technically we are stronger, and that’s not even mentioning qualifying from the EL groups and reaching at least one cup final, neither of which we did last season.

I’m not denying that our current run of form has been incredibly poor, but personally I feel it’s undeniable that we’ve progressed, and it’s just being more consistent and grinding out results more often is the thing that differentiates us from Celtic at the moment. I just hope Gerrard can solve that, as I don’t really want us to throw the baby out with the bathwater and sack him.

We’re 9 points better off at this point compared to last season, so technically we are stronger, and that’s not even mentioning qualifying from the EL groups and reaching at least one cup final, neither of which we did last season.

I’m not denying that our current run of form has been incredibly poor, but personally I feel it’s undeniable that we’ve progressed, and it’s just being more consistent and grinding out results more often is the thing that differentiates us from Celtic at the moment. I just hope Gerrard can solve that, as I don’t really want us to throw the baby out with the bathwater and sack him.

Each to their own. I don’t think being out of the title race by January and falling out of it in embarrassing fashion for a second consecutive season is a sign of progress at all. I think what needed to improve was how the side cope with pressure at the half way point and being somewhat consistent thereafter and all we’ve had is a repeat.

9 points better off doesn’t just doesn’t mean much when they were better off too. We’ve do superbly well in the Europa league but even that supports what I’ve always said about our weak mentality and the fact we seem to produce more when we’re underdogs, i.e we’re game raisers but not winners.

Stats tell us nothing.

Murty's win % over his 30 or so games is higher than SG's currently is after nearly 100, but FFS we are a million times better than we were then.

We're still up against a league rival who are streets ahead of us through a combination of a more determined team and a higher standard and more consistent set of players, that's the hard truth and the bottom line in all of this. They're not scared to win, we look terrified to destroy the smaller teams. Until we get that extra level of quality in our team or until they decline, we won't win anything.

Each to their own. I don’t think being out of the title race by January and falling out of it in embarrassing fashion for a second consecutive season is a sign of progress at all. I think what needed to improve was how the side cope with pressure at the half way point and being somewhat consistent thereafter and all we’ve had is a repeat.

9 points better off doesn’t just doesn’t mean much when they were better off too. We’ve do superbly well in the Europa league but even that supports what I’ve always said about our weak mentality and the fact we seem to produce more when we’re underdogs, i.e we’re game raisers but not winners.

I think the fact we’ve done so well in the EL and the OF at Parkhead proves that we can have a winner’s mentality, we just don’t show it often enough domestically.

How do we fix this? That’s Gerrard’s problem to solve.

I think the fact we’ve done so well in the EL and the OF at Parkhead proves that we can have a winner’s mentality, we just don’t show it often enough domestically.

Mate, winners win things. What we are is a souped Aberdeen who raise their game against the big boys and shit their pants against the lesser sides they’re expected to beat.

I just don’t see it, and considering this is the second consecutive year it’s happened and just looking and listening to him today, I don’t think Gerrard knows how to fix it never mind the fans. It’s all a bit depressing considering many of us truly believed we’d push them this year.

No that shows that the manager has built a team that absolutely thrives on being an underdog (OF games for the most part since he came in) and where there isn’t as much expectation (Europe).

When the pressure is on domestically we crumble in spectacular fashion time and time again, and that is useless for Rangers.

We're all desperate to be the top team in Scotland again, after 8 years of misery caused by businessmen.

We have yet another new team this season, and the only thing that's stopping us winning the league is a team developed over 4 seasons being relentless, while we drop stupid points.

Gerrard is taking us in the right direction, everyone wishes it could happen immediately but it takes time to build a winning team.

People seem to forget how much Walter was slagged absolutely rotten on this forum (and others) during his second spell. Quite a few times it reached the levels of criticism that Gerrard is now getting.

The benefit of hindsight, eh?

Also, in 10/11 he was coming off the back of 3 wildly succesful seasons that included six trophies, two of which were league titles and a European final. He'd earned more leeway than SG (I'd still give him next season).

Back