Warnock’s Interview

From what could be seen on the big screen before the game he seemed absolutely delighted to actually be in the Rangers dug out shaking hands with the manager and Alex Rae. A lifetime bucket list ambition achieved he will be able to retire happily at the end of the season.

Loved it when someone told him if they finish top 6 they play us again. His face when he said "we get to play them twice?" was brilliant.

Also followed it up by saying something like at 75 you only look ahead one game as not much point looking further ahead.

Hate he is their manager because I like him.

I have always liked the guy. He's never one to win leagues or cups but I think he might just take the sheep into the top four or six.

Hope I'm wrong because I utterly detest Aberdeen FC.

No doubt about it.

You can’t beat an interview from Colin :))

I like him and would love to see him doing well (ish) in the Championship with the mutton molesters

I know it's weird to see someone literally turn up and go "This is a decent bit of fun, ain't it? I've no idea how the competition works, but this sort of football is my kind of thing." but it seems that most of the other managers in the league are such negative, dour bastards that it must be a delight for most of he press going to a press conference.

They must have gone in there and compared Warnock's positive advert for the game with the 100th time they've heard Rodgers spout some absolute nonsense story that he made up in the shower that morning, or Derek Adams going on and on and on about how much better quality Morecambe are than a top flight team because the league is shit and his team is shit and they have no hope, Martindale doing his weekly "please sack me" conference or Levein's "Valium and Mid-table" tour 2024.

Had a go at our Ball boys for wasting time.

Needs to look at his own players before he can have a dig at others.
Noticed that. Saying he didn't know big teams done that. Has he not been managing in the prem in the last 40 years? I must admit, that did annoy me. Teams in the premier league do it all the time when their hanging on for a result.

He will be outta there in a few weeks we realises their club is built on hatred towards us. He doesn’t strike me as the type who will accept a team putting that effort in last night just to not give a f*ck the following week.

Warnock is too good a person to be poisoned - his interviews were class, clearly just wanted to manage at Ibrox.

He comes across as if he's up here for a jolly. He's always wanted to manage up here so I think he's taken it knowing he wouldn't have another chance.

A lot of talk in the media questioning how much he actually knows about Scottish football.

What does that even mean? What did Clement, Postecoglou etc know about Scottish football either?

Such a weird thing to keep harping on about.
Given the amount of games he has taken in, I would suggest he knew way more about Scottish football than any Scottish manager.

Hes also an expert of the British game. The lower leagues. The SPL isnt dissimilar.

Kind of want him to get top 6 now so he can take points off the Cover ups.

A lot of talk in the media questioning how much he actually knows about Scottish football.

What does that even mean? What did Clement, Postecoglou etc know about Scottish football either?

Aye only because he’s not sticking the boot into us and licking Rodger’s arse like the rest of the lickspittle up here.

A character, footballing man and a good laugh. Refreshing to see and not your typical snarling, Rangers hating lady's front bottom.

Interesting to see if he'll be there next season?

ridiculous given he was a frequent attendee of games in Scotland

Hes goes to plenty of Rangers games and been to Cappielow a few times over the last few years, probably knows more than most that had never set foot in Scotland before.

Kept referring to Aberdeen as "they"
Because he's not going to be there next season, and "they" will make money on Miovski after he leaves.

He's a very professional manager, and he'll definitely have a good old fashioned rampage at them after they put in no effort in their next game.

Hope he sticks around for another season. Regardless of which club it is, Scottish football needs characters. It’s been using options off the same old carousel for a decade and it’s been boring as hell.

Chuck a Warnock at Aberdeen, a Holloway at Motherwell, Jack Wilshere seems to want a job, and bring back some old Portuguese/Italian mentalist at Hearts and we could have ourselves a lot of fun.

Making his way up the road at 9am this morning after a mental night out with the big Phillipe and Alex Rae

GFrU-loWMAAZaeU

One thing I did notice, among the general praise for all things Rangers, was that he said “they (Rangers) have a lot of good players, but they leave gaps”. I think he means gaps between the central defenders. Something Clement will be working on I’m sure.

Back