Was Aribo's goal our best this season so far?

It was phenomenal. I actually realise how lucky we are when I can say it was a second to the Candeias morelos effort against Vienna. How spoilt are we? Imagine being the likes of an Aberdeen that's barely scored in the qualifiers.

This won’t go down well but I’m going to say no purely because he got a huge slice of luck and a fortunate break of the ball when he went between those two defenders.

My favourite was Morelos in Porto because it was counter attacking football at its finest in a very difficult venue against an excellent side. Kent’s flick to Barisic, his absolutely stunning first time cross to Morelos, and his confidence to rifle it right in the top corner. Sublime.

It was good but I will go for either of Morelos goals in Feyenoord or his goal in Porto.

Reactions: TN8
It wasn't even our best goal in the game.

He 50/50ed his way past a few players and got very lucky. It wasnt Michael Laudrup in 86.

Should add, I still love it and have watched it endlessly before the grief starts.

I would agree with @thetoptier

Kent's goal had some skill on the left and a guy that knew where to be in the moment. (I hope that Ryan Kent returns).

Aribo's goal was brilliant. And I am going to watch it again in a min. But all it would have taken was for Braga to boot him and take the penalty. (If someone waltzes through our defenders like that we would be raging).

Whereas Kent's goal was knowing where to be. And what to do. (And keep it low and hard against a decent keeper who is comfy with shots 3ft off the ground and above)

He 50/50ed his way past a few players and got very lucky. It wasnt Michael Laudrup in 86.

Should add, I still love it and have watched it endlessly before the grief starts.

Not our best goal out of the 3?

You can't be serious.

Don’t know if it’s the best goal

I put them in terms of how wild it gets where I sit ,as it hits the back of the net

Ones that stick in my head on European nights at Ibrox are

Morelos v Porto
Aribo v braga
Lovenkrands v Villarreal

Those three goals had me jumping in people I don’t know ,an others ending up in different rows

Maybe not the best goals but what a feeling they gave me

Reminded me a bit of Giggs against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi which gets hauled out every other week.

I prefer a good team goal myself so Alfie in Porto for me. A team display by the way very reminiscent of Braga’s last night.

We've scored quite a few better. He got a pretty big slice of luck. Still a great goal though.

If you don't think so, what was better?

Kent at the piggery for me mate.

The passing triangles from the edge of our own box, right up to a superb clinical finish.

Great goal from start to finish.

It was a fantastic goal, but I agree with others about Kent's goal against that mob.

If you don't think so, what was better?

Arfields 2nd at Hamilton a few weeks ago.

Aribos was a brilliant goal but in terms of the spectacular, a 30 yarder that hits the underside of the bar and goes in will always be better. In my opinion.

It wasn’t lucky because it was exactly what he was trying to do.

Yes.

IMO a great modern LB footballing goal.

He must spend hours sewing Velcro to his boots.

Leggy on the ball - elegant in the tackle.

Loved that goal. Loved it.
I loved it too. Off my seat thinking he’s going for it, he’s in he’s in! Then going mental with everyone else! Not heard a noise level like that in a long time!

There was nothing lucky or ‘50/50 about Aribos Goal! From his determination and guts to win the ball back to his stretch to play the initial one, two and then the epic slaloming dribble and conscious nutmeg before the slide rule finish to the near post.

The frustration for me is that Aribo can to this against technically superior defenders in Europe yet not against the dross of the premiership. Magnificent goal, the kind of goal you watch on a Europa league highlights show and wish we had a player like that. If there was a better goal scored in the first leg of the round of 32 I’d like to see it.

Completely disagree with folk saying Aribo was lucky, he absolutely was trying to get through them, if it was luck he made it himself with his determination, and the skill to make the angle for the finish was amazing.

It might not be the best goal, but for sheer grit and determination, it was a hugely lmportant goal.

No room for Mr Hagi? Got to be Alfie against Feyenoord though, what a second goal....simply wonderful.....and Scott Arfield at Hamilton, that was a peach...

The frustration for me is that Aribo can to this against technically superior defenders in Europe yet not against the dross of the premiership.
If it was an spl game he’s still lying on the touch line where the defender did his acl with a two by four and Kevin Clancy is hovering around like a bad smell waiting to give him his second yellow for simulation.

I think aribo's at Easter Road has to be up there - lovely passing move between him and Jack and a great finish

Phenomenal goal but Kent's goal against the scum shades it for me. The movement from our penalty box and ultimately the finish, makes it a better goal imo

This won’t go down well but I’m going to say no purely because he got a huge slice of luck and a fortunate break of the ball when he went between those two defenders.

My favourite was Morelos in Porto because it was counter attacking football at its finest in a very difficult venue against an excellent side. Kent’s flick to Barisic, his absolutely stunning first time cross to Morelos, and his confidence to rifle it right in the top corner. Sublime.
Maybe wasn’t the best but it’s been my favourite so far this season.

No Hagi the way he glided his free kick off that guy to deceive their keeper was unbelievable.

Back