Watching games almost live

Bearsden Bear

This really is a double-edged sword.

Been watching today's games (ostensibly) live here in Florida, but in reality it is about a minute behind..

Whilst knowing that a goal is coming (or isn't) the excitement aspect of it is somewhat diluted.

On balance, for important games like today, just for the sake of my sanity, I prefer to be exactly up to the second with events, but what do other Bears think?

This really is a double-edged sword.

Been watching today's games (ostensibly) live here in Florida, but in reality it is about a minute behind..

Whilst knowing that a goal is coming (or isn't) the excitement aspect of it is somewhat diluted.

On balance, for important games like today, just for the sake of my sanity, I prefer to be exactly up to the second with events, but what do other Bears think?

I think you could just put your phone down and wait the extra minute to see what happens.

Or is that too easy?

How do you know a goal is coming?
A full minute before we scored on the tv, wife says. "There's a red circle flashing beside Rangers, what does that mean?"

My reply, "Either we've scored or had a man sent off."

Ten agonising seconds later, wife says, "Yes! we've scored!"

Nothing worse watching a stream and someone keeps checking their phone.

I record two or three games a night and watch them one after another so just avoid my phone as much as possible.

Although in the Scottish Cup game against the scum I watched it in my brother in laws house and the neighbour bounced in cheering McGregors penalty save. Hadn't even got to the penalty!

Phone on silent and you don't know any different.
In the pub for away to the Paisley team on TV and we get free kick and tell evrybody def that Barasic is going to score which he did of course. Didn't say that my score app silebt notification is showing him scoring!! Delay on TV is at least 1min.

I couldn't go to the Dortmund game at Ibrox, so watched it through BT on my phone. The alerts from the Rangers app came up about 30 sec before it happened on BT. Real pain, especially when Dortmund scored.

A full minute before we scored on the tv, wife says. "There's a red circle flashing beside Rangers, what does that mean?"

Should have used those seconds to get on an in-play next scorer bet B-D

Divorce

Back