Watching Rangers in Vilamoura

lbb10

I am in holiday in Vilamoura when our 2 Euro games are on in a couple of weeks. Anyone got any good suggestions on where to watch the games over there. Not sure if games clash with World Cup matches?

Watched games in Roberto's Bar mate,if you ask Roberto the night before he,ll show it and he,s a character up for a laugh,failing that the 19th hole on the marina is a sports bar and the bonus is I,ve never seen a scum shirt any time I,ve been to Vilamoura

There’s a big sports bar at the marina mate. Got loads of TVs in it pretty sure if you asked them to get it on they would.
They were showing EPL matches last October with a group of tramps hidden away in a corner watching the mankies.

There’s a big sports bar at the marina mate. Got loads of TVs in it pretty sure if you asked them to get it on they would.
They were showing EPL matches last October with a group of tramps hidden away in a corner watching the mankies.

Is that Figo’s place?

How easy to get to albufeira is it a bus or taxi needed?
Only about 8-10 miles . Vilamoura is decent and there will be boozer at the marina etc that show it but defo worth the bus/taxi to the Britannia

Watched games in Roberto's Bar mate,if you ask Roberto the night before he,ll show it and he,s a character up for a laugh,failing that the 19th hole on the marina is a sports bar and the bonus is I,ve never seen a scum shirt any time I,ve been to Vilamoura
Tims havent the class or money to holiday in Vilamoura.

Unfortunately I had to watch the 1-5 game in the 19th hole.
Fortunately there was only a group of four yahoos there & the bar was pretty quiet.
There were a few rags on display esp around some Irish pub up a side street at the corner of the marina.

There's a bar under the big hotel, Olympus, Called Lizzies bar. There's a bar there called Pure Golf, just around the corner from it, They have loads of screens and the staff will put the game on providing it's on BT or Sky. Don't know if they do RTV :)
Or get the bus to Albufiera 9 euros to the Brittannia bar. Very small bar though. Go early if you want to sit inside which is better to watch the game. If you are outside, the screen is small and with bright sunlight, can still be hard to see even in the shade.

There's nothing in the Algarve like the Britannia Bar, which is a pure Rangers boozer. Worth travelling to whatever your resort for the tunes, the company of Bears, and the strength and price of the drinks. Been going for years (Hideaway then Britannia) and never had a bad experience.

My mates just back from a stag in Albufeira and shared some pictures of the Britannia.

I’m going to a stag in Vilamoura in May next year and know where I’ll be heading for our game(s).

I was in Vilamoura for the penalty shoot out win against the poets two years ago, they were quoting me 40Euros for a taxi to Albufeira.

I watched it in the 19th Hole, there were about 40 Bears and one of them and she was an old woman, the place was bouncing.

If I was there it would be back to the 19th Hole!

Roberto is some boy alright! We had a blast with him several years back when we used Vilamoura as a base for the Gibraltar match.

I was in Vilamoura for the penalty shoot out win against the poets two years ago, they were quoting me 40Euros for a taxi to Albufeira.

I watched it in the 19th Hole, there were about 40 Bears and one of them and she was an old woman, the place was bouncing.

If I was there it would be back to the 19th Hole!

I think the taxi quoting 40 euros was at it. I was 25 euros for a taxi and got a bus back. The bus was quicker getting back than the taxi going. And the bus stopped at every bus stop.

I'm thinking I'll go for 19th hole as I know roughly where it is. Might go for Britannia for second leg
I have the wife and kids there so not going to be getting taxis somewhere else for a match if i can catch it local. I have a few days to look about before the game to see where might show it but the 19th hole looks fine.

Was in vilamoura few weeks ago,great spot.down by the marina is first class.there were ten of us so hired our own room in a Chinese with a big screen telly to watch champions league final,beer food and football,perfect

Tims havent the class or money to holiday in Vilamoura.
Don't know about that , but I counted seven Iriah pubs in and around the marina when I was there last year Funnily enough,the big one on the 'corner' which is difficult to miss, showed the first leg last year. When I asked about the away match the guy at the bar said they didn't have access to the channel it was on (maybe it was just as well lol ).

I go to Vilamoura quite often. 19th hole is your best bet.

The Irish bar mentioned in the suse Street is O Shea’s that and O Neil’s is best avoided

The Brewery is advertised as an Irish bar but the local managers daughter lives in Largs abdcsupports Rangers. He got the Peterhead cup final on for me despite many EPL games being on the other screens.

Enjoy it mate a fantastic place

And Albuferia is no more than 25 euros

Watched the Motherwell 2-2 game in Oneills at the marina in March mate. No other pubs on marina were showing it. Had it advertised on chalkboard few days before. Watched plenty Gers games in there over the years and not seen a mentally challenged top once anytime Gers playing.

Watched the Motherwell 2-2 game in Oneills at the marina in March mate. No other pubs on marina were showing it. Had it advertised on chalkboard few days before. Watched plenty Gers games in there over the years and not seen a mentally challenged top once anytime Gers playing.
Not had chance to get down to marina yet to see where will have it - either 19th hole or O'Neill's- actually in quarteira outside Vilamoura- not sure if any local pubs will have it on

Not had chance to get down to marina yet to see where will have it - either 19th hole or O'Neill's- actually in quarteira outside Vilamoura- not sure if any local pubs will have it on
We stay in Quarteira mostly also bud. Play safe and walk to marina. Just ask pubs on weds if showing. There is 1 or 2 in Quarteira but never fancied them.

We stay in Quarteira mostly also bud. Play safe and walk to marina. Just ask pubs on weds if showing. There is 1 or 2 in Quarteira but never fancied them.

Used to go to Quarteira on holiday and The D'artagnan in Quarteira is an English pub, and there was an English one next door the last time I was there. Watched an England game with my mate in The D'artagnan, with our Rangers tops on, and were made very welcome by all the English guys.

Maybe it was because we wanted England to win :cool:

Back