Watching Rangers TV on Chromecast

derbyloyal

Official Ticketer
Can anyone recommend a decent app for facilitating this? I'm having streaming/quality issues when I try to do it from my phone to the Chromecast on my telly.

As an aside, perhaps the Club should come up with an app of their own?

Web video cast is a good app. It might taking a little messing around with the settings, especially user agent.

Can anyone recommend a decent app for facilitating this? I'm having streaming/quality issues when I try to do it from my phone to the Chromecast on my telly.

As an aside, perhaps the Club should come up with an app of their own?
"Google Home" on your mobile mate. Or there should be a cast option on any google browser on your laptop

Chrome on my laptop in Win 10 will cast. My Samsung tablet, on the same network, is easily seen and offers to cast to my TV when ever I watch videos on it.

(no matter which browser I am using !!)

Google/Chrome/Chromecast ........ all in the same software family ;)

Last edited:
"Google Home" is the app to use on your android device

Yeah that's what I normally use, but I'd never heard of a cast facility on the chrome browser. When the poster said you could cast from within chrome I checked my chrome but it wasn't there.

Yeah that's what I normally use, but I'd never heard of a cast facility on the chrome browser. When the poster said you could cast from within chrome I checked my chrome but it wasn't there.

Yeah, I've got the same problem.... Can only get RTV on my Smart TV through an HDMI cable.

When I try to play RTV through the TV, it says "this video isn't encoded for your device", whatever the fkshk that means.

When I use RTV on my tablet or phone, there is no cast option to use my Chromecast to get it on the TV. I could use screen mirroring, but the stream isn't as good.

I am pretty useless with technology, so if anyone could fire me a message on where I'm going wrong that would be hugely appreciated!

Yeah, I've got the same problem.... Can only get RTV on my Smart TV through an HDMI cable.

When I try to play RTV through the TV, it says "this video isn't encoded for your device", whatever the fkshk that means.

When I use RTV on my tablet or phone, there is no cast option to use my Chromecast to get it on the TV. I could use screen mirroring, but the stream isn't as good.

I am pretty useless with technology, so if anyone could fire me a message on where I'm going wrong that would be hugely appreciated!
I'm in the same boat as you mate so I'd like to see the answer to this too.

The TV Cast app is great it’s a little sky blue app with a screen on it and whatever you put in the web browser will show up the videos embedded within the page so you don’t need to close all the daft pop-ups. Works with CCast, Fire Stick, Smart TV’s etc. I upgraded to the full version for a fiver and it’s class but the free version is still good.

Web video cast is a good app. It might taking a little messing around with the settings, especially user agent.
+1 for web video cast app.
Open it like a browser, navigate to the page and log in, play the video you want and it should pop up with options with one asking you to connect to chromecast. select it and the video will cast to the screen.

I dont know how it works if using a VPN, something ill test and report back.

Watching it on a firestick, Firefox browser. It's fine when showing the page, however when I enlarge, it only shows half of the game, the other half is blacked out. This is on 2 different makes of tv. Did picture adjustments, no change. Anybody help?

It really shouldn’t be that hard and if the site does more around assessibilty i reckon it’ll attract more subscribers. Currently i get it on my ipad and play it on my telly through Apple TV. Not ideal, but it works.

It really shouldn’t be that hard and if the site does more around assessibilty i reckon it’ll attract more subscribers. Currently i get it on my ipad and play it on my telly through Apple TV. Not ideal, but it works.

Exactly what I do mate without any issues in the slightest.

Open it like a browser, navigate to the page and log in, play the video you want and it should pop up with options with one asking you to connect to chromecast. select it and the video will cast to the screen.

Thanks for this. Worked a treat tonight for me.

Likewise to the poster above. This app works for me! Watching the Bury game "as live" just now.

Thanks a lot mate for explaining in simple terms, haha.

There’s a chrome plugin that allows you to cast from the chrome browser to a chromecast. I can’t remember the name and I’m not near my pc.

It’s mostly fine but the ball is a bit ‘blocky’ when it travels fast (I.e. from a goalie kickout etc). It would be ideal for me if this was better.

Back