Wayne Rooney - new film out now on Amazon

Rooney was some player in his prime.

Just a shame that we never saw the best of him develop as he got older like Ronaldo.

Loved how he was always referred to as fat, I wonder how many men at that age were his shape or the older ones who were so much fatter.

Good to see him talk about mental health and how he couldn't discuss it at man u, changed days and its good to see him promote this.

His off field antics doing what he done to his wife loses a bit of his credibility.

Remember seeing an interview with a couple of England rugby players talking about him doing a training session. They spoke of how they’d ‘see how strong he was’ training with the bigger guys etc.

After the session they said they’d never trained with someone so strong or who hit pads like him.

Saw him play at Newcastle in his 1st season, SAF played him on the right and the FB try’s to get close to close him down and he just seem to shrug his shoulders and the guy bounced off him.
He’s had some articles in the Sunday Times over the last couple of years and they were surprisingly interesting.

It goes to show how good Rooney was that some people think he underachieved, given the career he had.

An absolute animal on the pitch.. phenomenal!

If he had the off field professionalism of Ronaldo there's a chance he'd be regarded as one of the greatest forwards of all time.

The most exciting English talent since Gazza when he broke through. He was unreal.

One to buy for yer granny at Christmas.

Unbelievable player in the first half of his career. Scored some of the best goals I’ve ever seen. Still a great player latterly but obviously not to the same standard.

Great footballer, shite athlete.

A year younger than Ronaldo, He should have saved the pies and beer for after his career.

Does it tell the story of how Coleen went from Aldi check out girl to international fashion influencer?

If not, it aint worth a watch.

He was never going to be an athlete like Ronaldo. Think his body shape was always going to turn out the same. The best he could hope for was to be built like Mark Hughes. In saying that i don't suppose he watched what he was eating and drinking.

It goes to show how good Rooney was that some people think he underachieved, given the career he had.

An absolute animal on the pitch.. phenomenal!

If he had the off field professionalism of Ronaldo there's a chance he'd be regarded as one of the greatest forwards of all time.
I think Rooney's build type was the sort that was never likely to hold up to a long career, even if he had maintained things the best he could throughout.

Similar to Luke Shaw, stocky build and probably prone to putting weight on quickly.

in the 2004 Euros, I thought England had a player who would end up leading them to a win in either a World Cup or European Championships. Completely unplayable at times in Portugal

if he hadn't got injured in that tournament, who knows where England could have placed but for some reason, he never delivered in a major tournament after that

Back