Wazza stealthily relegating Derby?

The Barrel

What a season! Gers romp to 55, Covid, ESL, racism, Bayern losing CL tie....it's easy to see why we've taken our eyes off off the lower reaches of the Championship.

However as well as being a teenage superstar, famously ugly chap and sexual deviant, he's a potentially piss poor manager....4th bottom and team below them - Rotherham - have 3 games in hand. They've only won 7 games this calendar year. Scored less than a goal a game and have -20 goal difference.

Just two seasons from Play Off final.

What a season! Gers romp to 55, Covid, ESL, racism, Bayern losing CL tie....it's easy to see why we've taken our eyes off off the lower reaches of the Championship.

However as well as being a teenage superstar, famously ugly chap and sexual deviant, he's a potentially piss poor manager....4th bottom and team below them - Rotherham - have 3 games in hand. They've only won 7 games this calendar year. Scored less than a goal a game and have -20 goal difference.

He looks like someone drew a face on a massive pebble

To be fair, he’s not the issue at Derby
He’s not I agree but he looks well out his depth. Compare his interviews to Gerrards. It’s night and day. That club has deep problems but he is imo never the manager of a half decent football club. Makes him a perfect fit for them then.

Some ex-players can be great managers. See Gerrard.

Rooney is not one of them and never will be. He's not a manager in a million years.

'Maybe' a coach or an assistant, but simply not a manager.

EtLZ-DYXYAEIYEl

To be fair, he’s not the issue at Derby
First game of season I said to son in law, a st at derby, your in bother this season.
all the loanees going back to their clubs
selling anyone with value
promoting youth to fill the places
there was no way they could get above bottom half of league
the owner has been trying to sell all season.
staying up will be an achievement.

did they interview him or just hand him the job? If they've interviewed him and he was the best option then the other options must have been rotten.

Genuinely, my wee maw earlier on asked about a house he owned at a massive value and said “it’s ok, it’s got a granny flat attached”

pished myself laughing, I love my maw.

TBH i am a tad surprised he has not called in a few favours and went for people with experience in ball control, decent penetration and a guaranteed finish.

I just don't get why he hasn't made the call to Margaret, May, Hilda & Catherine. Years of experience and keeping folk satisfied.

Always felt Derby was a bizarre move for him as a player at his stage of his career, when he presumably could have got a gig somewhere like us at the time. Taking over a struggling team as manager during a pandemic as his first job was an even worse decision. Feels like he has been very poorly advised.

Hopefully getting stuffed by Burton Albion next session

Not sure of the dislike of Rooney, bizarre.
I'd want them to stay up for Waghorn and for them to fire 7 figures at us for big Edmundson. Also had a great time there pre season, so I'm all in on the Rams staying up!
I often agree with your posts, but not this time.

He's a scummy wee guy, well-suited to supporting Celtc.

And that "best ever goal in the EPL" came off his effing shin!!

I wish them well only because Tess the English guy on HandH is a big fan, but if Rotherham get it together with games in hand Derby are in deep shit.

First game of season I said to son in law, a st at derby, your in bother this season.
all the loanees going back to their clubs
selling anyone with value
promoting youth to fill the places
there was no way they could get above bottom half of league
the owner has been trying to sell all season.
staying up will be an achievement.
I was winding my derby supporter mate up at the beginning of the season, said I was Gona put a £10er on them to get relegated at 16-1. Wish I did now!!

He actually started quite well in the role from memory as well. I was surprised to see them in so much trouble when I checked The Championship table the other day. I haven't been paying much attention to it in recent months.

If you looked at Rooney snd Gerrard when both at end of playing careers snd asked which was likely to make a better manager there would only be one answer.

Guy I work with is a Derby fan so I’ve been keeping an eye on the table. I thought they were going to avoid relegation until these past couple or three weeks. If Rotherham beat Middlesbrough tonight I think Derby are gone.

I was winding my derby supporter mate up at the beginning of the season, said I was Gona put a £10er on them to get relegated at 16-1. Wish I did now!!
Like i said above ,
think it was Harry wilson,
mason mount, Chelsea defender. Vydra, can’t recall the others ,
maybe too many loans were the mains of the side, oh and the captain who got injured in the car crash.

Would genuinely be one of the greatest escapes of all time if Wednesday stay up. Fingers they do it.

It's interesting that he has become a manager, because players as good as he was rarely do. As a player he was one of the best, but I think he would have been an even better player had he stayed longer at Everton; that was his club, apparently, and yet he moved so soon.

I don’t mind Derby as a club, I think the owners are screwing them up. Last few management appointments you can tell have purely based on name rather than managerial credentials.

Shows how much attention I pay, I thought he started well as was still doing ok.

Has he not taken over them half way through a season? Always hard to judge

I lived near Derby a few years back and went to a couple of their games.

It was during Mclaren’s first spell and there seemed to be a real sense of optimism around the place. Good squad playing some great football, nice new stadium and all the fans I met seemed decent. Certainly a club fit to play in the Premier League.

Shame to see they are struggling now.

Back