We’ve two meaningless games now to figure out a cup final winning team !

I wonder what he says to Raskin?

I know I haven't even put you on the bench for most of the season, but you're my man?

Other than a run out for Sima and Matondo, if they will be fit for the final, I'd be giving Rice and a few others a run out.

For sure I wouldn't be playing loan signings like Silva.

Get minutes in players for the final. Matondo, Sima, Souttar.

Let's have a look at other set-ups, fringe players that could stake a claim going forward. Rice, King.

We can't just put out the same pish.

Clement needs to drop those that keep letting him down, a fresh approach to our tactical style wouldn't go amiss either, Rodgers could name his team now, barring injuries for th cup final, unless we spring at surprise

Doubt that mate
Last home game there will be about 45 thousand in my opinion

on a Tuesday night with the league over? absolutely no chance and I don't blame people to be honest. Ill be there but its going to be another slog.

Butland
Sterling Balogun Davies Yilmaz
Raskin Jack Diomande
Wright Dessers McCausland
I'd rather play King - Balogun should be off in the summer, so no point. I also assume Souttar is fit anyway, and he seems to have a good balance with Davies.

Jack won't be fit, but for the same reason i wouldn't pick him.

I'd rather play King - Balogun should be off in the summer, so no point. I also assume Souttar is fit anyway, and he seems to have a good balance with Davies.

think Clement said John was injured with our luck at the minute. Souter and Balogun if both fit. Just an thought for final nothing more.

I’m not certain Clement has 11 players that he trusts.
That's been his achilles heel all season. And something people who have repeatedly lost their shit with his selections have overlooked constantly. He's been scratching around for a decent starting 11 all season from a squad that a full fitness is still short of quality, and he's had a shit load of injures to manage around as well. And he's a fanbase that in some areas has completely flipped on him after a long unbeaten run was scuppered by a couple of dodgy results. He's been swimming against the tide since he came in and has done phenomenally well with a squad that hasn't ultimately been fit for purpose all season. There are issues all over the pitch that need addressing in pre season though. I just hope he gets the backing he needs to get players in and out, otherwise he might find himself under pressure and ultimately out of a job without ever getting a proper crack of the whip here. That would be a massive shame.

Here’s a thought, given Lundstram is now suspended - play Sterling alongside Diomande.

Just try it, Phil - it might surprise you.
Yeah and let's see how exposed we become on the right flank as a result of taking Sterling away frok there into the centre. You're just exposing one area of the pitch to patch up another by moving Sterling again.

Yeah and let's see how exposed we become on the right flank as a result of taking Sterling away frok there into the centre. You're just exposing one area of the pitch to patch up another by moving Sterling again.
The best we looked all season, IMO, was when Sterling was playing in the middle.

We need to play to our strengths and he’s pretty much it.

The best we looked all season, IMO, was when Sterling was playing in the middle.

We need to play to our strengths and he’s pretty much it.
See I felt our best performance was the Hearts thumping at our place when Sterling was in front of Tav on the right. Granted you had Ridvan and Cortes on the left so the attacking and defensive balance on both flanks was equally as strong.

Take Sterling away from a right sided role and you're left with either Mccausland or Wright in front of Tav, therefore an obvious weak area for teams to exploit. Granted the midfield hasn't covered itself in glory either recently but its just symbolic of the bigger issue of a real lack of quality all over the squad. Sterling can't play everywhere.

Ridvan,Raskin ,Cantwell and Roofe to start on Tues and take it from there
If I was Cantwell made to sit there today watching who got on in front of me I am not so sure I would want to play,what we could do if Ridvan is fit is put Sterling to his proper position of right back ,he is a real right back and then we have 2 proper defensive full backs.

See I felt our best performance was the Hearts thumping at our place when Sterling was in front of Tav on the right. Granted you had Ridvan and Cortes on the left so the attacking and defensive balance on both flanks was equally as strong.

Take Sterling away from a right sided role and you're left with either Mccausland or Wright in front of Tav, therefore an obvious weak area for teams to exploit. Granted the midfield hasn't covered itself in glory either recently but its just symbolic of the bigger issue of a real lack of quality all over the squad. Sterling can't play everywhere.
Sterling doesn’t have the skill to be a wide player. He’s not a natural winger. He’s not going to be pinging in dangerous crosses all day.

Yes, he covers for Tav, but that’s more or less robbing Peter to pay Paul - if Tav can’t be trusted anymore then he shouldn’t be playing.

As I say, we need to play to our strengths and Sterling in the middle of the park winning tackles, intercepting play, harrying opponents and recycling the ball is something we’ve lacked since he was removed from that role - neither Lundstram or Diomande do it as effectively, IMO.

King has been retraining as a defensive mid all season and also plays there for the national team. I've seen this on multiple threads now, he is no longer considered a cb.

I don’t trust any of them to produce a performance capable of winning the cup, the manager included. The best that we can hope for is that they have an off day and we somehow capitalise on it. That’s not praising that lot. They’re just not as piss poor as we are. This is a very poor celtic side and we’re probably going to gift them a double.

Sterling doesn’t have the skill to be a wide player. He’s not a natural winger. He’s not going to be pinging in dangerous crosses all day.

Yes, he covers for Tav, but that’s more or less robbing Peter to pay Paul - if Tav can’t be trusted anymore then he shouldn’t be playing.

As I say, we need to play to our strengths and Sterling in the middle of the park winning tackles, intercepting play, harrying opponents and recycling the ball is something we’ve lacked since he was removed from that role - neither Lundstram or Diomande do it as effectively, IMO.
Tav can't be trusted as much defensively anymore especially in games like today so that's the basis for my argument of Tav playing further forward, with Sterling in his natural position of rb that we've not had chance to see him in yet. He's the athleticism and power to overlap Tav and provide the space for Tav to deliver into the box. I think there's a relationship in the making there that can see them both interchange roles depending on what's required game by game. I know people will say its not worked with Tav further fwd before but has he had someone of Sterling's quality to work with before? As I say with a right side of Sterling and Tav and a left side of Ridvan and Cortes, you've got 2 very strong flanks there.

I see what you're saying about Sterling's presence in midfield, he suffers from being too competent in too many positions at the minute because the drop off in quality in positions he's not used in is so great. I want to see players who are midfielders by trade doing the job that's demanded of them and not expecting sterling to have to come to the rescue all the time.

King has been retraining as a defensive mid all season and also plays there for the national team. I've seen this on multiple threads now, he is no longer considered a cb.
Cool - play him DM then. He's been on the bench forever this season and never been on.

Point still stands.

cup final means nothing to me now imo. couldnt care less if these players somehow manage to win it. They would celebrate it like world champions too i bet. The season has been an utter failure

I wonder what he says to Raskin?

I know I haven't even put you on the bench for most of the season, but you're my man?

Other than a run out for Sima and Matondo, if they will be fit for the final, I'd be giving Rice and a few others a run out.

For sure I wouldn't be playing loan signings like Silva.
Not sure if Raskin is in his plans.

Let's also not forget that earlier in the season everyone agreed he was shit and wanted him out.

Back