we actually got 92 points last season

This is the point those still supporting Clement are missing.

He’s done nothing that Beale didn’t. He’s had 1 impressive result as Rangers manager, beating Betis away.

That aside, he’s lost twice to them, drawn a must win v them at Ibrox, lost to Motherwell and Ross County and dropped points against Aberdeen and Dundee.
I think the point those wanting Clement out are missing is that we were out of it in October and, regardless of the negative spin being put on it, got ourselves into a position where only a massive catastrophe would hurt us.
Oh, and he’s won a cup.
Was that likely in October?

I think the point those wanting Clement out are missing is that we were out of it in October and, regardless of the negative spin being put on it, got ourselves into a position where only a massive catastrophe would hurt us.
Oh, and he’s won a cup.
Was that likely in October?
He won a cup that someone else knocked Celtic out of

He’s had 1 great result since October and then a series of results that every manager would be expected to get for us, and a few shockers as well.

His OF displays have been abysmal

Sick of reading they ain't that good on here.

They fuckin win the league every year ffs
They've lost to hearts & killie. They are bang average you don't need to be Real Madrid to win this league.

We are rubbish but they are slightly better.

Away & have a lie down

Kilmarnock and Hearts (twice) beating them brought us back into the title race.

How many games has Clement won that have impressed you?
Is it not that we went on a fairly decent run ourselves that brought us into a title race as much as anything else?
I’ve often found that league wins and losses by any number of teams that make up championship successes.

Both teams have regressed.

We have just regressed further. I honestly think with the same players as last year we would of won the league this year.
Are you assuming we drop further points?

Otherwise, we have came back 5 points and they are 6 points down which would make your maths as bad as your English. Its have not of.

After a horrible start to this season we got ourselves into a superb position to overtake them and go top and we blew it.

We shouldn’t have been in a position going to that place needing a win.

The players only have themselves to blame but I guess some may not give a fxxk as they have been here losing to this mob too many times.

Arghhhhhh

To be fair Gerrard took over when we were a worse team than Aberdeen, on a par with Hearts and there were doubts if we would ever get back to being a title winning team.

To have taken us from that position to an invincible title winning team was nothing short of miraculous.
We vastly over rate what Gerrard achieved because we are still so grateful for it. That was when the real rot set in. One trophy in 10 attempts was not Rangers standard…4 or 5 from 10 was. Far from miraculous in our real world.

Not enough and I won't argue his record against them but let's not pretend he was much better in terms of winning trophies as he had more than his fair share of shockers while he was here.
To win trophies we have to beat them, our record against Celtic since Gerrard left is shocking. We can kid on all we like but it's appalling.

To win trophies we have to beat them, our record against Celtic since Gerrard left is shocking. We can kid on all we like but it's appalling.
I'm not arguing with you on that mate. This movie's had more releases than Police Academy and I'm scunnered watching it.

It's not the manager it's the players, we've known it since 2018, only one manager was capable of getting a tune out some of them on OF day and even he wasn't that great towards the end, partly due to not being backed in the transfer windows. Board have to take some responsibility for allowing Beale almost carte blanche on transfers and failing to give Gerrard (and gio somewhat) exactly what they wanted or needed in the windows.

Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Clement

Absolute nonsense. Gerrard got to keep players who could've been sold for big money. That was his backing. He fucked it royally against a 10 man Malmo then took the first ticket out.
I think it was a case of we can't bring anyone in you can't sell these players

If we had brought players in we would have sold but board decided to go with punts

The change in direction of the club when park took over was pretty clear cut costs.

If we had improved the squad maybe malnourished is different result and c they were about to chase their team bus down the road is they dropped any more points.

After seville we had money didn't invest properly board started working against gio as well with the Chris Jack articles

We put money into neh that needed to go into the team we didn't

Celtic won with 99

They can only make 93 if they win both games, we can get to 87

Is this really progress?
Its not been progress when u look at it like that, but I don't know for sure but I'd guess our points total under Clement per game would have beat 92 points from last season, and he's not had a Summer window yet.

For me, we should have kept Sakala. He was a bit goofy but the guy got numbers and the filth were terrified of him. Outwith that, Goldsons regressed, Lundstrum has as well. Raskin can't get a game for some reason and I think Cantwells stats were better in half a season last year than a full season this year.

This next window is massive but I do have confidence in Clement to get it right.

I think it was a case of we can't bring anyone in you can't sell these players

If we had brought players in we would have sold but board decided to go with punts

The change in direction of the club when park took over was pretty clear cut costs.

If we had improved the squad maybe malnourished is different result and c they were about to chase their team bus down the road is they dropped any more points.

After seville we had money didn't invest properly board started working against gio as well with the Chris Jack articles

We put money into neh that needed to go into the team we didn't
The board definitely aren't blameless in all of this. The Beale appointment has definitely set us back. They need to back Clement with whatever change we can find down the back of the sofa this summer. If that means selling the likes of Butland then that might need to happen.

After a horrible start to this season we got ourselves into a superb position to overtake them and go top and we blew it.

We shouldn’t have been in a position going to that place needing a win.

The players only have themselves to blame but I guess some may not give a fxxk as they have been here losing to this mob too many times.

Arghhhhhh
Bottling it was always in my mind over the weeks before we did capitulate.

Also add in the fact Clement got some tune out of the mess Beale left and in a roundabout way something was always bound to happen along the way.

We aren't a very good team unfortunately and we carry far too many mediocre players who ultimately crumble when the going gets tough and that's what the manager and Koppen have to address over the summer.

We had a disaster in the pre-season transfer window-pure and simple.
All hindsight of course but the pre-season was awful.
You couldn’t see any pattern of play forming over the series of matches and by the time the Kilmarnock match came round the players looked confused and fucked off with it already.

It’s the ultimate strawman argument.

If they are pish, they wouldn’t have only lost 3 of the last 15 games against us.
They’ve lost 3 matches this season - none to Rangers.
We’ve lost 7 - 3 of those to Celtic.

See if we could put up a fight against them - we would be in with a shout. As it stands we are depending on the rest of the league taking points off Celtic for us.

I’m still staggered that folk were putting up an argument that we could lose all the Old Firm matches and still win the title. Until we are capable to matching and then bettering Celtic over those 4 games we are not winning any league titles.

No. Its quite clearly isn't Rangers progressing. But Rangers chose to take this regression when we appointed Beale.
The horrific start hasn’t helped our cause this season, but what’s Beale got to do with our players and management sh*tting themselves once they got into a position of strength at the top of the table?

The horrific start hasn’t helped our cause this season, but what’s Beale got to do with our players and management sh*tting themselves once they got into a position of strength at the top of the table?
Absolutely nothing.

I didn't blame Beale for Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee.

League isn’t finished yet, we lost it by 7 points last season and I for one would not be surprised if we lost it by more this time.

Doesn’t really matter if you are “in a title race” if you still end up miles back when the big silver thing is handed over.
It definitely does if it's over in September vs the last few game of the season.

Miss out the midfield and lump it long, and hope a winger can run onto it or we win the second ball. That seems to be his philosophy from what we have seen this season.
He plays like that because we don’t have players who have the ability to play through a press.

Looking increasingly like PCs start was just a new manager bounce, we've regressed and he's losing the players.

They’ve lost 3 matches this season - none to Rangers.
We’ve lost 7 - 3 of those to Celtic.

See if we could put up a fight against them - we would be in with a shout. As it stands we are depending on the rest of the league taking points off Celtic for us.

I’m still staggered that folk were putting up an argument that we could lose all the Old Firm matches and still win the title. Until we are capable to matching and then bettering Celtic over those 4 games we are not winning any league titles.
People still living off the Souness statement “I don’t care if we lose 4 time to Celtic as long as we win the league”.

Will never happen today, we need to beat them at least once.

The biggest mistake we (Beale) made was deciding we were going to play narrow, without wide players and selling them all, only for us (Beale) to realise it was a catastrophic mistake after the transfer window shut and abandoning everything we worked on all summer.

Our options out wide at the start of the season were Wright, who we tried to sell, Matondo, who we tried to sell and Sima, a player Brighton consider a striker.
Pretty much this. Sims got injured so we replaced him with Cortes who then similarly got injured.

We have been left with Sterling on thh BG e right and Silva on the left. We used to have Kent and Aribo. Understand Kent didn’t do much in his last season but overall he was a good signing. Now it’s a huge downgrade. I really like Sterling but he’s either right back or midfield for me

He plays like that because we don’t have players who have the ability to play through a press.
Shite excuse from him. Hearts, Kilmarnock, Ross County all play better football than us. Are you trying to say they have better players?

He won a cup that someone else knocked Celtic out of

He’s had 1 great result since October and then a series of results that every manager would be expected to get for us, and a few shockers as well.

His OF displays have been abysmal
So feckin what!
He still won a cup that many thought unlikely on his arrival.

Shite excuse from him. Hearts, Kilmarnock, Ross County all play better football than us. Are you trying to say they have better players?
No. Those teams are: 15, 26 and 48 points behind us. Are you seriously saying they ‘play better football’ than us? Hearts impress you in the semi? When we beat them 5-0? Clement said when he came in he didn’t have a magic wand. It’s not tactics, effort or luck. They have better players. Much better players who aren’t injured all the time. Celtic’s blip this season coincidentally came when they lost Carter Vickers, Hetate and Maeda.

Celtic won with 99

Is this really progress?
How many points did we have when Beale got sacked as opposed to the same stage last season?

In some ways the idea of progress is largely redundant at this point anyway because we'll likely see a bunch of players leaving in the summer so essentially starting from scratch again next season.

Hopefully we'll see progress next season in the sense of Clement having the nucleus of a squad that can fulfil what he wants out of them.

Celtic won with 99

Is this really progress?
FFS most points wins the League. Doesn’t matter if they get more or less from the year before. Every season is different.

We vastly over rate what Gerrard achieved because we are still so grateful for it. That was when the real rot set in. One trophy in 10 attempts was not Rangers standard…4 or 5 from 10 was. Far from miraculous in our real world.

Only in our entitled world of the mid 90s. Did you miss the part where we got relegated to the bottom tier and the spivs ransacked the club from top to bottom?

No. Those teams are: 15, 26 and 48 points behind us. Are you seriously saying they ‘play better football’ than us? Hearts impress you in the semi? When we beat them 5-0? Clement said when he came in he didn’t have a magic wand. It’s not tactics, effort or luck. They have better players. Much better players who aren’t injured all the time. Celtic’s blip this season coincidentally came when they lost Carter Vickers, Hetate and Maeda.
These teams are capable of playing out from the back and using their midfield. Clement can't seriously say we can't use the midfield in games against the dross but still plays long balls. It's pish to watch and other teams have sussed us out.

Everyone has an opinion but I'm pretty certain we will be looking for another manager next season when we are behind in the league. Celtic won't be as bad next season as they were this season.

Back