We Beat 2 Of The 3 Europa League Teams On Head To Head Basis

Disco Deejay

More than held our own against Villareal and Rapid Vienna, but our results against Spartak Moscow cost us.

We should have beat them at Ibrox and got at least a point in Moscow (Not helped by a good goal being ruled out at 3-2, just before half time).

Disappointment tonight, but we have at least returned to being competitive in Europe and it was good whilst it lasted.

Get a couple of creative midfielders signed and next season should be even better.

Glass Half Full Loyal.

I’m gutted to be out but overall we’ve exceeded expectations in Europe it’s just worrying our lack of creativity although if Goldson,s header had went in it would surely have boosted the confidence in the team and gave us the platform to go through

I’m gutted to be out but overall we’ve exceeded expectations in Europe it’s just worrying our lack of creativity although if Goldson,s header had went in it would surely have boosted the confidence in the team and gave us the platform to go through

I've pointed out in other threads, Candeias, Dorrans, Murphy, Kent, Ejaria & Rossiter were all missing tonight. That's 6 midfielders who could provide something different. To have 6 midfielders out at the same time would hamper any team.

Been thinking about this. Very few teams go out having a better head to head against the top 2. The mhankies actually qualified from a UCL group after losing all 3 on a head to head basis. Why? They won at home and lost all away games. We won one games and lost 2 against the two weakest teams in the group. Draws are a big downfall.

7 draws in 14 matches tell you everything you need to know with 5 being 0 0

Being pedantic, only 4 were 0-0. :p

I'll never complain about getting a 0-0 away in Europe, even to Shkupi and Maribor.

However, the 0-0's at home to Spartak and Villareal have only confirmed what we've seen against the Sheep twice, Dundee and several other SPFL teams, unless we score early and bring them out, they will sit with 2 deep banks of 4 that we really struggle to break through.

Back