We could have embarassed Feyenoord tonight

Wish we had!
To play like that against a top Dutch outfit grit determination winning nearly every 50/50 ball was amazing.....contrast that with the pitiful performance against them....I just hope the gaffer has learned a harsh lesson....go for their throats at the stydome

Game of two halves tonight, should have been at least 4 up first half but if they had taken anything tonight we couldn't have complained, they were excellent in the second half, we couldn't get the ball off them at times.

Penalty.
Alfie penalty that never was.
Arfield post.
Jack with all the time in the world but knocked it over.
The Goldson free headers.

How far have we come that we are creating that amount of chances against a top Dutch side in European football? Gerrard really has turned us around.
Morelos double save before pen shout

We could have been out of sight at half time

If anyone has the slightest feeling of disappointment after tonight they need to have a lie down in a dark room and stay away from their keyboard.

There was a thread the other day titled, could, should have been...

Last night we took Feyenoord apart in attacking areas, should have had two penalties, hit the bar, missed free headers and sclaffed it when it mattered.

That should have been a hammering last night. We've got to start taking our chances, we need to be more ruthless.

By not putting them to the sword they could have embarrassed us at the end by preventing us from winning. Porto will hammer them. Can see Kent relishing coming up against their full backs.

Edit: I predicted we would beat them home and away and I’m confident after what I seen last night.

Penalty.
Arfield post.

How far have we come that we are creating that amount of chances against a top Dutch side in European football? Gerrard really has turned us around.

Should Morelos have had 2 penalties? I've seen the replay of the tackle and it's a stonewaller. I thought the defender was fouling him in the lead up to his booking as well.

Penalty.
Arfield post.

All very good having chances but we need to put them away.Just watched the highlights there just now & we wasted the chance to have the game wrapped up at 1/2 time.
Never got a good view of it last night but just seen Ojos miss for a 2nd. Thats what we should be burying.
Frustrating as fcuk!!!

Delighted to get the win obviously and the performance was impressive but we need to start killing off teams and being more ruthless.

If we do that it also allows us to control the game better and maybe rest the likes of Morelos, Arfield, Jack etc by taking them off earlier in games.

Back