We just look done, mentally and physically

No balls in the OF.

No desire in the County game.

No fight in this game.

No real leadership on the park and that's crazy at this point in the campaign, they have just dropped themselves out of the race completely.

Weekend game is an opportunity to get a fucking grip.

This is all on those players, especially the "old guard".

Last edited:
The reason for this fatigue in the middle of a title run-in is inexplicable, tbh.
I think it's a combination of: Beale's shit preseason setting the squad up poorly for a long season, injuries requiring some players to play too much and them now collapsing (Lundstram), some getting too old and still playing every game (Tav, Goldson), and a weak mindset and limited ability across the team.

Happened to Liverpool with the demand of Europe, the title run alongside injuries.
Though we've had the added awful pre season fitness.

I genuinely thought we'd come out of the traps early tonight and have a real go at Dundee. However, its now clear that we just don't have the physical stamina to match high-intensity opposition. I reckon even teams like Ross County and Dundee have picked up on that core weakness.

We look unfit which is on PC

Much of the hard work on fitness is done in pre-season, and it has been widely suggested that ours was very poor under Beale. That's coming home to roost now.

Chuck in a ton of injuries leading to an inability to manage minutes and a heavy schedule with Europe and you end up with what we are seeing now.

It's not really though. The baseline fitness isn't there from the pre-season. Which is one of the reasons we have suffered badly from injuries - add to that a mental weakness in some as to why we can't dig out results.
Rubbish

The only good thing about tonight was the previous 2 postponement was meant to be there but tonight was in sunny Albufeira and everyone in Bar 33 felt same way and felt for the guys who travelled to that pish

The team does look absolutely knackered. Last coherent performance for 90 mins was against Hearts at end of Feb.

Grasping at straws here but maybe a lot of this is our injuries earlier in the season just taking their toll.

Manager telling players they can’t play x amount of minutes creates a mindset, professional players should be able to play 90 min twice a week.

You know that's not how things work nowadays right? This isn't a Rangers thing it's a sports science at every club in world football thing.

What is? I don't think we were looking well conditioned under Beale. We even had players noting how poor the training was. Adding fitness during a hectic playing schedule isn't easy. Particularly when PC will have been wanting to use the limited training time to work on getting his ideas across. There are issues - but the fitness isn't on Clement.

its mentality

our NIAR team always found a way to win ,Smiths second time around was far better with worse players ,McLeish had his team playing well for a few seasons while financial reality caught up with the club

This group dont possess that mentality

Manager telling players they can’t play x amount of minutes creates a mindset, professional players should be able to play 90 min twice a week.
Not if they weren't conditioned properly pre season.
Beale has done so much damage to the club its unbelievable.
In saying that, rhe board giving him carte blanche to sign players that even folk on here knew weren't good enough going by their numbers was shocking.

Honestly it looks as if the players just don’t care enough. Dundee had nothing to play for tonight, and they were fighting, snarling, dirty tricks, flying into everything. We’re competing for a fucking title and the players looked like they were just waiting for the inevitable. It’s a fucking disgrace and it disgusts me the disregard most of them show for us.

Look at how we play in Europe, it’s as if we actually care and want to win. I honestly feel as if we’ve had too many players here for too long, and too many mid table English championship losers who couldn’t care less about winning the Scottish league, happy just to sit on their 20k a week and maybe try a leg in the big games.

We look unfit which is on PC
Not having that.he was playing catch up regards points and fitness. To get what he did out of this squad is actually an achievement. That's not saying we are terrible now and reverted to type but PC can only piss with the cock he has.
PC and Koppen have a huge summer ahead of them

It's actually a bit pathetic.

Extravagantly paid footballers who train every day at a superb facility, who are worshipped by a fan-base equal to any world-wide, who travel like royalty...

there are no excuses for tonight's abject failure.

This weekend is massive, victory could give us that final push, final exertion and effort to massively turn things around.

Defeat this weekend, god knows.

Hopefully I will just Keep Believing.

Heads and legs have completely gone to pieces.

There's genuinely another 4 or 5 nil Parkhead visit on the horizon, this group of players are finished.

Those two games against Benfica have royally fucked us. We look dead on our feet.
The difference in our physicality and energy from around mid second half vs Benfica and now is staggering. We were very leggy in that match towards the end and aside from the second 45 minutes vs them it's been as if we've been playing in slow motion and reverted further and further into a walking football mentality since. Our legs have completely gone. If the energy isn't there the rest can't follow. Poor preseason, massive injuries, most long term, and the core players already having played 50+ games is visibly taking its toll now at exactly the wrong time. Silva and Roofe, of all people, were about the only ones tonight willing to run or take anyone on. The others looked too knackered to run the length of themselves.

As soon as we reached the business end and saw that there was nobody above us we folded.

For me the Motherwell defeat at home was the writing on the wall.
We had zero control in that match. Couldnt believe how easy they were cutting through us and getting chances.

When Clement came in he mentioned how dreadful and unprofessional the levels of fitness were in the squad. It's predictably caught up with us at the worst possible time.
Just about to post similar,he was visibly shocked at how out of condition the squad was.we had a chryo chamber that had never been used.if you don’t get the fitness levels right at the pre season.you really are screwed because there is no way you can improve it greatly in the middle of the seaso.

Much of the hard work on fitness is done in pre-season, and it has been widely suggested that ours was very poor under Beale. That's coming home to roost now.

Chuck in a ton of injuries leading to an inability to manage minutes and a heavy schedule with Europe and you end up with what we are seeing now.
It was also reported to be poor under Gio- at what point do the players need to take some responsibility for their fitness?

I genuinely thought we'd come out of the traps early tonight and have a real go at Dundee. However, its now clear that we just don't have the physical stamina to match high-intensity opposition. I reckon even teams like Ross County and Dundee have picked up on that core weakness.
I think these players are physically shattered

You need that something extra personality wise to get it over the line.

Our players have a mid table championship mentality where a draw isn't the end of everything.
It's got to be mentality. They can do it when it doesn't matter, put runs of games together, but any time the heat is on, they crumble.

The teams that win things have winners throughout, we have the opposite.

Back