We must start the season well

Sir Sasa Papac

We simply must start well next year, put Lennon and the team under pressure from the first day. The fans aren’t convinced by him, half the players are convinced and some of the sports science staff hate him and his methods. More to the point I’ll bet any money Lennon is sh1tting himself. He’s also deeply suspicious of Lawwell and the two really didn’t get on last time. These are two of the biggest years Celtic have ever faced and the man who loses the title will be a pariah, republican bastard or not.

If we are 3-6 points ahead after the first old firm game they’ll turn in each other fast.

We can’t let him/them settle next year we need to go for the throat early doors.

really need a good start to the season then go in to the first old firm game and lay down a marker , get our noses in front and build momentum, cant wait to see lennon frothing at the mouth

Regardless of the opening fixtures I suspect we will once again have a tough start meanwhile they will get there usual easy free run to start with.

It's imperative we start every game next season with the right attitude and intensity as we show notably in the OF games at Ibrox. Consistency and improving our away form is the key for us next season.

55-coming.gif

For the first time in years , I feel we are going into a new season on at least equal footing with them.

Even last year with Gerrard, they had a great advantage with a settled manager and squad which was assembled at much more expense than ours. Our manager was an unknown, in that he could have been a poor manager and not able to adapt to the job.

They have regressed quite severely, and we have progressed slowly but surely.

I'm sure we're due to play all of them at home first next season apart from Hearts

I thought that as well, why I suspect our first game will prob be tynecastle (or Kilmarnock away if can get away with it ) , they will prob be home to st midden(if stay up) or Hamilton

Also wouldn’t put it past them to place the first old firm game the cup semi final weekend so it has to get moved

I hope our supporters don't panic if the Europa League qualifiers hit the buffers. The league has to be the priority.
If we do you out and providing we go out to a team like Frankfurt or wolves I don't think anyone will complain as long as it's not some minnows for Latvia ect I think there won't be mass panics

We could have Pep Guardiola and £ 500 million worth of players, but as yesterday showed, it is intimidated Scottish refs who decide where trophies and titles end up. Until that intimidation is removed, 55 is never close to happening. Sorry for the negativity, but we are really up against it.

I hope our supporters don't panic if the Europa League qualifiers hit the buffers. The league has to be the priority.

If we make the Europa League take the money but fully concentrate on the league I'd never normally contemplate such a thing as Europe is such a big thing for us but the main priority next season is the league and all our efforts and resources must go into those 38 games imho.

Our first 5 aways should be
Hearts
St.Johnstone
Ross County
Kilmarnock
St.Mirren / Dundee United
Not in that order
If Dundee United get promotion I am almost certain the random fixture generator will have us there on the opening day

It’s not a popular viewpoint but it’s got to considered.

No Europa gives us a huge advantage in domestic terms. The squad will handle it better this year but no doubt the travel and extra 16 games or so did take its toll.

It's a fair point because it's quite challenging to qualify and last season shouldn't be viewed as the norm.

I would imagine the board had based our financial projections on getting to the groups once in Gerrard’s first 2/3 years. The fact we got there first time of asking means that we could probably get away with not making it this year and focusing on the league.

What we lacked at the start of last season is bedded in players , most had joined just before the start of the league , this year we’ve already signed jones,hastie and Stewart so that will help a lot considering they’ll have 2 months to get used to the club compared to weeks

What we lacked at the start of last season is bedded in players , most had joined just before the start of the league , this year we’ve already signed jones,hastie and Stewart so that will help a lot considering they’ll have 2 months to get used to the club compared to weeks
The team that starts the first game of next season will be very similar to the one that started against the mentally challengeds recently. I don’t think people understand how important that is

We weren't allowed to compete from the very first game of the season.
Early bookings for our players were routinely waved away for other teams.

This will be a huge obstacle again this season.
We have to keep an eye on these officials and that corrupt c/o.

The League is the priority. Thats the bottom line. Just fucking stop Celtic at all costs and stop them getting 9IAR.

The players MUST hit the ground running from the off, you'll be able to tell who is going to be the Champions by the first Old Firm game at Ibrox and how the league results in August go. That will set a decent enough marker for May.

We will have a proper pre-season for players and not joining half way through now we have built a squad, management team now know whats required, fans EXPECT the league next season, no excuses not to win it. 9 points wasn't a massive gap.

A run in Europe would be nice, so would the cups, but we as Rangers supporters demand the league.

The party for 55 will eclipse everything those bastards planned yesterday in town. This will go on for months.

Obviously last seaons signings were enormously important but this seasons recruitment will be equally- if not more crucial imo

It's no use thinking along the lines of where we & them are right now & trying to predict the outcome of next season based on that

The scum will add to their squad undoubtedly but just how much improvement they bring in will matter & we'll need to match or exceed the quality of our additions imo

We simply must start well next year, put Lennon and the team under pressure from the first day. The fans aren’t convinced by him, half the players are convinced and some of the sports science staff hate him and his methods. More to the point I’ll bet any money Lennon is sh1tting himself. He’s also deeply suspicious of Lawwell and the two really didn’t get on last time. These are two of the biggest years Celtic have ever faced and the man who loses the title will be a pariah, republican bastard or not.

If we are 3-6 points ahead after the first old firm game they’ll turn in each other fast.

We can’t let him/them settle next year we need to go for the throat early doors.
Agree wholeheartedly. I reckon 3 good signings over the summer and trim fat of the squad to 25 players who potentially have a path to first team. Much as I love tav he is not vocal enough to be a rangers captain, and stevie g's priority is to find a leader of men, No easy task! But we are on an upward curve so roll on 55!

We ended the season with the type of timid performance we need to eradicate to win the title. There will be so many obstacles put in our way, we can’t afford these regular off days.

If we make the Europa League take the money but fully concentrate on the league I'd never normally contemplate such a thing as Europe is such a big thing for us but the main priority next season is the league and all our efforts and resources must go into those 38 games imho.

That would make the 3 match package at £140 a hard sell.

My thoughts also.

As many of us note, we could have Pep managing us with a £100m transfer kitty, and we'd still find our results ruined by "odd" decisions/cards and by unpunished on-field injuries.

The truth is that we could start next season on Tuesday when the offices are back open by getting in touch with the SFA & SPFL and letting them know that in this upcoming season we WILL pursue both individuals and organisations that we consider to be either incompetent or plain crooked.

Whether that takes the form of civil suits, or taking our case to CAS -- whatever.

But we've GOT to let the "authorities" know that we genuinely mean business this time.

Of course, that would all depend upon whether we have a Board that has got an appetite for standing up for the Club and players.

So long as the SFA (and SPFL) personnel know that they can get away with whatever they want, it won't matter what we do on the field -- we'll be allowed to win nothing.

We talk about the importance of OF matches far too much. Simple truth is if we beat Celtic 4/4 times this season they would still have still finished 3 points ahead of us. We NEED to be more consistent against the likes of Kilmarnock and Livingston. If we do that we will win the league next season.

We talk about the importance of OF matches far too much. Simple truth is if we beat Celtic 4/4 times this season they would have still finished 3 points ahead of us. We NEED to
be more consistent against the likes of Kilmarnock and Livingston. If we do that we will win the league next season.
If we had won the two parkhead games we'd have finished 3 points ahead of them. We would have 6 points more, they would have 6 points less

Every single game the c o is involved with us. Ever game. Total joke.

For the first time in years , I feel we are going into a new season on at least equal footing with them.

Even last year with Gerrard, they had a great advantage with a settled manager and squad which was assembled at much more expense than ours. Our manager was an unknown, in that he could have been a poor manager and not able to adapt to the job.

They have regressed quite severely, and we have progressed slowly but surely.
Correct. They will struggle to attract good loans or signings with Lennon at the helm. Who wants to play for him??

Time to turn the screw!
The mere thought of the fallout from us winning the league has me slabbering. If the scenes from yesterday over here on the Gallowgate are anything to go by I can only imagine what it would be like when they don't win. Absolutely delicious. Popcorn at the ready.

We talk about the importance of OF matches far too much. Simple truth is if we beat Celtic 4/4 times this season they would still have still finished 3 points ahead of us. We NEED to be more consistent against the likes of Kilmarnock and Livingston. If we do that we will win the league next season.
I agree with the second part of your post but the first part confuses me?

Back