We need someone who can shot from range badly!

What's the story

This team badly lacks someone who can shift the ball and have a pop from 30-20 yards. It's a key component missing. Even if you don't score it causes chaos, rebounds n everything else that comes with it. Needs addressing as well.

Teams need to defend differently if that is an option.

Thoughts?

Admin change it to shoot please.

Been saying this since the start of the season so frustrating when teams sit in, we also need someone challenging balls that we're putting in the box.

I had a thread on this last week. I’d even consider using Tav or Halliday up there to at least make defenders come out to close them down. They don’t need to at the minute.

Do you not mean we need someone who can shoot from range accurately?
;)

I jest.
Totally agree, if teams know we're a threat from outside the box, they will not be able to just huddle in the middle, they'll have to close down, which leaves spaces.
Also means if they do huddle, we still have a chance of scoring.
So in short, I agree.

I wonder if it's because we don't have anyone who can shoot from range or the players are told not to.

Maybe the gaffer can start showing some of our midfield how it's done...

I agree about shooting from distance but also midfielders not taking the responsibility of a shot and passing to someone in a worse position

Watching the motd from last night Watford vs Cardiff and already seen three cracking goals from outside the box.

This is an area we are seriously deficient.

Ejaria against Ufa is literally the only goal from outside the box I can remember this season.

We’re so 1 dimensional & so easy to play against. Put the ball wide & fire in the box. It’s really starting to do my tits in. Theres nobody cutting inside, beating their man, having a pop from distance. It’s the exact same pish every week.

Today we at least had Lafferty in the box but surely when he connected with next to nothing for the first 70 minutes we could have changed it up a bit in the last 20. Nah, %^*& it, lets fire more aimless balls in and see what happens.

Yep. Coulibaly, Jack, McCrorie, Candeias, Middleton, Grezda, Kent, Arfield, Rossiter, even Morelos all have plenty to offer but not one can shoot powerfully. Halliday and maybe Lafferty the only two who can do it, Tav as well maybe.

Hate to say it, but we need a tom rogic type midfielder.

He's single handedly dragged the poets out of so many similar situations.

This is what gets me...everyone in Celtic's team (maybe Brown aside) would happily shoot within 25-30 yards as soon as they get a yard of space.

Our players look terrified to shoot for some reason.

I worry about the 29th in all honesty. If Celtic can stop us getting wide then we're completely devoid of other ideas.

Rogic, McGregor, Ntcham, Sinclair, Forrest can all score from distance.

EVERY single professional player at out and any other club in world football should be able to hit a shot in target from 20 yards out we just need the self belief and instructions from the management to take those chances at time it’s like watching Barcelona and arsenal wanting to walk the ball into the net FFS just take a shot you never know what will happen even if we don’t score we can get a deflection , rebound , corner etc have some self belief and strike the ball

Said since first month of the season we try to walk the ball in everytime.

Which is gauling when our Gaffer had a reputation for scoring screamers 20/30 yards out.

OP yes we do. Or we need a change of tact half way through. We need a change is what I'm saying.
A shooter
A creative midfielder
A game changer
A proper poaching striker

My exact conversation on the way back from the game today. We have arguably the best striker of the ball in Britain in the last decade as the manager and Gary McAllister who was also great and we don't seem to be applying this on the park. o_Oo_O

This is what gets me...everyone in Celtic's team (maybe Brown aside) would happily shoot within 25-30 yards as soon as they get a yard of space.

Our players look terrified to shoot for some reason.

I worry about the 29th in all honesty. If Celtic can stop us getting wide then we're completely devoid of other ideas.

Rogic, McGregor, Ntcham, Sinclair, Forrest can all score from distance.
But those Bheggars don’t score from distance frequently.

We’ve scored 3 more league goals than next best (1 more game played) so I think the OP’s point is valid from the consequential advantages longer range shooting can bring.

It’s not necessarily that we will score with longer range shots - but that defenders can be unsettled / unsure so get unbalanced and gaps appear.

Two poor shots from outside the box in 90 min today was disappointing.

I know people are hesitant on loans but that Everton lad can hit the ball really well, wouldn't be a bad addition if we could get him

This team is crying out for someone to take up an Albertz type role, someone who can drive forward from deep and create an end product.

If we could get that role covered and a creative striker, we would be laughing, all down to cost though. Those types of players at the level we need would be out of our price range.

Couldn't agree more. Case in point. Tav's effort versus Vienna, not a great shot but it was hit with power and on target - their keeper spills it and was lucky it fell to his own player. We should be taking on those types of percentage shot five or six times a game minimum.

This team is crying out for someone to take up an Albertz type role, someone who can drive forward from deep and create an end product.

If we could get that role covered and a creative striker, we would be laughing, all down to cost though. Those types of players at the level we need would be out of our price range.
Was going to post similar. Albertz was a master at shooting from any range, dead ball or on the run.

Does Jorg have a son?

Would love someone like him.

Was going to post similar. Albertz was a master at shooting from any range, dead ball or on the run.

Exactly mate, and also had the knack of a simple pass to create an opportunity for others when it wasn't on for himself.

It would be the one role in the team I wish we could break the bank for as it could make all the difference in this side we have.

This team badly lacks someone who can shift the ball and have a pop from 30-20 yards. It's a key component missing. Even if you don't score it causes chaos, rebounds n everything else that comes with it. Needs addressing as well.

Teams need to defend differently if that is an option.

Thoughts?

Admin change it to shoot please.
If only Stevie could still get the boots on

Wonder if Mallan at Hibs is someone we’d be watching

He's never getting near our team mate.

He's part of a Hibs midfield that have struggled all season and will be lucky to make the top 6.

Their result yesterday was more about the mentally challenged's poor performance than Hibs being special.

Halliday is probably our cleanest striker of the ball, but probably doesn't make our starting 11 if everyone is available.

Back